If you enjoy white pizza, you'll love this.

Options
gonnamakeanewaccount
gonnamakeanewaccount Posts: 642 Member
Now, I always advocate ordering a pizza from a local place when you're in the mood for it. However, if you're like me and you don't have the money to just spend on a pizza, you should definitely try this. I promise you'll love it.

Spread a teaspoon of olive oil on a whole wheat tortilla and sprinkle with sea salt and crushed red pepper flakes. Toast it in the toaster oven for a few minutes to get it nice and crispy. Next, add a teaspoon of olive oil to a frying pan and add one clove of minced garlic and a half of a cup of frozen spinach. Let that cook for a couple of minutes and then add in a third of a cup of ricotta cheese. Spread the spinach-ricotta mixture on the tortilla and then sprinkle an ounce of part-skim mozzarella and a tablespoon of parmesan cheese on top. Toast in the toaster oven until cheeses are melted.

Delicious.

Replies

• cupcakes_and_cardio
    cupcakes_and_cardio Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Just the way you described it, it sounds delicious. Mmm!
  • norahwynn
    norahwynn Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    that sounds awesome! calories?
  • gonnamakeanewaccount
    Options
    350 calories
    24 carbs
    19 fat
    19 protein
    6 fiber

You could certainly cut some calories and fat by using part-skim ricotta, but I only had whole-milk on hand.
  • Sam87Lou
    Sam87Lou Posts: 1
    Options
    Yum! I'll definitely be trying this!
  • mgnmsn1
    mgnmsn1 Posts: 12
    Options
    bump
  • bloominheck
    bloominheck Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    White pizza is actually my favorite pizza. Sounds good! :flowerforyou:
  • leholcomb
    leholcomb Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    yum!!
  • frenchfacey
    frenchfacey Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    This is amazing! Thanks so much! to add on and fit my macros i may use a low carb or low cal wrap, can't wait!
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    That sounds really good. So glad you're creative like that. It sounds delicious to me right now.
  • ashleymm625
    Options
    i want thissssss
  • laurielie
    laurielie Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Bump..... Thx!
  • sunshineanstars
    Options
    Bump
  • gonnamakeanewaccount
    Options
    That sounds really good. So glad you're creative like that. It sounds delicious to me right now.

Awe, thanks! :bigsmile:

In my opinion, being creative with recipes is the key to being successful with eating healthily. If you eat the same foods all the time, you'll tend to get bored.
  • jat23
    jat23 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Gonna definitely try this!
  • crisbabe81
    crisbabe81 Posts: 170
    Options
    bump
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    Now, I always advocate ordering a pizza from a local place when you're in the mood for it. However, if you're like me and you don't have the money to just spend on a pizza, you should definitely try this. I promise you'll love it.

Spread a teaspoon of olive oil on a whole wheat tortilla and sprinkle with sea salt and crushed red pepper flakes. Toast it in the toaster oven for a few minutes to get it nice and crispy. Next, add a teaspoon of olive oil to a frying pan and add one clove of minced garlic and a half of a cup of frozen spinach. Let that cook for a couple of minutes and then add in a third of a cup of ricotta cheese. Spread the spinach-ricotta mixture on the tortilla and then sprinkle an ounce of part-skim mozzarella and a tablespoon of parmesan cheese on top. Toast in the toaster oven until cheeses are melted.

Delicious.

I like a good white pizza but somehow I don't think i'd love your recipe at all. It doesn't even really resemble a pizza
  • sissiluv
    sissiluv Posts: 2,205 Member
    Options
    Oooouuuuu bumping for later!
  • Melissa22G
    Melissa22G Posts: 847 Member
    Options
    Sounds pretty yummy to me!
  • GorillaNJ
    GorillaNJ Posts: 4,051 Member
    Options
    Sounds really good... I might try it but to be carb friendly swap out the torrilla for either some squash or eggplant sliced and baked.
  • harleygroomer
    harleygroomer Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    Walmart sells a FABULOUS flax and oat bran wrap AND round in the deli dept. They are made by Joseph's and so tasty and LOW LOW in carbs that I use them for everything