Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Men...what physique do you find attractive on a woman???

Replies

• vadersaysno
    vadersaysno Posts: 1,965 Member
    I tend to notice my wife's weight loss. I know she wants to lose weight so I try to reinforce it in a positive way. She knows I'll be completely honest with her too- even to how her clothes are fitting. I told her the other day that one of her tops looked like she was now wearing a potato sack. At first she looked kind of in shock that I'd make a comment like that, then she looked in the mirror. The top got thrown out. She didn't realize until then how much smaller she had gotten.
  • malavika413
    malavika413 Posts: 474 Member
    edited May 2015
    yopeeps025 wrote: »
    I'm just gonna leave this here...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dlZsGpWJmos

There is so much that is different in the video. For example, to say that men cannot recall when they saw beauty I feel is completely wrong. I am sure I can text a friend a say

"Yo you remember that one girl five years ago?"
    him= "the one with the big *kitten*?" Yeah I remember"

But main point of the video was when he talked about It doesn't matter. 100% true unless you with a guy that is tempted to stray.

Yeah, I didn't believe the thing about men not remembering women. That's bull. But I highly doubt it doesn't matter.

So here's the thing that I constantly remind women, as someone who used to be very insecure myself.

HE'S WITH YOU.

The girl he oggled a bit at the mall; did he climb in the car and take her home with him? No, he took you.
    The girl he checked out on the beach because her bikini top was a little bit too small for her boobs; did he run up and grab 'em? No (but he'll probably grab yours later if you play your cards right)

To an extent, it's human nature. And if it's something your SO does that bugs you, have a discussion with them about it. My present SO (because i'm bisexual) used to point out other women he found attractive almost in this, 'so like, wanna have a potential three-way' type context and that super offended me, so like an adult, we talked about it and he doesn't do it anymore. I'm just not naive enough to think that means that he isn't still noticing those women (or dreaming of three-ways; I'm just happy I'm still involved with that fantasy in a sense lol).

Unless your SO is turning around and saying, "I wish your *kitten* looked like hers," I think you're probably okay.

Forgive me if I'm asking too many questions, I'm just inexperienced here.

But isn't it sometimes due to laziness? Like, a man would prefer being with someone else but knows they'd either strike out or it's too much effort to pursue another? So they end up settling for someone less-than-ideal--the girl they already have?

If you're ever with someone who makes you feel like they're settling for you, that's a red flag that isn't the relationship for you. But you need to balance that with the idea of, are you just honestly over thinking things?

In my experience, when it comes to the dating world, if a man (or woman for that matter) doesn't want to be in a relationship, they just leave (sometimes gradually, sometimes all at once). It's a bit different when you get to the more complicated stage where say, you've lived together for a few years.

Without knowing your back story, it sounds like you're projecting your own insecurities about yourself onto your relationship. Know that at any weight or other qualifier, you are worthy of love, respect and the level of commitment you're looking for.

I could be projecting, yeah. I just don't want to be naive and believe in unconditional love and all that stuff. And I'm not really commenting on my relationship, I'm just trying to get an idea about the general male population.

No worries! Just trying to give you an honest answer. :smile:

I will argue though that there isn't a single train of thought among even the majority of the male population. In the same way that I constantly argue that every woman thinks differently and has different preferences, men completely do too.

I try not to hold what someone of one gender does against their entire gender. It's just not indicative of how everyone's going to act.

That makes sense. I still don't know what my goal weight should be, haha. I guess I'll just keep losing weight and see what looks good to me.

I fixed your comment.

That's sort of what I meant, but I'd also take into account the opinions of people I care about.

I understand where you're coming from to an extent. My SO has always liked "healthy" women, which really seems to mean in his definition women who are 10-20 lbs overweight. So, we have had several chats though out my journey where I was just kinda checkin' in to see how he felt, and make sure he still had that level of attraction. Since we've had so many discussions, I know that he actually would feel comfortable telling me if I hit a point where I've lost enough that it is hurting that attraction. And at that point, it'd be a judgement call for me; if I'm at a healthy weight (which really I'm less than 5lbs off of) and I felt confident with the body I have, then I'd probably switch into maintenance for at least a while to evaluate.

As much as it's my body, his opinion and such matters to me, so I get where you're coming from and encourage you to create that open dialogue!

Yeah, my SO claims he likes "curvier" women and that he hasn't noticed my 10 pound fluctuations. I don't know if I believe the latter, and since he's only ever dated me I guess the former is just so he won't hurt my feelings.

Honestly, he probably hasn't noticed. I lost like 25lbs before my boyfriend clued in that anything was going on. We live together; he sees me naked on a nearly daily if not daily basis. I was baffled; then my dad didn't notice, and neither did my brothers, and my male best friend who hadn't seen me in two years didn't even comment but EVERY SINGLE ONE of my female friends did.

