Premium review

Options
I would love to know your thoughts if you have upgraded to the new premium. Worth it? Pros and cons?

Replies

• kozinskey
    kozinskey Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Bump!
  • aggienes
    aggienes Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    ooh!! I want to know too. bump bump!
  • ems1224
    ems1224 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    bump
  • 125mgg
    125mgg Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Anyone??
  • teagirlmedium
    teagirlmedium Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    I would also like to know if the premium is worth the money.
  • 125mgg
    Options
    Thinking of trying for 9.99. Wonder if I like it if I can ur that towards the 49.99?
  • kozinskey
    kozinskey Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Premium has the same database, forums and app layout as the regular version. Whether you upgrade or not will depend on which features you think are worth it. For me, it makes my most useful app much more in-tune with my needs. For most people, I think the regular app will continue to do just fine.

Thank you! This is what I was looking for. I do wish I could set my macros by gram, but I can get close enough with percentages that it's not worth the $10/month for me (at least not right now). Hope this helps other people too!
  • Chief_Rocka
    Chief_Rocka Posts: 4,710 Member
    Options
    It told me how to spot reduce. Worth it.
  • Losing2Fast2Furious
    Losing2Fast2Furious Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I wish there was a one-time payment option for the standard version minus ads. I'd pay up to $20 for it.
  • anaconda469
    anaconda469 Posts: 3,460 Member
    Options
    Sadly the 9.99 option will wind up costing you 119.88 per year. I am disappointed in some aspects of MFP since Under Armour bought them out. As Under Armour has bought out Map My Fitness also too. MFP was great when I started 3 years ago, when UA bought them, then ads started to appear. UA's hook to get you to pay for their stuff.
  • 125mgg
    Options
    Thanks
  • JPW1990
    JPW1990 Posts: 2,424 Member
    Options
    Sadly the 9.99 option will wind up costing you 119.88 per year.
    Lol. I can't see many people paying for each month, one at a time, instead of purchasing a year. Most will either do a trial month and let it lapse, or go ahead and upgrade to the premium after the first month. Since I'm not going anywhere anytime soon, I went ahead and got the full year for the $49.99 straight off the bat.

Most will do a trial month, forget to unsubscribe, and keep getting charged for it until they notice. That's what all monthly charge programs count on, just like gyms.
  • suruda
    suruda Posts: 1,233 Member
    Options
    yup...true story!

The free site seems to be pretty buggy lately...lots of malware and viruses coming with MFP. I don't even think it's ads, it seems to be happening navigating between pages
  • audiojister
    audiojister Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I'd love to review it, but the MFP team seems to think they don't have users in parts of the world other than the United States and only accepts American credit cards in this modern era of global finances. So, no review.
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    Thx good info to have...it's not offered in Canada yet but I won't pay that to adjust my macros.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    JPW1990 wrote: »
    Sadly the 9.99 option will wind up costing you 119.88 per year.
    Lol. I can't see many people paying for each month, one at a time, instead of purchasing a year. Most will either do a trial month and let it lapse, or go ahead and upgrade to the premium after the first month. Since I'm not going anywhere anytime soon, I went ahead and got the full year for the $49.99 straight off the bat.

Most will do a trial month, forget to unsubscribe, and keep getting charged for it until they notice. That's what all monthly charge programs count on, just like gyms.

Yep.
  • segacs
    segacs Posts: 4,599 Member
    Options
    Also Canadian, but even if I could, I wouldn't pay for premium either. Not when there are plenty of other sites that are free that can do what MFP does, no problem.

The way I see it, the features probably aren't worth the upgrade now... but presumably, any new features that MFP launches will be limited to premium members only. With time, the free version will probably decline in quality and experience, until such time as people start moving elsewhere in big numbers. At that point, either MFP will be making enough money through premium subscriptions to not care about the lost ad revenue, or they won't and they'll throw a few crumbs at the free version to lure people back. Either way, it's probably bad news.
  • TimothyFish
    TimothyFish Posts: 4,925 Member
    Options

You must be special.
  • Merkavar
    Merkavar Posts: 3,082 Member
    Options
    So is this available in Australia?
  • kami3006
    kami3006 Posts: 4,978 Member
    Options

You must be special.

Oh, it teaches magic!