Am I the only one who doesn't count or measure?

Options
1235»

Replies

• NotGnarly
    NotGnarly Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I count points (WW) and weigh and measure almost everything. I am pretty good at eye balling also but I always double check. If not measuring is working for you then definitely continue :)
  • aprilflower18232
    aprilflower18232 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Some people don't want to count calories but they don;t mind starving themselves to lose weight.

I do not starve! I eat 3 meals and 3 snacks everyday
  • rybo
    rybo Posts: 5,424 Member
    Options
    No counting/weighing/measuring here. When I first came hear many years ago that was my primary reason. Got to learn how much I was consuming and where my pitfalls were. After that I would spots check a few days every few months. Now I can't even remember the last time I logged even a spot check. I hang around because I like talking about fitness & nutrition.
  • Kst76
    Kst76 Posts: 935 Member
    Options
    Some people don't want to count calories but they don;t mind starving themselves to lose weight.

Oh I know you do. Like I said twice already, you are doing great and clearly mastered eyeballing!

I am just saying some people, even me at one point, was rather going on some crash diet than counting calories. They wanted to lose like 10 pounds in 2 weeks. Also, many people don't realize they can actually eat anything they want and still lose weight.

• aprilflower18232
    aprilflower18232 Posts: 205 Member
    Options

Oh I know you do. Like I said twice already, you are doing great and clearly mastered eyeballing!

I am

I am just saying some people, even me at one point, was rather going on some crash diet than counting calories. They wanted to lose like 10 pounds in 2 weeks. Also, many people don't realize they can actually eat anything they want and still lose weight.

Thanks! I can easily tell if I start going under by how I feel (it has only happened twice in 2 years). I get very tired and sluggish. I do "estimate" my calories I eat anywhere from 1300-1600 a day
  • G33K_G1RL
    G33K_G1RL Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    I have a bit of a hybrid approach. I weigh everything for my meal prep (meals for the week), which means 60-70% of my calories are weighed and made into recipes.

The other 40 % is stuff I didn't meal prep, so I eyeball it. Restaurants, family meals, etc.

I've been losing more than expected for the last 4 months. Once the loss slows down, I know exactly what to do, but until then, I'll keep up this relaxed approach.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,897 Member
    Options
    I lost weight several times when I was younger without weighing, measuring, or counting calories. These days I need the discipline of keeping track.
  • Zechariahblack
    Zechariahblack Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    forgtmenot wrote: »
    This is a calorie counting site, so naturally most of us count calories...

This
  • Zechariahblack
    Zechariahblack Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I count EVERYTHING. I have a rule - It doesn't pass my lips if I haven't logged it first.
  • bulbadoof
    bulbadoof Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    for the first 100 lbs i didn't need to count or measure.

now i do.
  • Winterlover123
    Winterlover123 Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    I didn't in the beginning, but when I got down to my last fifteen or so pounds, I really had to tighten up my measuring. Knowing "about how many calories" I ate per day wasn't enough. Now that I'm down to my goal weight, I don't weigh foods I've weighed a million times every time, but it's because an easy habit and ensures I'm not eating more than I think.

TLDR: being off by a few calories can make a difference and a food scale removes that chance.

That's exactly what I did. Those last few pounds are tough