Question

Options
Hi Guys,

I walk Uphill twice a week (for 30 minutes). I'm afraid my thighs and calves get bulkier/ bigger. Is it true or wrong?

Need help.

Replies

• atypicalsmith
    atypicalsmith Posts: 2,742 Member
    Options
    This is a joke, right?
  • barbecuesauce
    barbecuesauce Posts: 1,771 Member
    Options
    Hi Guys,

I walk Uphill twice a week (for 30 minutes). I'm afraid my thighs and calves get bulkier/ bigger. Is it true or wrong?

Need help.

Are you in a caloric deficit or surplus? If you are trying to lose weight, it is pretty unlikely that you're going to see any gain. Very unlikely.
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    The answer is no.. Not going to see any gain from walking up hill TWICE a week for only 30 MINUTES..

Is this for real?
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Hi Guys,

Need help.
    Honestly you will be fine :)

Do you time yourself? I hill run once a week and like to time myself so that I beat it each time. Challenge yourself to beat yourself so to speak!
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,178 Member
    Options
    Hi Guys,

Need help.

Sorry, you're not doing enough to make much of a difference one way or another.

• barbecuesauce
    barbecuesauce Posts: 1,771 Member
    Options
    Oh wow, I missed the hour a week thing when I answered.

OP, you're not likely to do anything to your body, for (much) good or for ill, with that.
  • rachmawatyyulia
    rachmawatyyulia Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Hi guys. Thanks for supportive comments. Since I walk uphill. So many people urge me for not doing that , and they often tell me that my things and calves could get bulkier (I'm an endomoprh woman) guess I shouldn't listen to their words. Since I'm getting a gallon of sweat after doing uphill walks.
  • atypicalsmith
    Options
    What is an "endomoprh woman"?
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,178 Member
    Options
    Hi guys. Thanks for supportive comments. Since I walk uphill. So many people urge me for not doing that , and they often tell me that my things and calves could get bulkier (I'm an endomoprh woman) guess I shouldn't listen to their words. Since I'm getting a gallon of sweat after doing uphill walks.

Keep it up!

You might even start doing it 5 days a week. :)

• star1407
    star1407 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    Any amount of walking is great for general fitness, anyone who tells you to stop is crazy! The amount you're doing though isn't enough to bulk your calves up, but it's a nice healthy way to walk off some calories
  • stevencloser
    stevencloser Posts: 8,911 Member
    Options
    You're not an endomorph woman, those *morphs don't exist.
  • atypicalsmith
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Just googled endomorph woman. My shoulders are definitely not larger than my hips, so I am not one of them.
  • BuckyArden33
    BuckyArden33 Posts: 146 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    those *morphs don't exist.

not sure if you are being a troll or being serious
  • atypicalsmith
    Options

not sure if you are being a troll or being serious

Not sure if OP is serious, either.
  • rachmawatyyulia
    Options

I guess endomorphs is like pear shaped body :D
  • jorinya
    jorinya Posts: 933 Member
    Options
    My advise do more. That's not enough to make a difference at all. Try walking for longer and adding more days. I walk almost every single day for almost an hour and a half, that's when I am back home where there are lots of hills. I walk to town which is over two miles away, walk through town, shop and most times walk back home if my shopping isn't much. Then after my dinner I walk downhill to the lake walk uphill to the cross, sit there looking over the lake, walk back downhill, back up hill and back home. Not bragging but just letting you know that if you want to lose weight you need to walk more than you are. Also remember its the calorie deficit that contributes to your weight loss more. So watch your calorie intake!!
  • rachmawatyyulia
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »

Keep it up!

Thank youuu :*
    But I think that would killing me.
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    From bodybuilding.com

There are three basic human body types: the endomorph, characterized by a preponderance of body fat; the mesomorph, marked by a well-developed musculature; and the ectomorph, distinguished by a lack of much fat or muscle tissue. It's all about the illusion these structures create. An ectomorph will naturally look skinner than he or she is, an endomorph will look heavier even when ripped, and a mesomorph will look well proportioned even with a little added weight. The goal: Make yourself look like a mesomorph even if you're not.

I learned something new today.. it was worth getting up really early this Saturday morning (USA eastern time)!
  • jorinya
    jorinya Posts: 933 Member
    Options
    What is an "endomoprh woman"?

Why did you rbet flagged for asking that question?
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »

Keep it up!

Thank youuu :*
    But I think that would killing me.

Just keep going, try to do it faster or try to go that little bit further. You will get fitter and fitter. Just don't give up :)