I'm pretty good with nutrition.

Options
2»

Replies

• sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    otey743 wrote: »
    Impossible to lift heavy while cutting you have less carbs less fat in your diet there for you loss strength. Cutting is based on a high heart rate to lose those extra Lbs . That's why you step your cardio game up while cutting.

SMH.
  • lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 10,020 Member
    Options
    I don't agree with maximum because of kidney damage. 0.8 is what research shows from studies to be efficient to maintain muscle. When cutting I use more protein and less carbs . Resisting training is geared more to cutting and not bulking . So I say 1 gram per Lbs body weight .

I am one body weight, b/c I only have one body. So I should consume 1 gram of protein. Sweet. I can get one gram of protein from a smallish bunch of grapes.
    Now, is that 1 gram for my body for my entire life, or is there some shorter period of time for which I should be consuming that 1 gram for my body.
    Sorry I meant 1 gram of protein per lb of body weight .

OK, thanks. :)
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,692 Member
    Options
    Impossible to lift heavy while cutting you have less carbs less fat in your diet there for you loss strength.
    One can't lift "maximal" poundages, but training heavy (relative to current strength level) while cutting is doable. Lifting "light" weights doesn't help to retain lean muscle better on a cut.
    Cutting is based on a high heart rate to lose those extra Lbs . That's why you step your cardio game up while cutting.
    Lol, that's why you see pro and amateur bodybuilders running sprints right? NOT. They are just walking along on a treadmill to help burn extra calories. Cutting is based more on CALORIE DEFICIT. One is consuming much much less calories than the offseason. One could do all the cardio in the world, but if there calorie deficit isn't good enough, they'll come in "fat" for a competition.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

• Cryptonomnomicon
    Cryptonomnomicon Posts: 848 Member
    Options
    Yq1XaIB.jpg
  • cityruss
    cityruss Posts: 2,493 Member
    Options
    There's a distinct whiff of lambs being taken to slaughter here.
  • cityruss
    cityruss Posts: 2,493 Member
    Options
    Add yo boy if you would like to share nutrition tips .

How do you successfully make a triple decker Elvis sandwich (bread, peanut butter, bacon, banana, honey) whilst ensuring correct grillage of all three slices of bread and internal ingredients.

I have my 2 slice down, can't really go wrong grilling a 2 slice sandwich in a pan. But I struggle with the consistency of the centre bread slice compared to the outer two.

I was thinking pre grilling the centre slice, then making the triple decker up, then grilling the whole sandwich.

Also, nutritionally would you recommend smooth or crunchy in the above sandwich, or would you go all out and use an artisan niche nutbutter based on a banoffee pie or chocolate bourbon biscuit recipe?

Opinions?
  • Rayman79
    Rayman79 Posts: 2,009 Member
    Options
    Russ, clearly you would have to grill the centre piece. You need the contrast in texture and an appropriate moisture barrier... you're not a savage!

Nutritionally speaking, I would go with a crunchy natural peanut butter, but maple flavoured PB would also be acceptable... nutritionally speaking... ;)
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    Impossible to lift heavy while cutting you have less carbs less fat in your diet there for you loss strength. Cutting is based on a high heart rate to lose those extra Lbs . That's why you step your cardio game up while cutting.

wait - so cutting has to do with the weight your lifting not the calories you're eating?

I'm so confused now- however will I reach my goals!
  • feisty_bucket
    feisty_bucket Posts: 1,047 Member
    Options
    cityruss wrote: »
    How do you successfully make a triple decker Elvis sandwich (bread, peanut butter, bacon, banana, honey) whilst ensuring correct grillage of all three slices of bread and internal ingredients.

Yo, you gotta pulp that, son. You gotta put all your things there into a bowl and mush them up into a paste. Then you pour it into your pan like pancake batter and fry it up. 12% of the calories will be eliminated in the pulping process, and you gain space efficiency in the cooking process. BOOM.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,692 Member
    Options
    JoRocka wrote: »

wait - so cutting has to do with the weight your lifting not the calories you're eating?

Time for pink dumbells Jo. You know you want them.

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    ninerbuff wrote: »
    JoRocka wrote: »

Time for pink dumbells Jo. You know you want them.

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png

can I get those tiny pink kettlebells instead? I think those are so much cuter!!!
  • kristydi
    kristydi Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    cityruss wrote: »

I have my 2 slice down, can't really go wrong grilling a 2 slice sandwich in a pan. But I struggle with the consistency of the centre bread slice compared to the outer two.

I was thinking pre grilling the centre slice, then making the triple decker up, then grilling the whole sandwich.

Also, nutritionally would you recommend smooth or crunchy in the above sandwich, or would you go all out and use an artisan niche nutbutter based on a banoffee pie or chocolate bourbon biscuit recipe?

Opinions?

You build and grill it in 2 pieces. Build and grill one 2 slice sandwich as usual. Then build half a sandwich and grill the bread side of that. Then stack. If you get good you can add the half sandwich to the pan right after you've flipped the whole sandwich ensuring they are done at the same time and at optimal hot melty goodness for assembly.
  • avskk
    avskk Posts: 1,789 Member
    Options
    This thread is glorious.
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options
    avskk wrote: »
    This thread is glorious.

That sandwich is. I want one. Will it be too heavy and make me bulk.... Or raise my heart rate and help me cut?
  • LoneWolfRunner
    LoneWolfRunner Posts: 1,160 Member
    Options
    If running five days a week and lifting weights in my basement two or three times week makes me happy, can't I just eat whatever I want and not worry about science?
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options

Sorry, I don't speak bro.
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    wolves-eating.jpg
  • juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member
    Options
    I added this:

shrimp-po-boy-bourbon-street-wilmington-nc.jpg

Ooppss...my bad, that's a po' boy, not a yo boy.

Carry on.
  • mistikal13
    mistikal13 Posts: 1,457 Member
    Options
    :/