Dear Women of MFP

Options

Replies

• louiselebeau
    louiselebeau Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    I honestly think that the TOM threads Arise, not from Solely the weight gain/ loss,
    but from the emotional and hormonal driven moods,
    i know about 2-3 times a year i get serious rage issues, like i could divorce my whole life and gladly go on a killing spree based on the driving habits of others around me,
    or strangle the kindly old lady who asks me if im happy to be a grand mom seeing my 3 year old twins .

OR the sleeplessness based on the paranoid thoughts and things that come into my head .. poor impulse control, etc...

I think thats part of it ... but then what do i know.... im just a poor woman...

Thank you for concisely stating this exact thing so I don't have to.
  • AllTehBeers
    AllTehBeers Posts: 5,030 Member
    Options

funny-girls.jpg

Why is she wearing white pants then?
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    Hey guys! What's up? I heard there were a bunch of wome...

...whoa.

Uh, no.

No no no...

...NOOOOOOO!!!!!!

:slowly backs out of thread:

(These threads get me strikes.)
  • SisterhoodoftheShrinkingPants
    Options
    LMAO
  • SisterhoodoftheShrinkingPants
    Options
    Best. Thread. Ever..
  • QueenE_
    QueenE_ Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    Well this is insulting. I started having periods 47 years ago. Why do a need some little upstart to tell me about them? Do you think I haven't figured this out yet?

It's because the OP saw one too many threads dealing with Aunt Flow and instead of ignoring them chose to make a lame PSA. :flowerforyou:
  • _SABOTEUR_
    _SABOTEUR_ Posts: 6,833 Member
    Options
    Well this is insulting. I started having periods 47 years ago. Why do a need some little upstart to tell me about them? Do you think I haven't figured this out yet?

It's because the OP saw one too many threads dealing with Aunt Flow and instead of ignoring them chose to make a lame PSA. :flowerforyou:

I know the OP has a perfect, sexy *kitten* but how is that lame?
  • weevil66
    weevil66 Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    Will I get a thigh gap when the blob is done?
  • nickyfm
    nickyfm Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    OHHHHHH

I thought I was dying. Phew.
  • serendipity57
    serendipity57 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    ahh O K ????????????
  • 1ConcreteGirl
    1ConcreteGirl Posts: 3,677 Member
    Options

If the information is wanted (which it is, because so many people post these threads) then the PSA is not lame, whether or not it relates specifically to you. Of course, you can comment in the thread all you like, but that doesn't make your opinion less incorrect.
  • JoanB5
    JoanB5 Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    100-300 more daily calories needed per day. You're welcome.

http://www.livestrong.com/article/295115-calories-burned-while-on-your-period/
  • krazyforyou
    krazyforyou Posts: 1,428 Member
    Options
    But can we trust something that bleeds but doesn't die?

Yes, Its how you freaking got here
  • Cadori
    Cadori Posts: 4,810 Member
    Options
    But can we still have sexy time?
  • Otterluv
    Otterluv Posts: 9,083 Member
    Options

I know the OP has a perfect, sexy *kitten* but how is that lame?

McB speaks truth

KC9xXa6.gif
  • hilaryhill
    hilaryhill Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    That said, I havent had a regular period in 5 years. I have 3 children so Ive either been pregnant or breastfeeding so nooo TOM! Woohooo!!! :P
  • onyxgirl17
    onyxgirl17 Posts: 1,721 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the public service announcement... *have a poptart*
  • SutapaMukherji
    SutapaMukherji Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Very helpful post.

I have a question, the weight gain from TOM, the water weight that is; how long does it stay? Like a day or two? Or like a week?

I did not lose any weight even after 15 days of workout and diet, so I presumed I was doing something wrong and got pretty depressed about everything. Within the next 3 days it was TOM time. And only after a week or more (about 9 days), I am seeing I have reduced some more weight. Is it because of the workout or because of TOM going away for the month?
  • bethlaf
    bethlaf Posts: 954 Member
    Options
    I once read that you burn 600 calories donating blood. So does this mean I can count it in my calorie intake?
    Maybe put it under Exercise?
    "Zoe burned 647 calories doing Her Very Best Not To Punch People In The Face".
    no , i think the calorie burn would be wrong, that's not cardio, that is resistance/strength training.. you can tell because your muscles hurt from the strength it takes to clench them to resist punching people.
  • Morninglory81
    Morninglory81 Posts: 1,190 Member
    Options
    Very helpful post.

I have a question, the weight gain from TOM, the water weight that is; how long does it stay? Like a day or two? Or like a week?

I did not lose any weight even after 15 days of workout and diet, so I presumed I was doing something wrong and got pretty depressed about everything. Within the next 3 days it was TOM time. And only after a week or more (about 9 days), I am seeing I have reduced some more weight. Is it because of the workout or because of TOM going away for the month?
    It depends on your body. Track fluctuations for 2months and you should have your answer. For me I gain 7 days before and lose it 2 days after.