Options
    by following the directions.

water. oats.
    heat.
    eat.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    I use unsweetened almond milk. I don't like them made with water.
  • mistikal13
    mistikal13 Posts: 1,457 Member
    Options
    I like the texture of bob red mill's scottish or irish oats. I cook them low and slow with whole milk, cinnamon, and vanilla extract. When it's done I sprinkle with some nuts, dried fruits and a splash of cream. It's a labor of love but so worth the time!
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    mistikal13 wrote: »
    I like the texture of bob red mill's scottish or irish oats. I cook them low and slow with whole milk, cinnamon, and vanilla extract. When it's done I sprinkle with some nuts, dried fruits and a splash of cream. It's a labor of love but so worth the time!

I admit I'm too lazy for that. I microwave mine, lol.
  • sonu0902
    sonu0902 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Thx for replys I always get the instant golden syrup one but it never keeps me filled up. Plus I'm not to keen on the taste it's jus that it's a healthier option but thx everyone
  • disasterman
    disasterman Posts: 746 Member
    Options
    topped with butter and brown sugar or almonds and raspberries
  • abetterluke
    abetterluke Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    I rarely eat oatmeal anymore because to make it enjoyable for me seems to mean adding a ton of calories. I've tried to ever-popular peanut butter banana mixed in but I'm not a fan. I really prefer it with brown sugar but I like to use a lot and without using a lot it's just not worth it for me.
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    I make mine with soya milk and xylitol
  • SuggaD
    SuggaD Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    cooked w/ unsweetened almond milk, topped with almonds, raisins, and/or fruit
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    I make steel cut oats with water in a rice cooker. I highly recommend this method.

Then I add berries or occasionally banana. I also often add vanilla protein powder.
  • jddnw
    jddnw Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    sonu0902 wrote: »
    Thx for replys I always get the instant golden syrup one but it never keeps me filled up. Plus I'm not to keen on the taste it's jus that it's a healthier option but thx everyone

I wouldn't be filled up on a packet of instant oatmeal is either. Make a big bowl of steel cut oats with whole milk, butter, and walnuts. It will fill you up.
  • Michael5482
    Michael5482 Posts: 26 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Make mine with water slowly cooked then add blueberries or strawberries
  • jennakearney
    jennakearney Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Do the instant sachets taste as nice made with water?
  • jennakearney
    jennakearney Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Also like a tiny bit of honey in mine
  • squishprincess
    squishprincess Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    i use old fashion oats & cook it in the microwave with water & a pinch of salt. then when it's the right consistency i add in cinnamon & frozen berries and maybe sugar or splenda. but i always add sugarfree maple syrup. mmm
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    60g organic rolled oats
    210ml of milk
    5g sugar
    55g evaporated milk

Microwave for 3.5mins
  • geneticsteacher
    geneticsteacher Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    Cook with water and cut-up peaches. Served with maple syrup and 1 cup of greek yogurt.
  • nickatine
    nickatine Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    Microwave, protein powder, peanut butter.
  • amoynoodle
    amoynoodle Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    40g oats, 1 scoop chocolate protein, 2 tbsps PB2 powder, water. Mix. Microwave. Then the key step, add 10g good grass fed real butter. OMG SO RICH AND YUMMY AND FILLING! :D sorry... i love this too much tbh.