Options
Pantera69
Pantera69 Posts: 177 Member
What's the one thing that's helped u most on ur fitness journey

Replies

• Mycophilia
    Mycophilia Posts: 1,225 Member
    Options
    Knowledge, spend some days researching the science of nutrition, biology, anatomy and physiology.
  • hosijoe
    hosijoe Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Mycophilia wrote: »
    Knowledge, spend some days researching the science of nutrition, biology, anatomy and physiology.

This
  • pepper1173
    pepper1173 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    What works for one person may not work for another.
  • JustSomeEm
    JustSomeEm Posts: 20,197 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Being honest with myself... i.e... logging it, even if I didn't want to admit it. LOL!
  • keana55
    keana55 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    logging
  • erinm5
    erinm5 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Logging accurately using a food scale and being honest with yourself. That and having fitness goals as well, so that if the scale isn't moving in the direction you want then you don't derail your progress because that's your only motivation.
  • ljones27uk
    ljones27uk Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    weighing everything, not guessing, not lying, not omitting it, not using cups for solid foods, but weighing everything and logging it. worked a treat...
  • gothchiq
    gothchiq Posts: 4,598 Member
    Options
    Lifting
  • PaperSt
    PaperSt Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    In addition to weighing and logging, I always try to underestimate calories burned with exercise, overestimate calories consumed.
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    MFP
  • amcook4
    amcook4 Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    Accurate logging and not buying into any quick fix.
  • rainbow198
    rainbow198 Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    For me it has been a mixture...writing down what I'm consuming to stay accountable, staying active daily, and learning about the science behind fat loss and the role of hormones etc.
  • JustinAnimal
    JustinAnimal Posts: 1,335 Member
    Options
    If you're on a bad streak, kick yourself in the butt and break that cycle. The first night back (under calorie goal, with exercise, not drinking, etc.) is the hardest. After that, you usually fall back into the rhythm of being a responsible person.
  • ljones27uk
    ljones27uk Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    thought of another one that made a areal difference to me.... I made a deal with myself that if i found myself watching mind numbing braindead TV programmes, but hadnt exercised that day, I had to go and do 30 minutes of exercise before I could return to the mind numbing tv. works well for me and seems to always get me off the sofa. I felt this way as I realised I had spent years in the same cycle... get up, go to work, come home, slob on couch, go to bed.
  • DirrtyH
    DirrtyH Posts: 664 Member
    Options
    Patience. Consistency. Patience.
  • Yes2HealthyAriel
    Yes2HealthyAriel Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    Just doing it even if I dont feel like it. I will be glad I did when all is said and done. Another thing is when I crave something unhealthy I stop and think, is this nutritious in any way? Is it going to fuel my body in any way?
  • Housegoat
    Housegoat Posts: 20 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Underestimating calories burned for exercise.. NOT GIVING UP!!!!
  • Altagracia220
    Altagracia220 Posts: 876 Member
    Options
    Just doing it even if I dont feel like it. I will be glad I did when all is said and done. Another thing is when I crave something unhealthy I stop and think, is this nutritious in any way? Is it going to fuel my body in any way?

The bolded statement above is EXTREMELY important. You don't have to be motivated 24/7 to do the right thing when it comes to this lifestyle change. Yeah, you may want to eat the whole pint of ice cream, but have just one serving regardless.
  • tekkiechikk
    tekkiechikk Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    Exercising and lifting weights on a regular basis and having it planned... if I try to make it up as I go, I'll most likely end up watching TV lol. Staying accountable and being dead honest about it, too. I'm not fooling anybody but myself if I try to fudge the facts.
  • tekkiechikk
    tekkiechikk Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    DirrtyH wrote: »
    Patience. Consistency. Patience.

Oh, yes, and patience. Lots of it.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!