A helpful tip

Options
2»

Replies

• free1220
    free1220 Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    ....and major willpower not to eat unless you are actually hungry.That is what I'm fighting with now.I am losing,but slowly.
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Options
    Making a plan that fits my life, rather than trying to completely change my life to fit a plan.
  • estherlion
    estherlion Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Preparing everything! I set out my gym clothes the night before with all accessories (ear phones, water, shoes) and meal plan before grocery shopping. I prepare my lunch every day and try to pre log the night before to have a plan laid out. I take magnesium to help with chocolate cravings, and try to get to bed at a reasonable time.
  • ani_terzyan
    ani_terzyan Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    The two things that have been working for me have been weighing myself daily (first thing in the morning, after using the toilet) and tracking it on Happy Scale and also getting a fitness tracker. The combination of those two help motivate me to keep at it and serve as a reminder of my progress. I'm not too strict with my logging at all because that doesn't work for my personality type - instead I'm just more aware of how much I eat and more selective of my choices. When I feel like treating myself, I'll eat at my maintenance so I can enjoy myself without hindering my progress. Just try different methods and stick with what works for you! Some of my ways are a bit unconventional but this is the only thing that's actually worked for me (been trying to lose for the past 5 years!) :smile:
  • ASKyle
    ASKyle Posts: 1,475 Member
    Options
    Consistency and patience. Not overestimating exercise calories. Squats.
  • ani_terzyan
    ani_terzyan Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I also skip breakfast now! I used to get so frustrated that I never had enough calories for dinner but I was consuming half of my total calories at work (600) and wouldn't be able to eat like I wanted to at dinner. Now I skip breakfast, have a 200 calorie lunch (if I'm hungry, I'll have more) and eat like a king when I get home! :smile: I always thought you HAD to have breakfast to be healthy but in my case it just left me hungry and grumpy all the time.
  • matt88uk
    matt88uk Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Finally realising that there's some much bull out there and people trying to make a quick buck on a quick fix... That you don't have do live on so called (clean foods) and that all that matters to losing that ugly fat is a CALORIC deficit :) no stupid fat burners or fad diets.... 2 stone down in 11 weeks...to be continued
  • dayrae02
    dayrae02 Posts: 28 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    If you have an occasion to go out and have a nice meal and/or drinks, don't freak out and stress over it. Don't feel guilty. You are allowed to have it, just focus on adjusting the remainder of the day, or plan ahead so you do not go off track and feel like you failed. Enjoy it, savor it, LOG IT, and get right back at it.
  • amayitux
    amayitux Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    dayrae02 wrote: »
    If you have an occasion to go out and have a nice meal and/or drinks, don't freak out and stress over it. Don't feel guilty. You are allowed to have it, just focus on adjusting the remainder of the day, or plan ahead so you do not go off track and feel like you failed. Enjoy it, savor it, LOG IT, and get right back at it.

This!
    I *own* my cheat days (but I don't overindulge). Then I just look forward and continue. It will take me longer to get there, but I'll be able to enjoy the trip.

I invested in a withings scale, weight in everyday, it gets synced to MFP. This keeps me accountable to myself.
    I got a cheap chinese Xioami Mi band. It tracks my activity and sleep. I log everything I eat, overestimate intake calories, and don't eat back my exercise calories.

I come to the forums regularly and drool over other people's success stories.
  • mistikal13
    mistikal13 Posts: 1,457 Member
    Options
    Still eating everything that I want but learning to have a smaller portion to be satisfied.
  • skeo
    skeo Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    Lifting weights doesn't turn you into a body builder
    Muscles are difficult as hell to grow
    A food scale and logging is the key to losing fat/weight
    Foam rolling is life. LOL
  • usernameMAMA
    usernameMAMA Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    Make sure your goals are attainable AND maintainable. Lots of people don't do well cutting out an entire food group or constricting themselves too much. Make sure you pick a plan you can stick with forever.
  • getitamb
    getitamb Posts: 2,019 Member
    Options
    I
    jazmin220 wrote: »
    Just doing it even if I dont feel like it. I will be glad I did when all is said and done. Another thing is when I crave something unhealthy I stop and think, is this nutritious in any way? Is it going to fuel my body in any way?

The bolded statement above is EXTREMELY important. You don't have to be motivated 24/7 to do the right thing when it comes to this lifestyle change. Yeah, you may want to eat the whole pint of ice cream, but have just one serving regardless.

This

• getitamb
    getitamb Posts: 2,019 Member
    Options
    I've learned to look at the nutritional value for how it's feeding my body. I've also learned to do workouts that leave room to get harder. Workouts I won't be able to complete if I eat crappy all day.
  • DaneanP
    DaneanP Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    DirrtyH wrote: »
    Patience. Consistency. Patience.

This - and log everything.

Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!