The Pepsi Generatin ( Childish , Judgmental , Bigoted Jerks ?)

Options
burnsgene42
burnsgene42 Posts: 102 Member
Anyone else shocked at the Pepsi commercial that has a guy throwing a slice of pie across the restaurant hitting an " 80 year old Grandma knitting a sweater " ?
So Pepsi wants to appeal to people who have the mental makeup of 10-12 year old "red necks" ( Yes, I was once one ) . The pie thrower could have just as easily thrown the insult and pie at anyone not fitting his idea of his own perfection. Could have been any race , any gender, any body makeup or size . Anyone not like HIM.
Another by Pepsi commercial targets a young man growing a goatee doesn't absolve them. Just makes them worse. Equal opportunity bigotry?
Why does someone have to be pushed out by some so they can feel "IN" ?
This sells a product ?
Rest assured this bicycling , backpacking , kayaking, "old couple" and all of their offspring Won't be drinking any Pepsi while we wait for the curtain to fall.

Replies

• burnsgene42
    Options
    Sorry that's Pepsi GeneratiOn.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,610 Member
    Options
    Meh. It's like any other commercial out there today. Just meant to grab attention with something "funny".

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png[/quote]
  • schpitt
    schpitt Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    It feels to me like nastiness in general is glorified by the modern media. I remember some comedy movie where the devil goes around telling people that bad is good and good is bad. It's actually happening!
  • burnsgene42
    Options
    ninerbuff wrote: »
    Meh. It's like any other commercial out there today. Just meant to grab attention with something "funny".

Yep , I agree with " " funny" ".

I fear that the scariest thing about the commercial is that the Pepsi add Writers/Creators may be right on the money. The majority of Americans will find the "Grandma " getting hit with pie ,or anyone else ... . Funny .
    The adds may be more telling about America than all the Jingoistic speeches we hear from the politicos.
  • jaqcan
    jaqcan Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    I don't think it's funny, because most commercials are stupid; but he didn't take aim at the grandma.
    Don't get me started on the "hashtag" Subway commercial. If anyone really speaks like that, THEY need to be hit in the face with pie.
  • burnsgene42
    Options
    "but he didn't take aim at the grandma." Intent goes with the bullet. Intend or not it's simple battery. Unless she's seriously injured.

" I think it's okay " I think we all find it funny when a seemingly powerful person ( Politician, Police Officer, Millionaire ) gets put in their place and embarrassed .
    No one would find it funny if the commercial had been aimed any racial minority , any sick or helpless person , or a little child. Not Funny. But commercials that beat up on "Old Folks" , well that's a barrel of laughs. Eh ?
    As a matter of fact , this morning on the News, I saw a video of a 37 year old man who struck an older lady in the face with his fist on the street . Knocking her down and out , breaking her cheekbone. For no other reason than she looked old and helpless and was an easy target. He was charged with Aggravated Battery.
    Pepsi should defend him and hire him. He's the real life version of their Adult Bevis and Butthead drink Pepsi and throws pies commercial. Probably a Pepsi drinker ((((;
  • zaxx1953
    zaxx1953 Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    I am more mad about that grandma watching Fox and voting for the Koch Bros. funded lie machine.......
  • _incogNEATo_
    _incogNEATo_ Posts: 4,543 Member
    Options
    My God... that bothers you?
  • burnsgene42
    Options
    "That bothers you ?" You mean " She a old white bish " ? Racism , prejudice and racial stereotypes don't bother you ? I was trying to clarify exactly what a "bish" is.
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,841 Member
    Options
    Yes, Rednecks are well known pie throwers.
  • _incogNEATo_
    Options
    "That bothers you ?" You mean " She a old white bish " ? Racism , prejudice and racial stereotypes don't bother you ? I was trying to clarify exactly what a "bish" is.

I was referring to your OP
  • MommysLittleMeatball
    MommysLittleMeatball Posts: 2,064 Member
    Options
    Um...you lost me at expecting people to have a strong reaction to a soda commercial or a commercial at all. It's a commercial and most people probably fast forward through them OR if it's live look at their phones during commercials.

It's a go at slapstick comedy. It's not anything but a cheap laugh. I'm sure there's been plenty of examples of pies to the face in slapstick comedy or screwball comedies. I mean, how many times did Lucy (I Love Lucy) get a pie to the face? But, I guess you were offended then because a woman got a pie to the face and it was just another example of bigoted jerks?

I'm more offended at people getting offended at every little thing they see/hear.
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    what is going on in here? :o
  • _incogNEATo_
    Options
    OdesAngel wrote: »
    what is going on in here? :o

Get out while you can
  • MommysLittleMeatball
    MommysLittleMeatball Posts: 2,064 Member
    Options
    i-got-enough-pie-to-go-around.jpg

...too soon?
  • NotShena
    NotShena Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    It's the high fructose corn syrup in the Pepsi. Makin' kids rowdy. Back in my day we had real sugar and we liked it.
  • MaternalCopulator
    MaternalCopulator Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    If only my life was as easy as yours, to where this was something that concerned me... I'm jealous.
  • emdeesea
    emdeesea Posts: 1,823 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry, I didn't get anything offensive from this commercial at all. He didn't intentionally target the woman; he tossed the pie over his shoulder, not even looking at what was behind him.

That said, it's still stupid and somewhat juvenile, as most commercials are. But hardly offensive.
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    i-got-enough-pie-to-go-around.jpg

...too soon?

1396591833224.gif