Options
13»

Replies

• angmilla1977
    angmilla1977 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    rabbitjb wrote: »
    It's not cheating

It's monitoring your calorie defecit across the week, and it's how I lost and maintain my weight

I'm not the same 'hungry' each day .. and some days I fancy going out to eat

Use the report on the app - weekly - it gives you how many calories you ate each day, average across the week and how many you have left to hit your defecit across the week and you can set it to a rolling 7 days

My one rule is not borrowing from the future though

Will I automatically get a notification for the weekly report or do I have to set it up myself? I've looked through the settings but can't seem to find the option?
  • angmilla1977
    angmilla1977 Posts: 16 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    KBmoments wrote: »
    What about reversing this? As in, you didn't 'save' up , but you did go out for dinner/drinks - can you then create that deficit the following 7 days? Let's say you went over by 1,000 calories, spreading that 1,000 over the next 7 days would be eating 142 calories less (or exercising to burn 142 more). Thoughts?
    This is close to what I was thinking to?
    Food and I have an open relationship...so I wouldn't call it cheating exactly (haha). I eat within reason each day and if an opportunity presents itself in which I want to indulge a little, I do.
    Love it
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,905 Member
    Options
    rabbitjb wrote: »
    It's not cheating

It's monitoring your calorie defecit across the week, and it's how I lost and maintain my weight

I'm not the same 'hungry' each day .. and some days I fancy going out to eat

Use the report on the app - weekly - it gives you how many calories you ate each day, average across the week and how many you have left to hit your defecit across the week and you can set it to a rolling 7 days

My one rule is not borrowing from the future though

Will I automatically get a notification for the weekly report or do I have to set it up myself? I've looked through the settings but can't seem to find the option?

If you're using MFP on a computer, I don't think there is a "weekly" setting. Or at least not that I've found. Apparently there is if you're using an app (??)

If there is a way to see a "weekly" setting using a computer, I'd love to be directed to it.

• Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    CoachJen71 wrote: »
    Nony_Mouse wrote: »
    If you're saving calories, or earning extra calories through exercise, so you can have extra sometimes it is not cheating. God I detest that word. Such negative connotations, like you're doing something 'naughty'.

I prefer "treat" to "cheat" for that very reason.
    I so agree with you both... the word 'cheat' makes me cringe.. it's an old diet term so it feels as if someone is being sneaky in some way and who are they cheating anyhow?

I also much prefer the word 'treat'.