calorie counting =weight loss???

Options
124»

Replies

• besaro
    besaro Posts: 1,858 Member
    Options
    Kruggeri wrote: »
    Goes on a website built around a calorie counting database.
    Asks if anyone is successful counting calories.

Be Right Back... I'm going to go to www.google.com and ask if anyone has had any luck with internet search terms.

lol.
  • ncfitbit
    ncfitbit Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    OP, my "story" is that I have lost weight just counting calories in the past, but I would quickly tire of eating too few calories to lose the weight and go back to eating whatever. In the past I figured the fewer the calories I ate the faster I would lose weight. Well, it's been eye-opening, and not to mention a lot more enjoyable, to find that I can eat a lot more than I thought I could and still maintain a deficit, but it is exercise that helps me do this. And I have realized in doing this that I don't want to just lose weight. I want to be fitter and be able to do more things I enjoy. Counting calories (but not eating very low calories) and doing exercise I enjoy has allowed me to achieve these goals. I still have 30 pounds to go, but for the first time in my life I feel like I can get there and have fun getting there. Good luck!
  • beemerphile1
    beemerphile1 Posts: 1,710 Member
    Options
    tiarajj08 wrote: »
    I'm confused byou mean by "just by calorie counting"?

I count calories to lose weight. Sure I'm more active now, but that has the nice positive of being able to eat more and still lose weight. I did lose some weight with just counting calories during my recovery from my last c-section, but as soon as I got the "ok" from my doctor I started working out again.

I was saying counting calories like how we do on mfp without any exercise. Portioning your meals and eating every 3 hours. Will that still help with weight lost with no exercise?

You do not have to exercise to lose weight.

How many hours between eating is meaningless. Only the number of calories matters.