Social eating and counting cals

Options
13»

Replies

• maillemaker
    maillemaker Posts: 1,253 Member
    Options
    Oh, so the definition of crap is purely based on the user's definition and use of it?

Of course it is. It's like asking someone what "clean" eating is. It's entirely arbitrary and up to the individual.
    Just because you don't want to make it fit into your day doesn't make it crap.

And that's not what I said.

I said it's crap because one teeny, unfulfilling slice that seriously tempts you to eating more is probably like 500 calories and is1/3rd of my daily allotment and ain't worth it to me.

When you only have 1570 calories a day to work with, you get real careful with what you want to blow calories on. A few mouthfuls of the cake in question wouldn't be worth it to me.

• maillemaker
    Options
    It's a sugar bomb. Seems like a total waste of calories to me.

I agree. That's why I agree it's "crap". You eat this stuff all you're going is testing your willpower and blowing a huge chunk out of your daily calorie allotment for something that will leave you hungry in half an hour with hours to go until the next meal.
  • maillemaker
    Options
    But I appreciate everyone's input on how to handle these situations and typically, the food isn't worth me wasting the calories and having to re-plan my dinner.

Bingo. You can eat it, but it generally isn't worth it.
  • Phoenix_Down
    Phoenix_Down Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    Oh, so the definition of crap is purely based on the user's definition and use of it?

Of course it is. It's like asking someone what "clean" eating is. It's entirely arbitrary and up to the individual.

And that's not what I said.

I said it's crap because one teeny, unfulfilling slice that seriously tempts you to eating more is probably like 500 calories and is1/3rd of my daily allotment and ain't worth it to me.

When you only have 1570 calories a day to work with, you get real careful with what you want to blow calories on. A few mouthfuls of the cake in question wouldn't be worth it to me.

Right, you act like I've never been in a deficit before. I'm well aware you have to moderate and pick and choose what is/is not worth your time calories wise. Especially, if you're trying to make sound dietary decisions based on health but foods on their own don't dictate a persons health or well being. Their entire diet does. So, labeling something crap to me just seems silly. I also think the term "clean eating" is silly for the exact same reason.

I'm sure you'd agree a diet of all apples is no more healthy than a diet consisting of all pizza. Those two comparisons are strawman arguments at best because well...who eats nothing but one item of food?

So, sure. If it seems like a waste to you, by all means, don't eat it. But someone else indulging in said foods doesn't make the food crap or make their diet crap, on it's own.

I also managed to fit ice cream into my deficit when I was in weight loss. The fat and carbs filled in my macronutrient profile nicely. We all have our choices in this.

Sorry if I misunderstood what you were trying to say but I think it's important to not label foods as good or bad.

Anything to an extreme can be bad for you.
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,575 Member
    Options
    Why, because it's sweet? What's wrong with that?

No, it's "crap" because one teeny, unfulfilling slice that seriously tempts you to eating more is probably like 500 calories - 1/3rd of my daily allotment.

I'd skip it, too. It ain't worth it.

My company had Maggie Moos icecream truck visit yesterday. I just skipped it. I don't want to try to guesstimate how many calories are in what I would have been tempted to get nor did I have any room for it yesterday anyway (I went over going out to dinner as it was).

I would have eaten the hell out of that Maggie Moos ice cream truck...that's right. Whole truck. Yolo.

You know what's crap then?

Kale. Because gross.

Well, yeah. Unless we are actually talking feces, crap is just an opinion. This food is crap. That movie is crap. I hate this crap.