Miles Ran to Bugs Ingested (ratio)

Options

Replies

• SarcasmIsMyLoveLanguage
    SarcasmIsMyLoveLanguage Posts: 2,671 Member
    Options
    MissLaaber wrote: »
    MissLaaber wrote: »
    I stupidly run by the river every morning and every morning I am cursing myself because BUGS. I haven't swallowed any (yet) but getting them in your nose and eyeballs is enough for me, we also have the geese and ducks to contend with (who love to sit right in the middle of the trail....)

The geese by the river where I run are very territorial. They do not hesitate to snap. *kitten*...

Thankfully these Geese aren't at that point, the nests are closer to the river's edge but they sure do hiss at you. Buggers.
    I lamented about this the other day and didn't get an answer: I need someone to explain why there are called Canada Geese. Canadians are known for being friendly and polite. Geese are just a-holes and don't represent us Canucks AT ALL. Am confused.

• mwyvr
    mwyvr Posts: 1,883 Member
    Options
    LOL Canada Geese are imposters.

Sorry.

Sorry.

Sorry!
    Options
    mwyvr wrote: »
    LOL Canada Geese are imposters.

Sorry.

Sorry.

Sorry!
    :lol:

• mwyvr
    Options
    Inspired by the Gnat entry... I have added No-see-ums / Midgies / Sandflies to the food database. For many of us, 'tis the season to ingest them!

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/food/update_nutrition_facts/195994609?date=2015-05-13&show_controls=true
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    Canada Geese are authentic. They fly south for the winter.
    Options
    jgnatca wrote: »
    Canada Geese are authentic. They fly south for the winter.
    I just spit out my Timmie's :lol:

• girlviernes
    girlviernes Posts: 2,402 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Inspired by the Gnat entry... I have added No-see-ums / Midgies / Sandflies to the food database. For many of us, 'tis the season to ingest them!

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/food/update_nutrition_facts/195994609?date=2015-05-13&show_controls=true

hahaha

log EVERYTHING!

Now we have another question to ask folks who aren't losing... did you log the bugs you inadvertently consume?

Or advertently for that matter.
  • mwyvr
    Options
    Yup, log everything. With this sandfly entry in hand, I'm sticking to my no-excuses motto!
  • DesertGunR
    DesertGunR Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    I don't run, just can't. I bike and live in a semi-rural area. Even on my shortest rides of 3 miles I get at least a few bugs swallowed. Mostly due to cranking up 10+% grade hills in my area. By the time I'm at the top the in through the nose out the mouth breathing routine is out the window. I will have to start logging that protein now that I know it is in the database. LMAO!

The really fun part is dodging the bag worms hanging on their silk thread and traffic at the same time. Sort of like running a high stakes slalom race. LoL!

JTick wrote: »

B)

Nope, I had a tank top on, but leaning over the handlebars just left too much open to the outside world. Either I need a higher tank top or smaller boobs.

As a lifetime friend of those blessed naturally by a lesser endowment. I vote for a lower tank top and/or smaller boobs.

As everyone turns away from the perv in the room. :blush:
  • ephiemarie
    ephiemarie Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    Today's stats:

Miles ran: 5
    Bugs ingested: 4.5 (coughed out a big one, but I'm fairly certain I ate his wings. He put up a hell of a fight.)

It's far worse on the bike. I lose count of those snacks. However, I inevitably get nailed by at least one bee every couple weeks. That's a good time.

• mwyvr
    Options
    I logged 3 No-see-ums / sandflies on my 14km jaunt along the lake today. Three whole calories!
  • _incogNEATo_
    _incogNEATo_ Posts: 4,543 Member
    Options
    I was lucky this morning. 5 miles at 5:00a but it was brisk enough that there were not swarms of bugs. Count today as a win!
  • glevinso
    glevinso Posts: 1,895 Member
    Options
    I was picking gnats out of my teeth after yesterday's ride...
  • mitch16
    mitch16 Posts: 2,113 Member
    Options
    D*mmit. 5 mile run today and 3 bugs eaten. Yuck.
  • mwyvr
    Options
    It's clear this thread is going to continue on a looong time. It will only get grosser from here.

Contest: Largest bug swallowed, starts today. File your entries, the winner gets eternal glory.
  • _incogNEATo_
    _incogNEATo_ Posts: 4,543 Member
    Options
    It's clear this thread is going to continue on a looong time. It will only get grosser from here.

Contest: Largest bug swallowed, starts today. File your entries, the winner gets eternal glory.

When's does the contest end?
  • brightsideofpink
    brightsideofpink Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    Damn it. Why wasn't this information included in the "So you want to start running" stickie? I spent all winter running on a treadmill and my first run outdoors surprised me with bug filled treats. As a mouth breather, I see no way around this either.
  • DesertGunR
    DesertGunR Posts: 187 Member
    Options

When's does the contest end?

When someone swallows a bat accidentally on a run or ride, I'm guessing. LMAO!!!
  • lilithsrose
    lilithsrose Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    I honestly haven't worked up to running yet... But this thread thoroughly amused me.
  • Sweetiepiestef
    Sweetiepiestef Posts: 344 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Yeahhh I am pretty sure they need to add bugs to the "add food" button because I have swallowed some while riding my bike. Those little annoying gnats get in my hair and eye lashes too. I try not to talk while on the bike but my kids like to ride with me which is an added 100 lbs combined to my work out but how many calories should I add for them do you think?

Edit: Oops didn't read half the posts someone already suggested this. I am slow sorry!