If you enjoy white pizza, you'll love this.

Options

Replies

• LeilaFace
    LeilaFace Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    Yes! Thank You!!! I have all the ingredients to make this!!!
  • Lift_hard_eat_big
    Lift_hard_eat_big Posts: 2,278 Member
    Options
    Now, I always advocate ordering a pizza from a local place when you're in the mood for it. However, if you're like me and you don't have the money to just spend on a pizza, you should definitely try this. I promise you'll love it.

Spread a teaspoon of olive oil on a whole wheat tortilla and sprinkle with sea salt and crushed red pepper flakes. Toast it in the toaster oven for a few minutes to get it nice and crispy. Next, add a teaspoon of olive oil to a frying pan and add one clove of minced garlic and a half of a cup of frozen spinach. Let that cook for a couple of minutes and then add in a third of a cup of ricotta cheese. Spread the spinach-ricotta mixture on the tortilla and then sprinkle an ounce of part-skim mozzarella and a tablespoon of parmesan cheese on top. Toast in the toaster oven until cheeses are melted.

Delicious.

I like a good white pizza but somehow I don't think i'd love your recipe at all. It doesn't even really resemble a pizza

I was thinking that same thing. A tortilla?!?
  • bpmartyr
    bpmartyr Posts: 141
    Options
    Even lower calorie version by exchanging the tortilla for a piece of cardboard.
  • xstarxdustx
    xstarxdustx Posts: 591 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing!
  • norahwynn
    norahwynn Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    Wow. iI's just amazing how some of you can turn on a person that's just trying to help and give different menu options. If it doesn't sound goo to you, why not just move on? I don't understand why there's so much negativity...especially when someone is just trying to be nice.
  • caterpillardreams
    caterpillardreams Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    yummy
  • PixieAdele
    PixieAdele Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Sounds yummy and versatile, will def try this!
  • WolowitzTimestwo
    WolowitzTimestwo Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Wow. iI's just amazing how some of you can turn on a person that's just trying to help and give different menu options. If it doesn't sound goo to you, why not just move on? I don't understand why there's so much negativity...especially when someone is just trying to be nice.

I dont think anyone was trying to "turn" on each other. Just voicing their preferences.
    Now as far as this "pizza" goes I have made a similar version but with red sauce not white.

I used a 6 in flour tortilla Like personal sized.,
    The key is toasting it beforehand. It gets crunchy like a very thin crust pizza.
    If you like that kind of stuff., this is a fun and maybe not "healthy pizza but it helps with portion control for me.
    If a whole delicious full blown white pizza is sitting in front of me.,,
    Bye bye pizza hello fatty fat.
  • WolowitzTimestwo
    WolowitzTimestwo Posts: 45 Member
    Options

I dont think anyone was trying to "turn" on each other. Just voicing their preferences.
    Now as far as this "pizza" goes I have made a similar version but with red sauce not white.

I used a 6 in flour tortilla Like personal sized.,
    The key is toasting it beforehand. It gets crunchy like a very thin crust pizza.
    If you like that kind of stuff., this is a fun and maybe not "healthy pizza but it helps with portion control for me.
    If a whole delicious full blown white pizza is sitting in front of me.,,
    Bye bye pizza hello fatty fat.
  • GorillaNJ
    GorillaNJ Posts: 4,051 Member
    Options
    Made these last night....

I used eggplant rounds instead of tortillas for me....I also added some diced tomato and broccoli to mine. Came out excellent, but next time I think I will try to pan fry the eggplant rounds first for a little more crispy.

For my boys I used the tortillas The one kid I gave some Peperoni and the other some crumbled chicken sausage... they both came out excellent, and I tried one piece the crisp tortilla was really tasty.
  • nicola1141
    nicola1141 Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    Yum, will definitely be trying this weekend.
  • blpope
    blpope Posts: 163
    Options
    bump
  • LaurenAOK
    LaurenAOK Posts: 2,475 Member
    Options
    I love white pizza!! And I make tortilla pizza all the time, just never thought to do a "white" version. Thanks!!
  • ElyseL1
    ElyseL1 Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    bump sounds super yummy
  • droppinlbslikeangels
    Options
    ah you don't know how happy this just made me.
  • moxiecowgirl
    moxiecowgirl Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    This is so going on my weekend menu! Thanks for the tip.
  • wanderlustlover
    wanderlustlover Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Totally bumping this to try it with a corn tortilla!
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Even lower calorie version by exchanging the tortilla for a piece of cardboard.

I was interested until I read tortilla ........ ugh! I am not desparate enough to call a tortilla or english muffin (or whatever crap) .... substitutes for crust these days ..... end of rant
  • ayyoitsnikki
    Options
  • sunshineanstars
    Options
    Bump