How much have you lost?

Options
fr3smyl
fr3smyl Posts: 1,418 Member
How much have you lost and long did it take? Just so new people to know what to expect. ;)

Replies

• deannasimon2
    deannasimon2 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    120 lbs. took 10 months. Worked with a trainer, logged everything, exercised daily. Changed my thinking. Have maintained it for close to a year.
  • runningagainstmyself
    runningagainstmyself Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    I'm down 66.5lb. My lowest was 85lb. Working to get back to that number currently. 85lb. loss took 14 months, the 36.5lb I have taken off to get back to -66.5lb. has been since Jan. 1.
  • ZBuffBod
    ZBuffBod Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    A caveat: Everyone is different and even if two people take the exact same route, their results might differ.

With that said, I lost 37, with 5 lbs or so to go. It took me about 8 months of fairly steady loss and 3 months of ups and downs. The ups were never more than 2-5 lbs. The ups happened when I got slack in my eating like in March when I had a sweet craving and baked chocolate chip cookies every week for about 3 weeks and did not do one bit of exercising. LOL!
  • Azurite27
    Azurite27 Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    About 140 lbs took a year and a half (Jan '13 - Aug '14).
  • queen_of_disaster
    queen_of_disaster Posts: 61 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    In total, 37 pounds from my highest (178 -> 141). My highest recorded weight was 178 before I lost 25 pounds, gained back 15, then yo yo'ed for a few years trying to find something that worked. It might be premature to say what I'm doing works, but I'm losing consistently now that I track my food (almost) every day and I'm trying to get a handle on my binge eating and compulsive overeating. I've lost 25 more pounds since January. It's taken me almost four years (September 2011 to now).

I guess what I'm trying to say is that the road to weight loss is anything but linear! The most important thing is consistency and patience. You will get there even if you first have to try 99 ways that don't work for you.
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    Options
    Azurite27 wrote: »
    About 140 lbs took a year and a half (Jan '13 - Aug '14).

I hate you so much. ;)

I've lost 155# in 3.5 years.
  • Equus5374
    Equus5374 Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    30 pounds since last fall. Still working on building muscle/getting stronger. Logging/weighing my food and being honest has made all the difference. Like others have said, individual genetics will determine how fast and from where your weight loss occurs. Best of luck!
  • fr3smyl
    Options
    ZBuffBod wrote: »
    A caveat: Everyone is different and even if two people take the exact same route, their results might differ.

With that said, I lost 37, with 5 lbs or so to go. It took me about 8 months of fairly steady loss and 3 months of ups and downs. The ups were never more than 2-5 lbs. The ups happened when I got slack in my eating like in March when I had a sweet craving and baked chocolate chip cookies every week for about 3 weeks and did not do one bit of exercising. LOL!

That sounds like a yummy way to slack!
  • an620
    an620 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Just hit 100 pounds lost last week, started April 19, 2014 so total of 55 weeks. M 52 6' 0" SW 310 CW 209. Initially I was losing about 2.5 pounds a week eating around 1750 cals per day. As the weight dropped the rate of loss slowed to about 2 pounds a week, then 1.5 pounds a week and currently losing about 1 pound per week.
  • fr3smyl
    Options
    Thank you all for sharing @ZBuffBod, @Azurite27, @zyxst, @queen_of_disaster, @deannasimon2, @runningagainstmyself! It's just there are so many websites that say lose blah blah pounds in blah blah days that unless you have real examples to look at you'd think that's the way it should be done. :|
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    57 lbs in 10 months, got pregnant and gained a little less than 25 lbs, had baby in January, 17 weeks to lose said baby weight, which was a few days ago, and I've lost an additional half a pound or so since then.
  • SuggaD
    SuggaD Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    Lost around 70 lbs total. Really don't remember how long it took, but it was under a year. Started off with weights and a little cardio (like 15 minutes of HIIT) and following MFP (loosely though as I didn't weigh or anything).
  • kangaroux92
    kangaroux92 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    25 pounds 8 months
  • fswku
    fswku Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    68lbs as of today, losing about 2lbs/week since the end of August. Only break in that is when I switched to maintenance for a couple weeks prior to running my first half-marathon last month. Started out at 1470 calories/day (net), and now I'm at 1200. I log everything like it's my job, and make sure I'm active. You can't outrun a bad diet, but a run CAN give you a little more breathing room in your daily intake. And when you log everything, you start to learn what foods are more satisfying for the amount of calories.

Aside from the scale, my pants used to have a 40" waistline. Now I'm down to a 34. Running more than 30 seconds at a time would leave me completely winded, now I can do five or six miles a day and actually not be useless for the rest of said day. My half-marathon goal was 2:30:00, and I did it in 2:23:23. Not what I'd call fast, but having never run any sort of race before, and beating my goal time by almost seven minutes felt amazing.

If you find that the numbers you're getting for 2lbs/week leave you too hungry at the end of the day, there's nothing wrong with changing it up to aim for 1lb/week, or even 1/2. Losing weight is losing weight, regardless of the timeframe. It didn't get there overnight, so it's not going to disappear overnight. But when you look at the scale in the months to come and see just how much has disappeared...that's a pretty good high by itself. After 20 or 30lbs have gone, you might not notice it in the mirror. But go find something that weights that much. Pick it up. Realize you used to carry that around constantly, and think about how much better it feels without it. If you're losing more than that, do the same thing when you reach your goal to see just how incredibly far you've come. It's an eye-opener for sure, and a pretty positive one, IMO.
  • silverteacup
    silverteacup Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    187 lbs lost in about....20 months steady logging, carefully monitoring my diet and lots of exercise that started with being able to do only 1 minute on any given day for a total of 7 minutes in a week now I can do 500 minutes a week. It was slow and steady progress.
  • mommyvalarie
    mommyvalarie Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    21 pounds since Christmas, but I started losing them faster when I went on the 21 day fix. The name is misleading, I've been on it since February. I think I would have lost more weight if I weren't building muscle...this weekend I did a ropes course with my former gymnast daughter, and I didn't die ( lol) I still weigh over 200, so I never would have tried it if I didn't feel so much stronger. I still have about 70# to go.
  • andympanda
    andympanda Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    about 125 pounds in 16 months
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    Options
    187 lbs lost in about....20 months steady logging, carefully monitoring my diet and lots of exercise that started with being able to do only 1 minute on any given day for a total of 7 minutes in a week now I can do 500 minutes a week. It was slow and steady progress.

I hate you, too. ;) I'm a lazy weight loser, lel.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    30 (33 pounds on a good day) in 11 months. Slow poke.
  • andympanda
    andympanda Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »
    30 (33 pounds on a good day) in 11 months. Slow poke.

This isn't "the biggest loser". This is not a competition. We are all here for the same reason, to become healthier. It is better t o loose slowly and keep it off, then to loose fast and put it back on later. The reason I posted above is to help motivate people to loose, and to help me keep going by stroking my ego.