Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

cleaning up my life

Hello everyone! I started a new lifestyle this week. Sunday I turned 39. I'm sick of being fat, lazy and full of bad stuff (carbs, wine, negative thoughts). I've had a yo-yo relationship with diet and fitness my entire life. I would like to view being healthy as less of a struggle. Slowly developing a taste for real food should help. Now, if only I could like exercise... I'm on week 4 of C25K (been down this road before as well). I hope others will share my jouney. Please send me a friend request if you feel so inclined.

All the best,

Emily

Replies

• della25phi
    della25phi Posts: 3 Member
    Hi Emily,
    I just turned 40, and we also are cleaning out our diet at my house! Such a rough road! We've been eating pretty clean since Feb. feeling much better and down 25lbs! I barely lost any weight at first but finally my metabolism decided to join the show! Keep going it's worth it!
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    If wine is wrong... then I don't wanna be right.
  • DesertRange
    DesertRange Posts: 7 Member
    C25K is awesome!!! I love how it prepares me! Try to switch it up too. Rowing, biking and even elliptical. Good luck!
  • emmaleeannL
    emmaleeannL Posts: 17 Member
    randomtai wrote: »
    If wine is wrong... then I don't wanna be right.

Hahaha. Everything in moderation. Unfortunately I cannot seem to manage that.
  • emmaleeannL
    C25K is awesome!!! I love how it prepares me! Try to switch it up too. Rowing, biking and even elliptical. Good luck!

Thanks! I plan to cycle as well. I live in Holland so it's more a form of transport than exercise.
  • emmaleeannL
    della25phi wrote: »
    Hi Emily,
    I just turned 40, and we also are cleaning out our diet at my house! Such a rough road! We've been eating pretty clean since Feb. feeling much better and down 25lbs! I barely lost any weight at first but finally my metabolism decided to join the show! Keep going it's worth it!

Thanks for the encouragement. 25lbs. is quite impressive!
  • MtnGirl38
    MtnGirl38 Posts: 37 Member
    Love the title of your post! I'm 41 and was also a life long yo-yo until about 3 years ago when I managed to lose weight and gain some insight as to why I do what I do. I've let a few lbs creep up and decided to join this community for support (although I've been using the MFP app for a long time.) I also started out with C25K a couple years back and last summer ran my first 1/2, despite gaining weight along the way......
    We can do this! Good luck to you!