• foursirius
    foursirius Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    Sure does; enjoy those calories!
  • mwyvr
    mwyvr Posts: 1,883 Member
    Options
    BramageOMG wrote: »
    I did not eat any back for two reasons: 1. People tend to miss minor things in diary throughout the day. I wanted to account for any small misses 2. The exercise calories MPF gives back is higher than reality. By not eating calories back I lost 11 lbs per month for 6 months.

I think one needs to review their exercise burn individually and make appropriate decisions.

For those who log fully and reasonably accurately (I am one) then you've got a known quantity going in that you can rely on and this makes the rest easier.

On my long run days I'll burn, conservatively, 1,000 - 1,500 calories or more depending on duration (60, 90, 120 minutes); I *do not* use the estimates provided by Strava or MFP as they are on the high side by 25% often.

After 13.5k of running and another 6k of walking today I'm effectively negative for the day and have but one meal left. I know from experience if I don't eat back a decent percentage of those calories I'm setting up my body for failure in the form of injury. If I give my muscles the nutrition they need to recover, generally speaking I can run every single day without rest days and do well. When I don't, I can tell.

I'm also losing 1kg a week very reliably.

If exercise burns are relatively small (200 - 500 calories daily) I'd agree that such deltas can be good buffers against mistakes in intake logging. But when the calorie deficit is huge, people better consume more.