How many grocery bags do you carry in at one time?

Options

Replies

• DirrtyH
    DirrtyH Posts: 664 Member
    Options
    My wife is responsible for opening the front door so that I can get to the kitchen without interruption

Is that what wives are for? I gotta get me one.
  • Katiebear_81
    Katiebear_81 Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    The beauty of having children is making them carry the groceries. They're 5 and 7, so we're working on them carrying 2 bags each.
  • _incogNEATo_
    _incogNEATo_ Posts: 4,537 Member
    Options
    Not a very flattering picture but this was a few years ago:

ogfai29yvxuz.jpg
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    Depends. 6-8 bags probably.
  • Josalinn
    Josalinn Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    I use reusable bags and they go over my shoulder. So all of them =P

I also love the picture of the old couple. SUPER SWEET!!!!
  • Katiebear_81
    Katiebear_81 Posts: 719 Member
    Options

ogfai29yvxuz.jpg

10/10 for also carrying a human being and an unweildly diaper bag. That one is the hardest - I'd do the single grocery run, then come back for the kid. Especially when there was two.
  • Alisontheice
    Alisontheice Posts: 9,624 Member
    Options

ogfai29yvxuz.jpg

But did you carry all that uphill, in a blizzard?
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    The beauty of having children is making them carry the groceries. They're 5 and 7, so we're working on them carrying 2 bags each.
    Pff, my older sister gets so mad at us whenever we ask her kids to bring down some of the bags. It's part of the reason I don't offer to watch them more.

I'll take em all down at once, but it's never a whole lot. I only shop for myself and stick everything except for raw meat and ice cream into reusuable totes, like these:
    5a8ac0778ae054eb8ae3fb77e74fbdf0.jpg
    It's less of a mess than plastic bags.

• Josalinn
    Josalinn Posts: 1,066 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options

I'll take em all down at once, but it's never a whole lot. I only shop for myself and stick everything except for raw meat and ice cream into reusuable totes,

I hear ya! raw meat in a plastic bag; then reused for dirty kitty litter.
  • Lexieberry
    Lexieberry Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    I shop at aldis where I always forget my bags, so I carry one of their shipment boxes lol
  • gothchiq
    gothchiq Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    like 6. husband can get the rest.
  • Monkey_Business
    Monkey_Business Posts: 1,800 Member
    Options
    as a freind total me today, the proper measurement for this is 'a metric *kitten* ton' load
  • CarolinaAcorn
    CarolinaAcorn Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    All of them, especially in the summer when it's hot enough to make the devil sigh.
  • ilfaith
    ilfaith Posts: 16,769 Member
    Options
    It depends. If I remember my reusable bags, I can usually carry all of them at once. If I have to use Whole Foods' crappy paper bags I can only take one or two at a time because if I lift them by their handles, they will tear straight off leaving me cleaning broken (overpriced, organic) eggs off my driveway (can you tell this has happened to me?). When I go to Publix I get a ton of plastic bags. I swear they like to put each individual item in its own sack. At least I use them to line wastebaskets. I do tend to stock up on a lot of groceries at once, since it's a schlep from my house to the supermarket, and I have there growing boys. I would need to sprout another arm to get all the plastic bags from the car to the house at once.
  • _incogNEATo_
    _incogNEATo_ Posts: 4,537 Member
    Options
    I'm reading a lot about bringing your own bag. Do all of the groceries fit into one big bag, or do you just not purchase that many groceries?
  • Carpedieznutz
    Carpedieznutz Posts: 1,166 Member
    Options
    otcx6kaocv22.png

@_incogNEATo_ most reusable bags are comparable to the size of a paper bag so you can expect to fit as many groceries in one of those that you would a paper bag or large plastic bag. People that usually purchase these buy more than one bag.
  • JenAndSome
    JenAndSome Posts: 1,893 Member
    Options
    I'm reading a lot about bringing your own bag. Do all of the groceries fit into one big bag, or do you just not purchase that many groceries?

I work in a grocery store. Some people bring one bag and buy six bags worth of groceries which is just silly. Some people bring a crap ton of the reusable bags and buy a crap ton of groceries. Those are fun orders. When I shop I typically could fill one or two reusable bags. If it's just a couple items I will just throw stuff in my purse and forego the bags altogether. You really can fit a lot in the reusable bags, though. They are very handy and environmentally friendly. :)