What is the most thing that helped you lose weight fast?

Options
what really helped you lose weight fast ? Tips ? Food ? diet ?

Replies

• Jasmunr
    Jasmunr Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    The thing that has helped the most to understand that there is no quick and easy way, it's a process. Understanding how calories work and effect weight loss has been the only thing that has worked for me. It's motivating to know I don't always have to eat "clean" and healthy to be successful. That it's okay to have a treat and it won't sabotage the hard work.
  • eugenia94102
    eugenia94102 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Patience.
  • shadowfax_c11
    shadowfax_c11 Posts: 1,942 Member
    Options
    Tracking accurately and sticking to my calorie goal no matter what I really wanted to do. Just deciding to stick with it and not allow any excuses to skip a day or overeat. If I want more food I have to work for it with extra exercise. Luckily for me getting exercise is not a problem. But if I take a lazy day that means I have to eat less that day.

Just comes down to getting serious and being committed to doing it. No matter what.
  • bendyourkneekatie
    bendyourkneekatie Posts: 696 Member
    Options
    Breastfeeding
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,089 Member
    Options
    Learning how to weigh all my foods and log them accurately. Then I knew what I was really consuming per day and was able to adjust from there.
    Secondly I had to realize that this isn't about fast results. It's a life style change.
  • TimothyFish
    TimothyFish Posts: 4,925 Member
    Options
    Some broken bones. I wouldn't recommend it, but it helped.
  • SophiaSerrao
    SophiaSerrao Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Apart from the obvious of sticking to my calorie deficit, being disciplined with my workouts and minding my macros... I guess it would be staying in control. Pulling the frack together when I start to go off the rails too much. Creating a simple program and sticking to it. Taking some time to plan (menus, how to handle social events/real life, schedules). That. And, also, absorbing knowledge from these forums!

...and yeah, there are no short cuts. Just correct mind set and focus. For me at least it's been mostly fun, actually. Mostly.
  • pmg2000m
    pmg2000m Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Accurately tracking and sticking to my calories & macros.
  • allenpriest
    allenpriest Posts: 1,102 Member
    Options
    Not trying to lose weight fast. This is a marathon not a sprint. I didn't get fat overnight and I'm not losing it overnight. I'm down 100 lbs. And it has taken 17 months.
  • Hagoal
    Hagoal Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    For me it was the clear understanding of the magic word "calorie deficit". You have to burn more than you consume to see a weight loss. I track my calorie burned in a day using my fitness monitor. I track my calorie consumed using MFP. If I see a deficit, I know I will like the result. Another thing that works for me is weighing myself everday first thing in the morning. This keeps me on track.
  • spzjlb
    spzjlb Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    Like many others above - logging my calorie intake-expenditure. Hands down. I have always been fit and active, but counting calories made the difference. Be honest and patient, and you will start to feel a difference quickly. It might take longer for others to notice, so that is where realism and patience are critical.
  • SergeantSausage
    SergeantSausage Posts: 1,673 Member
    Options
    Honesty about what I was shoving down my pie-hole.

Nothing drops pounds like honesty, right?
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    What really helped me lose weight fast was a nasty bout with the flu. :tongue:

What really helped me lose the weight & maintain the muscle while still enjoying life and foods I love was eating the right number of calories for my current stats and activity level. Staying active, eating well, and NOT being super restrictive, which generally led to my giving up several times over, and having to start again, which sucks.

Realistic goals - for weight loss, exercise, and calorie intake - made the whole process much, much easier and more importantly, sustainable. maybe the weight didn't come off as fast, but it did come off, and I've kept it off - no more stops and restarts, which is awesome.
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    MrM27 wrote: »
    Realizing I didn't have to concern myself with doing it fast but instead doing it in a way where it didn't feel like I was sacrificing happiness and sanity for weight loss.
    AMEN!

• cortesr425
    cortesr425 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Doc said change or die. Quit all sugar, most salt, fast food, prepared food, bread, pasta, etc. and went back to basics. Lost my first 40 lbs that way. Using MFP to lose my last 25. So far I i have lost 10 lbs with MFP.
  • elphie754
    elphie754 Posts: 7,574 Member
    Options
    cortesr425 wrote: »
    Doc said change or die. Quit all sugar, most salt, fast food, prepared food, bread, pasta, etc. and went back to basics. Lost my first 40 lbs that way. Using MFP to lose my last 25. So far I i have lost 10 lbs with MFP.

There is no reason to cut out any of those foods unless you have a diagnosed medical condition.
  • forgtmenot
    forgtmenot Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    Being fed up and wanting to truly change my life for good. I've never looked back and I'm so much happier.
  • kyleh206
    kyleh206 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    elphie754 wrote: »

There is no reason to cut out any of those foods unless you have a diagnosed medical condition.

Uh yeah there is.
  • elphie754
    elphie754 Posts: 7,574 Member
    Options
    kyleh206 wrote: »
    elphie754 wrote: »

Uh yeah there is.

What is the reason?