The Pepsi Generatin ( Childish , Judgmental , Bigoted Jerks ?)

Options

Replies

• PrizePopple
    PrizePopple Posts: 3,133 Member
    Options
    OdesAngel wrote: »
    what is going on in here? :o

Get out while you can

I just came for pie.

Actually, OP... I think your knickers are in a twist over the wrong things. I'm also amused that you use the term bigot and then use the term redneck. Pot meet kettle.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options
    what's a commercial? They still have those things?
  • PrizePopple
    Options
    OdesAngel wrote: »
    i-got-enough-pie-to-go-around.jpg

...too soon?

1396591833224.gif

Can't. stop. watching. That's freaking great!
  • Carol_
    Carol_ Posts: 469 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    It was a stupid commercial in my opinion. MOST young people, ..'teenagers' included don't act that way at all.
  • chelsy0587
    chelsy0587 Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    If only my life was as easy as yours, to where this was something that concerned me... I'm jealous.

this!
  • vixtris
    vixtris Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    jaqcan wrote: »
    I don't think it's funny, because most commercials are stupid; but he didn't take aim at the grandma.
    Don't get me started on the "hashtag" Subway commercial. If anyone really speaks like that, THEY need to be hit in the face with pie.
    AGREED! I hear too many commercials on TV and the Radio where people actually SAY "hashtag -something-" Makes me wanna punch em in the face. lol.
  • emdeesea
    emdeesea Posts: 1,823 Member
    Options
    emdeesea wrote: »
    I'm sorry, I didn't get anything offensive from this commercial at all. He didn't intentionally target the woman; he tossed the pie over his shoulder, not even looking at what was behind him.

That said, it's still stupid and somewhat juvenile, as most commercials are. But hardly offensive.

Edit: This is the reason I have stopped watching television. The appeal to the lowest common denominator. Hence, the entertainment I find frankly boring and not funny.

• cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options
    Ok, just watched the commercial...I don't get the outrage. I mean, "this isn't your father's Oldsmobile"...I get the rage there...Oldsmobile is a very offensive term...but not this...

How can anyone get this worked up about a commercial...
  • sullus
    sullus Posts: 2,839 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    I'm more offended by the insinuations that pepsi is a preferable choice to cherry pie, and eating cherry pie somehow makes you a deficient young person.
  • IndigoSpider
    IndigoSpider Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    cwolfman13 wrote: »
    what's a commercial? They still have those things?

I was thinking the same thing! I don't even own a television and have ad-blockers for online soo.. don't even know what the heck OP is referring to but now I want ALL THE PIE!
  • sofaking6
    sofaking6 Posts: 4,589 Member
    Options
    I like Coke.
  • abetterluke
    abetterluke Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    I'm shocked that so many people in this thread understood the original post.
  • PrizePopple
    Options

I've been known to wave my own cane from the comfort of the rocker on my front porch a time or two... I think that's why I understood it. :P
  • SconnieCat
    SconnieCat Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    giphy.gif

In other news...I think I might get some pie.
  • smittybuilt19
    smittybuilt19 Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    Must..not...bump...thread. Crap.
  • PrizePopple
    Options
    SconnieCat wrote: »
    giphy.gif

In other news...I think I might get some pie.

Get cherry and I will call you a 78 year old grandma knitting a sweater.

Oh hell, who am I to talk, cherry is one of my favorites.

I suck at knitting.
  • Pammeycakes55
    Pammeycakes55 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    emdeesea wrote: »
    I'm sorry, I didn't get anything offensive from this commercial at all. He didn't intentionally target the woman; he tossed the pie over his shoulder, not even looking at what was behind him.

That said, it's still stupid and somewhat juvenile, as most commercials are. But hardly offensive.

I agree with the above remark:

I'm a 60 year old grandma and I didn't get affended. This is what the commerical is about: "A man is minding his own business and eating cherry pie in a diner when another man sits next to him, throws his pie, and accuses him of being a 78 year old grandma knitting a sweater. He shouldn't be wasting his taste buds on pie, he should be drinking Pepsi Max Cherry Blast!"

Granted they insinulate the fellow is an old "fuddy duddy", and his taste buds should be tasting Pepsio Max CHERRY Blast, not a CHERRY pie

• WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options

This.

OP are you offended at the implication that 70 year old grandparents do nothing but sit around and knit sweaters, or are you offended that the actress portraying the elderly woman in the commercial was hit in the face with pie?

Personally I'm offended at any commercial suggesting that any carbonated beverage that isn't Diet Coke has any merit at all in the world.
  • SarcasmIsMyLoveLanguage
    SarcasmIsMyLoveLanguage Posts: 2,668 Member
    Options
    Glad I'm not the only one :confused: