Did you change your goal weight once you got there?

Options
2»

Replies

• DanZiehm
    DanZiehm Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I just reached my goal weight this past Friday... I lost 110 pounds. I immediately revised my goal and added another 15 pounds to keep me motivated and give me something to strive for.
  • mistikal13
    mistikal13 Posts: 1,457 Member
    Options
    I did, but only by 2 lbs. My goal was 120 and I'm now at 118 (I'm 5'5'').
  • eseeton
    eseeton Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I'm 2lb away from my 135lb goal (@ 5'7"). I am happy, but now I'm going to focus on strength training as well as continuing to have a SLIGHT deficit because I still want to slim up a bit more. I'm going to continue to weigh myself, but I'm not going to be solely focused on the number on the scale - I'm going to focus on what I see in the mirror more.
  • TheVirgoddess
    TheVirgoddess Posts: 4,535 Member
    Options
    I'm four pounds away and I know I'll be continuing to lose - just don't know how much yet.
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options
    I'm about 10 lbs away and while I'm not 100% sure, I think I'll probably want to lose a bit more when I get there.
  • pumpkinpocalypse
    pumpkinpocalypse Posts: 104 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    I think we all do at some point! When we set a goal, it's just some numbers in the air, we don't know in advance how it will actually look on our bodies...I adjusted as I went, and still doing so (slowly, since I'm pretty close to my ''ideal''. I have a clear picture of what I want, I just don't know what's the actual weight for it! and wil only know when I get there). I started at 5'1, 128 pounds and fluctuating (had problems with binging at first), with a goal of 120. It took me a long *kitten* while and it ended up being deeefinitely not enough, so I set the bar lower, to 115. Still not quite it! Now my goal is 105-110, somewhere in between so I have some wiggle room. (I took a break from the scale in the past weeks so Im probably already at 110 lol, I do check myself out in the mirror every morning and I see slow improvement. All I want anymore is to get leaner with some more muscle definition, so I play around until I figure out what weight I actually feel good at.)
  • SuggaD
    SuggaD Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    Yes. First it was 150. Then 135. Then 130. Then 125. Now its between 118 and 120. :-)
  • runny111
    runny111 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Yes, at first (two years ago) it was a range 118-120. Then I gained a couple pounds over that and was really unhappy. So I dropped it to 112-115. I feel awesome at the low end of that, so I am dropping it again to 108-112. I am more focussed on muscle definition, so once I fix a couple of trouble areas I'm good, regardless of what the scale says. I am 22.5% bodyfat and ideally would like to get that into the teens.
  • cmoorofum
    cmoorofum Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Yes, I changed mine also. I started at 155 and set a goal of 135. I reached that and was not satisified so I kept going now I am at 129 so I think I am going to go to 125. I really just want to tone up and get some muscle but I do too much cardio and not enough weights so I will now focus more on weights.
  • Carolyne3r
    Carolyne3r Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    No... I think it's important to have a baseline. When I get to my goal, I'll likely want to keep descending... It's important to choose a healthy weight for your body-type. My goal is 125 and it's still a healthy BMI.
  • a_candler
    a_candler Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    Yep I started at 192 and first goal was to get back to 170 (pre-pregnancy weight) and when that happened so quickly I set it again for 160. Well even that happened fairly easy so settled at 150. I've been holding here for a couple months now and am ready to shave a couple more lbs off and then really start som strength training.
  • kdz526
    kdz526 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    When i started a few years ago, I had the goal of 135 put in, but mentally I was all...160 would be awesome...after losing 40some lbs and getting to 160, i stopped losing and was pleased. After 2 years bouncing around in the 160's, I have decided that its not enough and am back on track for hitting 135. When I get there and maintain that, I will go from there. I can't know what I will do till I achieve it. I do know that I want a body fat of around 25%, so once i hit weight, I will probably try to achieve that regardless of weight. I do some weights but probably not enough.
  • susiebabygirl
    susiebabygirl Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Yes, I've reached my original goal and I'm not 100% happy (although much happier) so I plan to lose a small bit more while staying within the healthy weight for my body type of course.
  • McCloud33
    McCloud33 Posts: 959 Member
    Options
    Yes. I started at 235 and roughly 30%bf. My goal was more BF related than weight and I wanted to get down to 10%bf, so doing the math my LBM at the start was about 166. Using that and 10%bf you get roughly 185lbs which also turns out to be an even 50lbs lost so that was my initial goal. What I didn't count on was LBM not only being muscle and organs, but also water weight etc...as I got closer to that 185lb goal I realized that I was much closer to 17-18%BF instead of the 10-12% I was hoping for. A year later and I'm down to 170lbs and about 13-14%bf so I still need to go another 5-10lbs down.
  • klbrowser
    klbrowser Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I hit my goal weight today, 150 pounds. I'm 5ft 6 and started at 182 pounds. Now that I'm here, I discover that my upper body looks smaller, but my hips and abdomen are pretty close to the size they were when I started, which is still too large for my frame. I have arthritis in most of my lower limbs that I am trying to not aggravate with excess weight, so I think I should try to lose some more, but I don't know how much more. The BMI chart says I could lose another 30 pounds and still be in the normal weight range, but that might be a bit ambitious for me. I guess when my hips and abdomen are measurably smaller I will say I'm done.
  • CSARdiver
    CSARdiver Posts: 6,252 Member
    Options
    cwolfman13 wrote: »
    No because I never had a specific weight in mind. Body weight is made up of many things, not just fat and I think people tend to forget that.

My goal was more BF% and composition related. Also, a lot of people who think they need to keep dropping Lbs don't...it often is simply a matter of body composition for which incessant dieting isn't going to fix.

This is where I am ending up. I will change my goal weight from 220 to 205, but I'm more concerned now with endurance performance. The good habits have become routine, so I'm converting more to maintenance mode - the weight loss is just an added bonus as it is easier to run without 20lbs of azz.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!