How much have you lost?

Options

Replies

• fr3smyl
    fr3smyl Posts: 1,418 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    After reading some of the posts here I'm thinking it will take me around 1.5 years to lose the 80lbs I needed to starting in April.

It had been 38 days and I have loss 14 lbs.
    I know the well be plateaus that continue to lentghen but I'm gonna hold off for the whooses. Thank you all!

• fr3smyl
    Options
    earlnabby wrote: »
    16 months to get here so far:
    58841349.png

Whoa! Good for you !
  • ejbronte
    ejbronte Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    22 pounds since mid-December, sticking to around 1200 calories per day, meeting macros as much as I can, and with a lot of walking and light weight-lifting. I have 2 more pounds to go to goal weight.
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,575 Member
    Options
    fr3smyl wrote: »
    I've lost about 13 lbs net in 10 months. I regained a lot over the Thanksgiving/Christmas holidays, then lost it again after. I run a very small deficit to lose slowly to minimize muscle loss and because I don't want a big change when I get to maintenance.

I have lost 11.5 inches (measure arms, thighs, waist and hips)

Did you notice as you went along or were you shocked after looking at numbers?

I measured routinely from the beginning so the inches lost wasn't a big shock. It came off slowly, but I'm okay with slow.
  • FatOldManMN
    FatOldManMN Posts: 1,116 Member
    Options
    54 lbs....9 months
  • wolverine66
    wolverine66 Posts: 3,779 Member
    Options
    i've lost 60lbs in about 2.5 - 3 years. Yes: YEARS -- so for those of you who think you are slow have met their match.

it took me a long time because i refused to change my life all that much. i didn't cut out any foods, i didn't turn into someone who goes to the gym for a couple hours a day.

losing this slowly has been frustrating sometimes, because there were months when the scale just didn't seem to move. But, it was important to me that everything stayed pretty much the same, because that was the best way i could ensure that i would be able to keep it off. So, I continued on....

i could still manage another 5 lbs or so, but i'm at 165 now and it is easily 10-15 less than i weighed in high school
  • dalem48
    dalem48 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    156# in 15 months.
  • fr3smyl
    Options
    i've lost 60lbs in about 2.5 - 3 years. Yes: YEARS -- so for those of you who think you are slow have met their match.

it took me a long time because i refused to change my life all that much. i didn't cut out any foods, i didn't turn into someone who goes to the gym for a couple hours a day.

losing this slowly has been frustrating sometimes, because there were months when the scale just didn't seem to move. But, it was important to me that everything stayed pretty much the same, because that was the best way i could ensure that i would be able to keep it off. So, I continued on....

i could still manage another 5 lbs or so, but i'm at 165 now and it is easily 10-15 less than i weighed in high school

I admire you sticking with it. I have attempted weight loss in the past and simply went of things I found online. Whenever I want losing at a certain rate it my weight seemed to stall I would give up. According to the articles I looked at before coming here, weight loss was linear if you're doing it right.
  • fr3smyl
    Options
    ejbronte wrote: »
    22 pounds since mid-December, sticking to around 1200 calories per day, meeting macros as much as I can, and with a lot of walking and light weight-lifting. I have 2 more pounds to go to goal weight.

Victory so close you can taste it.
  • ejbronte
    ejbronte Posts: 867 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options

Almost literally!!! Chocolate first....

• Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,575 Member
    Options

Nope. My weight loss rate has been slower than that. Even using the full 3 years you averaged 1.6 lbs per month. My average so far is 1.3 per month.
  • fr3smyl
    Options

Almost literally!!! Chocolate first....
    :D
  • gopgirl425
    gopgirl425 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    120 pounds...started in August 2012. Lost most of it the first year. Still planning to lose 20 or so more.
  • MariamMuhammad
    MariamMuhammad Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I've lost 57 lbs in almost 9 months: 30 lbs in the first 3 months or so. After that, I hit a 2 months plateau and lost the other 27 in the last 3-4 months.
  • fr3smyl
    Options
    I've lost 57 lbs in almost 9 months: 30 lbs in the first 3 months or so. After that, I hit a 2 months plateau and lost the other 27 in the last 3-4 months.
    Was the plateau because you were working out or another reason?
  • fr3smyl
    Options
    gopgirl425 wrote: »
    120 pounds...started in August 2012. Lost most of it the first year. Still planning to lose 20 or so more.

Great loss!
  • PrizePopple
    PrizePopple Posts: 3,133 Member
    Options
    39 pounds in 8.5 months. I have 14 pounds to go until my goal weight.
  • MariamMuhammad
    MariamMuhammad Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Was the plateau because you were working out or another reason?

On the contrary, it stopped when I started working out and tracking calories.
    It happened around winter holidays, so it is possible that I was underestimating my intake at the time.

• Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,064 Member
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »
    13 kg (29 lb) in 13 weeks.

All CI<CO.
    Lots of exercise.
    No cheating.

And that includes two mini-plateaus. One when I started ... took me 10 days before I lost anything. And a 2-week one which ended about 3 days ago.

14 kg (30.8 lb) in 14 weeks.