So, where exactly does the fat go?

Options
GeekDadCS
GeekDadCS Posts: 153 Member
According to a British study last year, we pee, crap, sweat, bleed, cry, breathe, spit, and (ahem) sex it out.

http://www.iflscience.com/health-and-medicine/where-does-your-fat-go-when-you-lose-weight

Replies

• angeltilo
    angeltilo Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I agree @flyingtanuki, every time I am chubby, my brother is skinny and vice versa. We just switch off weight.
  • Lrdoflamancha
    Lrdoflamancha Posts: 1,280 Member
    Options
    No wonder my girllfriend and I cant lose weight together... Damn
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    No wonder my girllfriend and I cant lose weight together... Damn

Further Empirical evidence in support of my theorem!

Love this... I do believe!!!
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    I read on MFP that it was the white stuff floating in the toilet after you pee and it looks like chicken fat.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    Can I choose who my fat goes to? Coz that would be nifty.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    OdesAngel wrote: »
    I read on MFP that it was the white stuff floating in the toilet after you pee and it looks like chicken fat.

.... If there was white chicken fat type stuff floating in the toilet after I peed, I'd be very darn concerned...
  • nickycat73
    nickycat73 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Your body uses it up in the form of energy??? Sounds right
  • GeekDadCS
    GeekDadCS Posts: 153 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    nickycat73 wrote: »

WARNING: CHEMISTRY LESSON

Kind of, but not exactly. The Law of Conversion of Mass dictates mass is neither created nor destroyed during a chemical reaction. In laymen's terms, that means nothing in the universe ever disappears; it simply changes into something else. For example, ice melts into water which evaporates and turns to air, gasoline burns in your car and is released into the atmosphere through in the form of carbon (which is where the whole Global Warming thing comes in since it means we're adding additional carbon dioxide into the atmosphere faster than nature can convert it into oxygen through photosynthesis). When your body metabolizes fat, the chemical bonds breakdown and all that's left is carbon, hydrogen, and oxygen molecules. They then hookup to form two other chemicals: carbon dioxide (CO2, which you release when you exhale) and water (H2O, which your body either gets rid of or uses). You are using fat for energy, but that process only means your body has changed it into something else.
  • Sharon_C
    Sharon_C Posts: 2,132 Member
    Options
    Can I choose who my fat goes to? Coz that would be nifty.

I have a few people in mind already. Hmmmm *as she rubs her chin in thought*
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    Breath it out as Carbon Dioxide, and water out in all the ways you may lose water.
    About 84% to 16% ratio of those 2.
  • dufus12
    dufus12 Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    Untrue!

According to The World Fat Theorem, of which I am the creator and sole adherent, the total fat in the world is conserved. In other words, fat is not created nor destroyed, rather it is simply moved around from person to person. So, when you lose a pound, another person gains it and vice-versa. This is also why so many people report yo-yo dieting.

Totally true. I swear. o:)

Definately!! Every lb being lost by my pals hide in my closet at night and attach themselves to me thighs and belly when I am sleeping......Sooooooo true....!
  • kjm3579
    kjm3579 Posts: 3,975 Member
    Options
    So, if I go visit an anorexic treatment facility, can I give them about 40 lbs. of my fat and a few of them will look normal again -- seems like a win-win trade to me....
  • Sammie262
    Sammie262 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Haha this is brilliant I need to stop hanging around with skinny people because I'm obviously keeping all the fat to myself...
  • MommysLittleMeatball
    MommysLittleMeatball Posts: 2,064 Member
    Options
    tumblr_mk274jsgtu1s8meylo1_500.gif
    tumblr_inline_mjehsymggN1qhap1n.png
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,793 Member
    Options
    Exhalation, Perspiration, Urination, Defecation
  • fr3smyl
    fr3smyl Posts: 1,418 Member
    Options
    Untrue!

According to The World Fat Theorem, of which I am the creator and sole adherent, the total fat in the world is conserved. In other words, fat is not created nor destroyed, rather it is simply moved around from person to person. So, when you lose a pound, another person gains it and vice-versa. This is also why so many people report yo-yo dieting.

Totally true. I swear. o:)

Love this!
  • fr3smyl
    fr3smyl Posts: 1,418 Member
    Options
    nickycat73 wrote: »

WARNING: CHEMISTRY LESSON

Kind of, but not exactly. The Law of Conversion of Mass dictates mass is neither created nor destroyed during a chemical reaction. In laymen's terms, that means nothing in the universe ever disappears; it simply changes into something else. For example, ice melts into water which evaporates and turns to air, gasoline burns in your car and is released into the atmosphere through in the form of carbon (which is where the whole Global Warming thing comes in since it means we're adding additional carbon dioxide into the atmosphere faster than nature can convert it into oxygen through photosynthesis). When your body metabolizes fat, the chemical bonds breakdown and all that's left is carbon, hydrogen, and oxygen molecules. They then hookup to form two other chemicals: carbon dioxide (CO2, which you release when you exhale) and water (H2O, which your body either gets rid of or uses). You are using fat for energy, but that process only means your body has changed it into something else.

Ohhhhh.