Yeah, that's definitely true. When I lost a little weight the only people that noticed were my parents, and they also noticed when I gained it back. Boyfriend didn't know either way. He said the only way he knew I had lost weight was because I was happier.
  • vadersaysno

Yeah, that's definitely true. When I lost a little weight the only people that noticed were my parents, and they also noticed when I gained it back. Boyfriend didn't know either way. He said the only way he knew I had lost weight was because I was happier.

We notice if it's gained in the boobs or butt. j/k
  • vadersaysno
    BFDeal wrote: »
    I find important questions like this best answered by a panel of judges assigning numerical grades in various categories before declaring the winner to be whoever won the swimsuit competition (seriously, who cares if you can twirl a baton or answer questions about world peace, amirite????).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lj3iNxZ8Dww
  • baby_firefly_666
    baby_firefly_666 Posts: 192 Member
    Who cares what men think, who cares what anybody thinks. As long as you think you look good and are confident in your own skin that's all that matters :sunglasses:
  • marinemplunkett69
    marinemplunkett69 Posts: 184 Member
    Who cares what men think, who cares what anybody thinks. As long as you think you look good and are confident in your own skin that's all that matters :sunglasses:

• marinemplunkett69
    marinemplunkett69 Posts: 184 Member
    This app... Anyway, I agree with ^^^^that one
  • vadersaysno

Looking good and not thinking- yep perfect woman. haha
  • Dave55412
    Dave55412 Posts: 88 Member
    1fwy33co2e3k.jpg
  • 365andstillalive
    365andstillalive Posts: 663 Member
    Dave55412 wrote: »
    1fwy33co2e3k.jpg

I know, I'm really surprised this hasn't turned into the picture comparison game.
  • vadersaysno

I know, I'm really surprised this hasn't turned into the picture comparison game.

I think it should. Ladies? HAHA
  • marcelo_templario
    marcelo_templario Posts: 653 Member
    I like young thick blonde girls as I like brown hard abs woman, older, younger, black, white....one dont choose where to be born or how tall to grow, why narrow your preferences deliberately? I don't care. I am me.
  • Winterlover123
    Winterlover123 Posts: 352 Member
    edited May 2015
    Most guys I've talked to say it does not overly matter, as long as they're decent looking and not a b*tch lol
    Edit: Different men like different things, so average to some might be the most beautiful to another. Personality I think is really where it's at
  • vadersaysno
    Would "naked ones" be a right answer?
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    I like young thick blonde girls as I like brown hard abs woman, older, younger, black, white....one dont choose where to be born or how tall to grow, why narrow your preferences deliberately? I don't care. I am me.

I used to have a height complex being a short guy. All of that was erased when I was attracted to someone who if we stand and look at each other I am staring at her sternum. I actually had to look at my friend to get an idea as to how was she attracted to someone so much shorter than her. Now height does not matter anymore.

I am 67 inches tall so she had to be well over six feet. It was weird at first.
  • NewMeSM75
    NewMeSM75 Posts: 971 Member
    My husband prefers me to not lose to much to be really thin. It's his preference and what matter most to me. I have guys friends. I've heard them say some "average" looking women are attractive because of how their carry themselves with confidence. And I've heard them say that they weren't attracted to some gorgeous women due to her being a bi@#h or vain.. I agree with others. Everyone is different. I think your husband's opinion is the only one that should count if you are needing one.
  • madmags
    madmags Posts: 1,340 Member
    curves
  • marcelo_templario

I used to have a height complex being a short guy. All of that was erased when I was attracted to someone who if we stand and look at each other I am staring at her sternum. I actually had to look at my friend to get an idea as to how was she attracted to someone so much shorter than her. Now height does not matter anymore.

Brave you man, one of these last weeks I was about to take the bus and saw the hottest tallest chick ever, I sit next to her because I had to talk too her...I am short guy too, 1.70.

I stopped caring about size since long time ago, I don't even care is the gal is a bit taller, welcome the slender tall girls.

I wrote something about that in one of my entries in tumblr.com.

• marcelo_templario

She’s a bit taller? So what? Wrapp'er with your strong arms, slouch your hand around her tight hot hips, disipate that stupid *kitten* tradition, dress her with your personality, bright her eyes with your self confidence attitute, you can reach her anywhere in bed, be free of stereotypes, admire her height, praise her, adore her, warm her…kill her with details and tenderness, 2 billion woman in this world and you’re so *kitten* brave that you chose a taller gal. Heck…you are the man…

http://fabx16.tumblr.com/
  • vadersaysno
    Fat girls are better in bed!!

anndddd....go!!