cleaning up my life

Hello everyone! I started a new lifestyle this week. Sunday I turned 39. I'm sick of being fat, lazy and full of bad stuff (carbs, wine, negative thoughts). I've had a yo-yo relationship with diet and fitness my entire life. I would like to view being healthy as less of a struggle. Slowly developing a taste for real food should help. Now, if only I could like exercise... I'm on week 4 of C25K (been down this road before as well). I hope others will share my jouney. Please send me a friend request if you feel so inclined.

All the best,

Emily

Replies

• della25phi
    della25phi Posts: 3 Member
    Hi Emily,
    I just turned 40, and we also are cleaning out our diet at my house! Such a rough road! We've been eating pretty clean since Feb. feeling much better and down 25lbs! I barely lost any weight at first but finally my metabolism decided to join the show! Keep going it's worth it!
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    If wine is wrong... then I don't wanna be right.
  • DesertRange
    DesertRange Posts: 7 Member
    C25K is awesome!!! I love how it prepares me! Try to switch it up too. Rowing, biking and even elliptical. Good luck!
  • emmaleeannL
    emmaleeannL Posts: 17 Member
    randomtai wrote: »
    If wine is wrong... then I don't wanna be right.

Hahaha. Everything in moderation. Unfortunately I cannot seem to manage that.
  • emmaleeannL
    C25K is awesome!!! I love how it prepares me! Try to switch it up too. Rowing, biking and even elliptical. Good luck!

Thanks! I plan to cycle as well. I live in Holland so it's more a form of transport than exercise.
  • emmaleeannL
    della25phi wrote: »
    Hi Emily,
    I just turned 40, and we also are cleaning out our diet at my house! Such a rough road! We've been eating pretty clean since Feb. feeling much better and down 25lbs! I barely lost any weight at first but finally my metabolism decided to join the show! Keep going it's worth it!

Thanks for the encouragement. 25lbs. is quite impressive!
  • MtnGirl38
    MtnGirl38 Posts: 37 Member
    Love the title of your post! I'm 41 and was also a life long yo-yo until about 3 years ago when I managed to lose weight and gain some insight as to why I do what I do. I've let a few lbs creep up and decided to join this community for support (although I've been using the MFP app for a long time.) I also started out with C25K a couple years back and last summer ran my first 1/2, despite gaining weight along the way......
    We can do this! Good luck to you!