Replies

• doktorglass
    doktorglass Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Saw this a while ago: Mathematics of Weight loss
  • allaboutthecake
    allaboutthecake Posts: 1,531 Member
    Options
    Can I choose who my fat goes to? Coz that would be nifty.

"I now place my excessive Fat onto my skinniest, uppity Enemy" >:);)

• allaboutthecake
    allaboutthecake Posts: 1,531 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    nickycat73 wrote: »
    Your body uses it up in the form of energy??? Sounds right

WARNING: CHEMISTRY LESSON

Kind of, but not exactly. The Law of Conversion of Mass dictates mass is neither created nor destroyed during a chemical reaction. In laymen's terms, that means nothing in the universe ever disappears; it simply changes into something else. For example, ice melts into water which evaporates and turns to air, gasoline burns in your car and is released into the atmosphere through in the form of carbon (which is where the whole Global Warming thing comes in since it means we're adding additional carbon dioxide into the atmosphere faster than nature can convert it into oxygen through photosynthesis). When your body metabolizes fat, the chemical bonds breakdown and all that's left is carbon, hydrogen, and oxygen molecules. They then hookup to form two other chemicals: carbon dioxide (CO2, which you release when you exhale) and water (H2O, which your body either gets rid of or uses). You are using fat for energy, but that process only means your body has changed it into something else.

Ooiiyyy in other words METHANE GAS. so really, its not the Cows who are breaking the ozone layers, its all us MFP'rs farting out the methane gas. :o
  • RunTimer
    RunTimer Posts: 9,137 Member
    Options
    TheRoadDog wrote: »
    Exhalation, Perspiration, Urination, Defecation
    Yep.
    Triglyceride (the predominant fat in your body) is C55H104O6+78O2
    drop the chemical bonds (courtesy of your workin' out) and you're left with 55CO2+52H2O (aka, exhale & water)

So when some tells you to sweat it out (take a deep breath) they're encouraging your workout ethic.
  • Becka4Real
    Becka4Real Posts: 1,527 Member
    Options
    You people are blowing my mind!!!
  • fr3smyl
    fr3smyl Posts: 1,418 Member
    Options
    I did a lot of sweating and breathing earlier working in the yard. So I my fat is out there somewhere, making some other poor chap miserable.
  • Monkey_Business
    Monkey_Business Posts: 1,800 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    OdesAngel wrote: »
    I read on MFP that it was the white stuff floating in the toilet after you pee and it looks like chicken fat.

If this is happening to you it is one of a couple things:
    1. sex with a male partner
    2. you shook it one too may times (males only)
    3. You need to go seek medical help, you should not be peeing chicken fat.

• fr3smyl
    Options
    OdesAngel wrote: »
    I read on MFP that it was the white stuff floating in the toilet after you pee and it looks like chicken fat.

If this is happening to you it is one of a couple things:
    1. sex with a male partner
    2. you shook it one two may times (males only)
    3. You need to go seek medical help, you should not be peeing chicken fat.

:D
  • Monkey_Business
    edited May 2015
    Options
    One theory is: when you work out really hard, you create a really small black hole. Once the black hole is created it will suck in the random fat molecule being displaced by any additional the energy you create. The random fat molecules are transported through a worm hole to another being. If you stop working out, the black hole collapses and random fat molecule return the original individual. It is just a theory though.
  • fr3smyl
    Options
    [quote="Monkey_Business;32560public Theory is: when you work out really hard, you create a really small black hole. Once the black hole is created it will suck in the random fat molecule being displaced by any additional the energy you create. The random fat molecules are transported through a worm hole to another being. If you stop working out, the black hole collapses and random fat molecule return the original individual. It is just a theory though.[/quote]

I like this. I may quote you when someone asks me in person how I did it. According to monkey business publishing a small black hole....
  • Monkey_Business
    Options
    I have not copyrighted this yet so it is free for usage or publishing, just saying ......
  • Dared2Evolve
    Dared2Evolve Posts: 2,803 Member
    Options
    According to my studies, fat goes in this warehouse:

raiders_of_the_lost_ark_warehouse_scen_450.jpg

Somewhere in between the arc of the covenant and the chiclets.

That's a whole lotta fat .. wonder what happens when they misfile it ..
  • RunTimer
    RunTimer Posts: 9,137 Member
    Options
    Every time you burn a calorie, an angel gets its wings
    wonderful+life.gif
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,841 Member
    Options
    Mine ends up on others around me as I lose it. They always say they find it. Oddly, I seem to add some back on from people I don't even know. it just appears there.
  • fr3smyl
    edited May 2015
    Options
    According to my studies, fat goes in this warehouse:

raiders_of_the_lost_ark_warehouse_scen_450.jpg

Somewhere in between the arc of the covenant and the chiclets.

That's a whole lotta fat .. wonder what happens when they misfile it ..

I think I know....those are days you wake up with more than you went to sleep with.
  • ejbronte
    ejbronte Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    Untrue!

According to The World Fat Theorem, of which I am the creator and sole adherent, the total fat in the world is conserved. In other words, fat is not created nor destroyed, rather it is simply moved around from person to person. So, when you lose a pound, another person gains it and vice-versa. This is also why so many people report yo-yo dieting.

Totally true. I swear. o:)

You have an early formulator of the World Fat Theorem in Fritz Leiber - anyone who hasn't read his Lankhmar series and might want to, please read no further.

In SWORDS OF LANKHMAR, the already short Gray Mouser gets shrunk to mini-mini size; there's a time limit on his shrinkage, and when the time comes for him to grow, matter is "adhered" to him from an enormous woman, who becomes enticingly shapely in the process.

I guess great minds think sort-of alike.

• bpetrosky
    bpetrosky Posts: 3,911 Member
    Options
    heybales wrote: »
    Breath it out as Carbon Dioxide, and water out in all the ways you may lose water.
    About 84% to 16% ratio of those 2.

^THIS^ Simple, direct, and based on the actual science of biochemistry.
  • baby_firefly_666
    baby_firefly_666 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    I've never actually wondered where it goes...I kinda just assumed that the fat like dissolved inside your body when you burn more calories than you take in? Hahahaha I have no idea, biology isn't my strong point so don't listen to me :lol:
    Can I choose who my fat goes to? Coz that would be nifty.

Haha love it!