Eating less calories then my actual goal and putting on weight?

Options

Replies

• dawnna76
    dawnna76 Posts: 987 Member
    Options
    cwolfman13 wrote: »

I'm going to go out on a limb and suggest that your calorie burn is inflated. What are you doing exactly that you are getting 800 calorie per day burns?

unless your are very overweight a hour of exercise wont bring you that much of a burn.
  • NellyDolphin
    NellyDolphin Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Maybe I just should give few more weeks as am new , thank you guys
  • NellyDolphin
    Options
    galbracj wrote: »
    Sounds like you have only been on this for a short period of time. You have to have patience. If you eat something with some salt in it you can take on water weight. Depending on your cycle you might be taking on some water weight.

If you haven't been doing this for a month its too soon to demand results. But keep it up. You WILL see results if you are this committed.

• NellyDolphin
    Options
    Definitely!!! Just love this app and will give more time ☺️
  • Lleldiranne
    Lleldiranne Posts: 5,516 Member
    Options
    Thank you guys, will give another few weeks and see how it goes.

Daily exercise 800+ calories, my goal to eat 1770 a day , but I always eat less then 1770 that's why I'm left with extra calories to eat . But I just started this thing and is all new, maybe need to give few weeks to kick in

I think that may be the key, especially if the exercise is new, too.

Still, it may be helpful to invest in a kitchen scale (I got mine off of Amazon for <$20). And eat at least the 1770, simply because you need to continue to fuel fuel those workouts. If you get to a point where you are eating back exercise calories, make sure that you are accurate on those, too.

• yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options
    Maybe I just should give few more weeks as am new , thank you guys

Yeah but when you are new to this usually there is a big drop in water weight.
    So one of your numbers are off. either your intake is wrong and/or your exercise calories burn are wrong.
  • l0vegood
    l0vegood Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Your goal is 1770. Make it lower. Try 1300 or 1200.
  • NellyDolphin
    Options
    Yeah, thanx
  • NellyDolphin
    Options
    Maybe I'm just being silly because I'm new to this thing
  • Coolhandkid
    Coolhandkid Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    l0vegood wrote: »

Please don't do this. If you are burning anywhere near 800 calories/day and are eating 1200 you are doing damage to yourself and will not be able to continue to work on your health.

I think this is simply a time issue. A great many people struggle to document their caloric intake as well, which is why that tends to be the first suggestion. But you are either doing a HORRIFIC job of tracking your calories or you just need to give your body time to make the adjustments.
  • RGv2
    RGv2 Posts: 5,789 Member
    Options

How can you advise a 30 yr old female to go to 1300, or even 1200 without knowing their stats....? SMH.
  • NellyDolphin
    Options
    galbracj wrote: »

Please don't do this. If you are burning anywhere near 800 calories/day and are eating 1200 you are doing damage to yourself and will not be able to continue to work on your health.

I think this is simply a time issue. A great many people struggle to document their caloric intake as well, which is why that tends to be the first suggestion. But you are either doing a HORRIFIC job of tracking your calories or you just need to give your body time to make the adjustments.

• NellyDolphin
    Options
    I cycle one hour a day and it burns between 500-600 calories and I use Pacer to track my steps and adds an extra 300 calories, that's how I burn my calories.
    I just started using this app and I'm truly trying to put down everything I eat but maybe it's just not enough time and I'm panicking for nothing.
    Thank you for advice !!! I really appreciate it x
  • tdatsenko
    tdatsenko Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    WNYEj9G.gif
    Is this gif you?
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    tdatsenko wrote: »
    WNYEj9G.gif
    Is this gif you?

I wish he had a nodding head gif to answer that question....

• yopeeps025
    Options
    RGv2 wrote: »

How can you advise a 30 yr old female to go to 1300, or even 1200 without knowing their stats....? SMH.

I like to know too. @l0vegood
  • jewcyascanbe
    jewcyascanbe Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    yopeeps025 wrote: »
    if you aren't eating enough your body will go into starvation mode and store fat instead of burning it. You must have balance when it comes to eating and exercise. you cant exercise all day but barely eat. you also have to be considerate of what youre eating even if its low in calories.

No no no that is not how it works. You cannot store energy with no energy.

i didnt say store energy i said fat
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    if you aren't eating enough your body will go into starvation mode and store fat instead of burning it. You must have balance when it comes to eating and exercise. you cant exercise all day but barely eat. you also have to be considerate of what youre eating even if its low in calories.

Fat IS stored energy.
  • yopeeps025
    Options

What did you think fat was? Excess of what?

• mrsvstol
    mrsvstol Posts: 14 Member
    Options

Definitely NOT THIS.

Yes it can be this!http://www.coachcalorie.com/get-over-fear-of-eating-more-calories/

As the article explains eating below your BMR or too few calories in general will NOT result in greater weight loss. It will stall it and YES cause a GAIN! I'm living proof of this. It was my MD who pointed it out. I slowly added calories until I was 2100-2400 per day. Then I started cutting 50 calories a day. Somewhere in the 2000-2100 range I started losing. As the article states 100 calorie a day deficit can lead to 1 lb a week weight loss.