OMG...mock chocolate cheesecake for 120 calories!!!

Options
2»

Replies

• divinjr
    divinjr Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Made this, but I used my blender to mix the cottage cheese, chocolate, and stevia together until smooth. Added a few fresh strawberries on too, then froze. It was awesome. Thanks for the idea.
  • sererev
    sererev Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I do this all the time! cottage cheese + cocoa is fabulous, I don't know why it seems so weird to everyone else... maybe cottage cheese is marketed differently in the US?
    Here in Europe it's used pretty much the same as greek yogurt, so sweetening it makes perfect sense :blush:
  • fieldsey2014
    fieldsey2014 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Don't Philadelphia sell a chocolate cheese version? Not that it is low fat but clearly mixing soft cheese and chocolate is not an unusual concept. I'm all for trying a low fat version! Thanks for the tip.
  • FitFunTina
    FitFunTina Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    I do this with ricotta and PB2 (and cocoa). Most amazing thing ever!! http://fitfuntina.com/chocolate-peanut-butter-cannoli/
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    FitFunTina wrote: »
    I do this with ricotta and PB2 (and cocoa). Most amazing thing ever!! http://fitfuntina.com/chocolate-peanut-butter-cannoli/

Hmm well, I did that without the PB2 yesterday, and it wasn't bad, but I think you haven't had real treats for a while if you really think it's the most amazing thing ever. Plus for the calories, you could pretty much just eat a bit less of the real thing.
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Options
    OK...bear with me... you have to try it before you pass judgement...
    It works for me... hope it works for you

Mock Chocolate Cheesecake

1/2 cup 1 % cottage cheese (100 calories)
    1 tablespoon cocoa (20 calories)
    2 pkgs sweetener
    mix + eat.... great low cal snack and totally does it for my chocolate cravings!!!

Do you put this is a blender? Seems like the texture would be odd without blending up the curds. What type of sweetener did you use? I'm only familiar with Splenda and 2 pkgs in 1/2 c of cottage cheese sounds way too sweet.

I do something similar with splenda sweetened yogurt, so it doesn't sound so bad to me. Tastes nothing like cheesecake, but it is tasty.
  • MoiAussi93
    MoiAussi93 Posts: 1,948 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    I tried it and did not like it, and I LOVE cottage cheese and cocoa individually.

However, I put cocoa and stevia in plain yogurt and THAT is amazingly good.

I prefer cottage cheese either plain, or with salt and pepper and a little paprika.
  • FitFunTina
    FitFunTina Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    FitFunTina wrote: »

Hmm well, I did that without the PB2 yesterday, and it wasn't bad, but I think you haven't had real treats for a while if you really think it's the most amazing thing ever. Plus for the calories, you could pretty much just eat a bit less of the real thing.

Considering I don't put nearly as much junk into my body as I used to, you're probably right. :) But I will say that even though I live in NY where Cheesecake is king, and even though I did have cheesecake (better than Cheesecake Factory) at my wedding - yes, it is the most amazing thing ever. I can eat an entire portion without guilt (Really, what's the fun in eating just a couple of bites of real cheesecake?) and yet still manage to lose weight in the process.

• Jelaan
    Jelaan Posts: 815 Member
    Options
    I have made this with ricotta and stevia (but preferably xylitol), and it's actually pretty good - still not cheesecake but good.