Any Whole Food dieters our there?

Options
Bshmerlie
Bshmerlie Posts: 1,026 Member
I'm currently on a major lifestyle overhaul and looking for buddies on a similar journey. I'm currently doing a whole foods diet where I try and keep my meal items to one ingredient. For example, chicken with fresh green beans on the side...not chicken greenbean casserole. I'm also trying to stay away from possessed foods...so frozen diet dinners are out. On the exercise side I am doing both cardio and weight training. Anyone else interested in a simple living type of program send me a friend request. I have 100 pounds to lose, I log in everyday and I'm on a mission.....any takers?

Replies

• kpierce7188
    kpierce7188 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I've been switching to more whole foods and educating myself on what actually goes into our "health foods" I have only a couple pounds to shed but a whole lot of life I would like to gain by switching how I eat! I would totally embark on this journey with you! I also do light weight training and cardio I've fallen in love with Pilates as of late and Walking at home :)
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options
    Bshmerlie wrote: »
    I'm currently on a major lifestyle overhaul and looking for buddies on a similar journey. I'm currently doing a whole foods diet where I try and keep my meal items to one ingredient. For example, chicken with fresh green beans on the side...not chicken greenbean casserole. I'm also trying to stay away from possessed foods...so frozen diet dinners are out. On the exercise side I am doing both cardio and weight training. Anyone else interested in a simple living type of program send me a friend request. I have 100 pounds to lose, I log in everyday and I'm on a mission.....any takers?

What are possessed foods? Are they worse than bad foods? Or dirty foods?

That sounds like a life of living hell to me... So perhaps it's your food that's possessed! Haha... Even when eating nutritious meals, I could never just eat a couple of random ingredients on a plate.
  • melimomTARDIS
    melimomTARDIS Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options
    i dont know? I ate rice porridge for breakfast with raisins, tofu scramble with veggies for lunch, hummus and cucumbers for snack, and I will be eating a bean burrito for dinner... a strawberry popsicle for dessert.

Tofu is processed, and hummus I bought is surely processed, the strawberry fruit Popsicle is also processed...
  • CoffeeNBooze
    CoffeeNBooze Posts: 966 Member
    Options

That sounds like a life of living hell to me... So perhaps it's your food that's possessed! Haha... Even when eating nutritious meals, I could never just eat a couple of random ingredients on a plate.

Possessed foods! That explains everything. I'd stay far away from those.

But seriously, I understand what you're trying to do but... is this something you could maintain doing forever? Just wondering what your long term plan is and if you find it sustainable.
  • Bshmerlie
    Options
    TiaBia9 wrote: »

But seriously, I understand what you're trying to do but... is this something you could maintain doing forever? Just wondering what your long term plan is and if you find it sustainable.

• CoffeeNBooze
    CoffeeNBooze Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    Yes, just not food with ghosts in it
  • jillianedwards
    jillianedwards Posts: 67 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    I would eat possessed foods all of the time if it meant they would show up hahakastk5io0e0y.gif
  • Bshmerlie
    Options
    That's actually how I usually eat at home. I BBQ a lot. Chicken, steaks, fish, sometimes they're on the bbq sometimes they are in a pan. I do season my meats and sometime marinade them. I've never been fond of TV dinners or prepackaged frozen foods. I just try to buy fresh foods not stuff that comes out of boxes. I've never been a big desert eater my problem had been portion control and I like Popcorn, coke and icecream. I eat too much meat and top it off with Coke and a chaser of icecream each night. Then I'd sit down watch TV and eat microwave popcorn. I still watch TV but now I'm doing it on my treadmill so I can't eat while I'm doing that. :) I'm also trying to train myself not to over eat when I do go out to a nice dinner. You know, get water instead of the coke, dont fill up on the bread, get the grilled Salmon instead of the Lasanga all those things that can lead to a 3000 calories dinner. I'm just tired of all the fast food joints...they're not even that good anyways. I'm not saying I'm never going back to In-N-Out but maybe next time I do I don't get the double double I just get the cheese burger.

Isn't anyone else worried about all the chemicals we ingest?
  • Bshmerlie
    Options
    MrM27 wrote: »

Do you eat Quinoa or Oatmeal or Whole wheat bread?

I'm not against them I'm just not really a big bread eater. Same with oatmeal...never really been a fan it's too mushy.
  • Bshmerlie
    Options
    MrM27 wrote: »
    My daily meals contain mostly whole foods.

And some processed.

There is no way in America to get entirely away from processed. I'm just doing my best to avoid them. Not because I think they're going to kill me but because I actually prefer cooking with fresh foods. I'm a huge Top Chef fan. Clean simple food... seasoned and cooked well there's nothing better.
  • Dnarules
    Dnarules Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    I would eat possessed foods all of the time if it meant they would show up hahakastk5io0e0y.gif

Amen.

• Bshmerlie
    Options

That's ironic considering your name.

....just saying
  • livingleanlivingclean
    Options
    That's actually how I usually eat at home. I BBQ a lot. Chicken, steaks, fish, sometimes they're on the bbq sometimes they are in a pan. I do season my meats and sometime marinade them. I've never been fond of TV dinners or prepackaged frozen foods. I just try to buy fresh foods not stuff that comes out of boxes. I've never been a big desert eater my problem had been portion control and I like Popcorn, coke and icecream. I eat too much meat and top it off with Coke and a chaser of icecream each night. Then I'd sit down watch TV and eat microwave popcorn. I still watch TV but now I'm doing it on my treadmill so I can't eat while I'm doing that. :) I'm also trying to train myself not to over eat when I do go out to a nice dinner. You know, get water instead of the coke, dont fill up on the bread, get the grilled Salmon instead of the Lasanga all those things that can lead to a 3000 calories dinner. I'm just tired of all the fast food joints...they're not even that good anyways. I'm not saying I'm never going back to In-N-Out but maybe next time I do I don't get the double double I just get the cheese burger.

Like water? Yup, deadly that one.
  • livingleanlivingclean
    Options

That's ironic considering your name.

....just saying

I started my account as an obsessive clean eater (and I would label my old self orthorexic). Healthier in so many ways since getting rid of the negative food associations. Being healthy isn't just determined by what you put in your mouth. But.... Even as a "clean eater" I would never just eat random individual ingredients on a plate. That's not a meal.
  • rlj19623
    rlj19623 Posts: 1 Member
    Options

• randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options

No.
  • Mr_Knight
    Mr_Knight Posts: 9,532 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Forget it. So not worth it...
  • whmscll
    whmscll Posts: 2,254 Member
    Options
    Mr_Knight wrote: »

Do we really need to derail yet another thread with this junk? OP was pretty clear about how they're trying to eat, and there's not a thing wrong with what they're trying to do.

Thank you!!