What's for dinner?

Options
MamaMc3
MamaMc3 Posts: 213 Member
I am planning my meals for the week, and I need some dinner ideas. Please let me steal some of yours. :) I have three kiddos and a hubby to feed, too, so family friendly is preferred. TIA!

Replies

• mistikal13
    mistikal13 Posts: 1,457 Member
    Options
    Hop on over to the dinner/supper threads and you will find lots of great ideas!
  • MamaMc3
    MamaMc3 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Thanks!
  • SconnieCat
    SconnieCat Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    Pinterest has been my friend... along with some google searches.

But for us, it's going to be (in no particular order):

-Chili
    -Chicken Fajitas
    -Strombolis
    -Steak
    -Meatzas
  • raven56706
    raven56706 Posts: 918 Member
    Options
    sashimi
  • acollis1
    acollis1 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    "Skinnytaste.com" my go to, keeps hubby happy and kids even eat most of it
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    Mon - Shallow fried cod w/baked potato and veg to be determined
    Tue - Salmon stir fry
    Wed - Grilled chicken w/roasted potato and veg to be determined
    Thu - Grilled salmon w/brown rice and veg to be determined
    Fri - Grilled steak w/baked potato and veg to be determined
    Sat - Grilled burgers w/sweet corn and honeydew cucumber salad
    Sun - Grilled pork chops w/home fries and veg to be determined
  • NewMeSM75
    NewMeSM75 Posts: 971 Member
    Options
    I have somewhat of a schedule at my house. I'm married with 4 children but one is my step son who comes some weekends. Anyways, here's my schedule.

Monday: pizza; I will make kiddos a pizza of their likings. I normally make homemade types instead of frozen but your choice. For myself, I will make a flat bread or pita bread pizza. I found pita bread has a chewy texture and hold together better. Just my opinion though. I top mine with chicken or chicken smoked sausage, veggies and cheese with sauce.

Tuesday is pork night. I make a pork tenderloin which is lean or pork chops. If I fry theirs, I bake mine but most of time I either bake or grill them. With this I balance with roasted veggies.

Wednesday is breakfast. I make them anything from muffins to biscuits to pancakes with sausage or bacon. I love love love a type of heauvos rancheros. I toast a corn tortilla in nonstick skillet sprayed with nonstick spray. Top with refried beans, an egg fried with nonstick spray, 2% cheese, salsa and light sour cream. Yum!

Thursday is chicken. Either baked, grilled, bbq or whole chicken. Sides of course vary. I found my kids like cauliflower mash. I boil chopped cauliflower. Drain and puree. Add 2 tbsp butter (unsalted) and 2 wedges of light laughing cow garlic and herb cheese. Salt and pepper to taste. Really good.

Friday is hamburgers or tacos (fajitas) - If I eat hamburger, I will eat it on the 100 calorie sandwich round. Fajitas aren't too high in calories, especially chicken.

Weekends I cook different things since I have more time.

Other ideas - stuffed bell peppers; spaghetti made with diced chicken, marinara, cheese to side; fish; turkey or chicken meatballs are yummy for spaghetti or a meatball sub.
  • JillianRN527
    JillianRN527 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    SkinnyTaste has great meal ideas! I just found out about the site and I love it.

I made sloppy joes the other day with fat free ground turkey and sliders. I did not feel deprived at all!

I made something in the beginning of every week to "snack" on or to use as an easy lunch. This week is salsa chicken (chicken, cream of chicken, salsa, taco seasoning). Last week was chili and the week before that was soup.

I make "Mexican" stuffed peppers. I cut them in half and stuffed them with ground chicken, taco seasonings, cilantro, a little cheese on top (sargento ultra thin slices), etc
  • manders_b
    manders_b Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Tonight we are making grilled pork skewers with pineapple and bell peppers. I just cut a pork tenderloin into cubes and skewer them with similarly sized pieces of fresh pineapple, onions and peppers; lightly salt/pepper and grill for about 15 minutes total. Sometimes I sprinkle a little cayenne on them before grilling for an extra kick.

So easy and yummy! It works really well with boneless chicken/turkey thighs too. And they're cheap, lol.