Did You KNow

Options
candykay0605
candykay0605 Posts: 1,019 Member
edited May 2015 in Chit-Chat
thought this might be fun...

just post an interesting, weird or fun fact..

Did you know that the longest eye brow hair is 3.7 inches long

Replies

• candykay0605
    Options
    anyone
  • mistikal13
    mistikal13 Posts: 1,457 Member
    Options
    Did you know that otters sleep holding hands.
  • chivalryder
    chivalryder Posts: 4,391 Member
    Options
    mistikal13 wrote: »
    Did you know that otters sleep holding hands.

I did know that.

Did you know it is believed that Shakespeare was 46 around the time that the King James Version of the Bible was written. In Psalms 46, the 46th word from the first word is shake and the 46th word from the last word is spear.
  • Gel_W91
    Gel_W91 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    did you all that all the bacteria in an average persons body weighs around 4lb!
  • Noelv1976
    Noelv1976 Posts: 18,948 Member
    Options
    Did you know that 'Stewardesses' is the longest word that is typed with only the left hand.
  • geraldaltman
    geraldaltman Posts: 1,739 Member
    Options
    Did you know?

The fastest recorded speed ever by humans in history was 36,315 feet per second, a little more than 24,760 mph, traveled by the crew of Apollo 10, re-entering earth's atmosphere returning from the moon on May 26, 1969.

I just saw this reading 'Forever Young', the autobiography John Young, one of America's most experienced (Gemini, Apollo, Shuttle) astronauts.
  • candykay0605
    Options
    Did you know these are great
  • RunTimer
    RunTimer Posts: 9,137 Member
    Options
    Did you know that if you stretch out your hands, the distance from your left & right fingertip (longest) is your height (toe to head)
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    Did you know, in Melbourne, Australia, it is illegal to wear pink hotpants after midday on a Sunday?
  • candykay0605
    Options
    Did you know, in Melbourne, Australia, it is illegal to wear pink hotpants after midday on a Sunday?
    Oh wow that one is awesome
  • Bucky83
    Bucky83 Posts: 1,194 Member
    Options
    Did you know... an octopus has 3 hearts?
  • InvaderGashloog
    InvaderGashloog Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    An interesting TMNT fact since I'm obsessed with ninja turtles: The voice actor who played Raphael in the original TMNT cartoon, now does the voice of Donatello in the 2012 version.

That's pretty cool to me.

Also, in the state of New Jersey it's illegal to teach a dog how to smoke a cigar but you can own an Ostrich without a permit.
  • candykay0605
    Options
    An interesting TMNT fact since I'm obsessed with ninja turtles: The voice actor who played Raphael in the original TMNT cartoon, now does the voice of Donatello in the 2012 version.

Also, in the state of New Jersey it's illegal to teach a dog how to smoke a cigar but you can own an Ostrich without a permit.

I fully appreciate a did you know on tmnt
  • candykay0605
    Options
    did you knooow im the most handsome man here

On this thread or the entire site ?
  • geraldaltman
    geraldaltman Posts: 1,739 Member
    Options

I have lived in NJ since 1978. I could never understand why in all that time I have never seen a dog smoking a cigar. Thanks for enlightening me. LOL LOL
  • suzreen
    suzreen Posts: 2,455 Member
    Options
    Vanilla beans come from orchids. They are a vine like orchid that can grow 300 feet tall.
  • candykay0605
    Options
    suzreen wrote: »
    Vanilla beans come from orchids. They are a vine like orchid that can grow 300 feet tall.
    That I did not know!!
  • TheBeerRunner
    TheBeerRunner Posts: 2,777 Member
    Options
    Your smartphone has vastly more computing power than NASA did in the 1960s... Crazy to think they put men on the moon and brought them home safely with computers that aren't even as powerful as a modern graphing calculator.
  • candykay0605
    Options
    Your smartphone has vastly more computing power than NASA did in the 1960s... Crazy to think they put men on the moon and brought them home safely with computers that aren't even as powerful as a modern graphing calculator.

I heard that on the radio!! Isn't that weird
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    Did you know, in 1967 the then Australian Prime Minister disappeared while swimming in the ocean and was never found. We named a swimming pool after him.