Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

How Much People Overeat

1235»

Replies

• TimothyFish
    TimothyFish Posts: 4,925 Member
    SezxyStef wrote: »
    Most people gain 1 to 2lbs per year. That means that, on average, people overeat by only 10 to 20 calories per day. For those of you who like to weigh stuff, that is between 1.7 and 3.4 grams of peanut butter per day.

actually
    Adults tend to gain weight progressively through middle age. Although the average weight gain is 0.5 to 1 kg per year, this modest accumulation of weight can lead to obesity over time.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23638485

and over 30 years that is 30-60lbs...so we are actually saving ourselves...we are being preventative instead of reactive.

and this stat only applies to those who aren't logging accurately with a food scale...cause those of us who use a food scale won't be gaining that weight...but you will.

Mind-Blown-Kramer.gif

Sure...whatever. I've lost more than 50lbs without using a scale, there's no reason to think I need one to maintain my weight. Maintenance is more about having an effective regulator than it is about knowing how many calories you're eating.

I'm curious, how close are you to maintenance and what is your plan?

I agree, a scale isn't necessary for weight loss or maintenance, but it makes things easier.

I'm within ten pounds of being my ideal weight. My plan is to gradually increase my intake until I find the sweet spot where I'm not losing weight anymore. I plan to eat at about that every day. I plan to exercise regularly and eat to replace what I burn. Once a week, I'll step on the scales and if my weight is above my ideal range, I'll cut my consumption for a week or two to bring it back down and I'll adjust my regular eating accordingly.
  • ahoy_m8
    ahoy_m8 Posts: 3,053 Member
    LAWoman72 wrote: »

katem999 wrote: »
    minties82 wrote: »
    I don't know what they put in peanut butter in America?! You guys seem obsessed with it.

I know! Im so glad I don't live in the us, I'd probably be dead by now. But on the bright side, looks like I won't be putting on a pound or two each year.

Peanut butter is crack.

Tasty, nutty, crunchy (I like mine crunchy) crack.

Mmmm.

There's a chocolate shop called "Dude Sweet" in my town that sells a bark style chocolate with nuts called "crack in a box"
    Seriously good.
  • Nony_Mouse
    Nony_Mouse Posts: 5,646 Member
    minkky wrote: »
    Peanut butter? Can chocolate please get involved here somewhere?

183537-82d82e08a6514261b051df2f4abe767a.png?size=500
  • maidentl
    maidentl Posts: 3,203 Member
    ahoy_m8 wrote: »

I don't know what they put in peanut butter in America?! You guys seem obsessed with it.

I know! Im so glad I don't live in the us, I'd probably be dead by now. But on the bright side, looks like I won't be putting on a pound or two each year.

Peanut butter is crack.

Mmmm.

There's a chocolate shop called "Dude Sweet" in my town that sells a bark style chocolate with nuts called "crack in a box"
    Seriously good.

You in Dallas? Or is there another Dude Sweet in the world?

• ahoy_m8
    ahoy_m8 Posts: 3,053 Member
    maidentl wrote: »
    ahoy_m8 wrote: »

Peanut butter is crack.

Mmmm.

Seriously good.

You in Dallas? Or is there another Dude Sweet in the world?

Lol...yes, Dallas
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,865 Member
    Sooooo....you're saying that it's probably best to be exacting as possible and weigh everything to the gram right?
  • BekaBooluvsu
    BekaBooluvsu Posts: 470 Member
    I love this thread! :D:D so funny!
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    I'm good then... peanut butter is just plain nasty. :sick:
  • TimothyFish
    cwolfman13 wrote: »
    Sooooo....you're saying that it's probably best to be exacting as possible and weigh everything to the gram right?

At this point, I'm not sure who you're talking to. I'm sure that someone is saying that, but not me. That 5 to 10 calories per day also translates into a difference of about one minute riding a bicycle. Imagine the horror if you measured all of your calories eaten correctly, but you cut your exercise short by one minute every day for a year.
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Most people gain 1 to 2lbs per year. That means that, on average, people overeat by only 10 to 20 calories per day. For those of you who like to weigh stuff, that is between 1.7 and 3.4 grams of peanut butter per day.

actually
    Adults tend to gain weight progressively through middle age. Although the average weight gain is 0.5 to 1 kg per year, this modest accumulation of weight can lead to obesity over time.

and over 30 years that is 30-60lbs...so we are actually saving ourselves...we are being preventative instead of reactive.

and this stat only applies to those who aren't logging accurately with a food scale...cause those of us who use a food scale won't be gaining that weight...but you will.

Mind-Blown-Kramer.gif

Sure...whatever. I've lost more than 50lbs without using a scale, there's no reason to think I need one to maintain my weight. Maintenance is more about having an effective regulator than it is about knowing how many calories you're eating.

That is the same phrase my 20 yo son uses when he knows I am correct...

• kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Oh noes! I just bought a kilo of peanut butter! That means that I'll weigh 100000 kilos next year, right?
  • TimothyFish

actually

Mind-Blown-Kramer.gif

That is the same phrase my 20 yo son uses when he knows I am correct...

You go right ahead and keep thinking that, and perhaps that is what your son means. But other people think it means, "You aren't listening, so I'm giving up on persuading you."