My Transformation

Options
TXMary2
TXMary2 Posts: 25 Member
1rctg71y2u4x.jpg

I began a new way of eating - low carb high fat/Ketogenic on 3/3/14. I started at 260 pounds and a size 20w and am now 170 and a size 6/8 depending on the brand.

I am 5'6" and 43 years old. I was a T2 diabetic but no longer am. I no longer have sleep apnea- I sleep well and I can breathe. My teeth feel cleaner, I have more energy than I know what to do with. I feel better than I ever have my whole life. I work every day on keeping my mind right and I view food only as fuel now, not entertainment.

I eat only when I am hungry, not by the clock or because society says it is meal time. This way of eating for me definitely required a paradigm shift because I had to go against what the "experts" were saying. If I listened to the nutritionist my doctor sent me to or followed the guidelines of the ADA I would still be fat, diabetic and addicted. My doctor has informed me I no longer exhibit symptoms of T2 Diabetes. My blood sugars are normal and my A1C was under 5.

I work out by lifting weights and sometimes I do cardio.

Replies

• YummyMummyXox
    YummyMummyXox Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    You look fabulous! I'm 23 and 5'8 and I'm half way there, you've give me inspiration :)
  • Markoss84
    Markoss84 Posts: 1,644 Member
    Options
    Awesome transformation..you are looking hot and a different person...you are such an inspiration to all of us.
  • sperkins68
    sperkins68 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    That is awesome!! Your transformation inspires me, I started my weight loss journey 2 weeks ago and my sw was also 260. My gw 160 but right now I'm just focusing on getting under 200. I went to see my dr about weight loss councelling and she was saying I can never eat pizza again, I can eat as much veggies as I want but can't eat corm peas or potatoes can't eat pinable or grabes no dip with my veggies and so on and so forth, I asked he for an appetite suppresnt because I said with the strick diet she has given me I will still feel hungry she said no I won't lol. So after a day I fealt hungry constantly as she said I could only eat 1200 calories a day... Thn I was searching for a calorie counter app to try not to eat past he 1200 calories and I found MFP and am so glad I did because it said I could eat 1630 calories and I have been eating thing I want staying in my calorie range and have lost 6lbs so far not following the diet the dr gave me because like you said with yours I wouldn't of been able to do it. I'm glad to see someone else who appears to have gone through the same thing!
  • leighqt
    leighqt Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    You go girl
  • taliasometimes
    taliasometimes Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    brilliant!
  • mmnv79
    mmnv79 Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    Very well done!
  • believeinme0430
    believeinme0430 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Amazing job!
  • leaphartmallorye
    leaphartmallorye Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    U look awesome . I was having a bad day but u just motivated me to keep striving . Thank you !
  • fastforlife1
    fastforlife1 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    You are gorgeous!
  • dredremeg
    dredremeg Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Girl you did it. All I can say is Wow!
  • enterdanger
    enterdanger Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    You look great. Very inspiring.
  • erojoy
    erojoy Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic! I'm very interested in Keto, but have no idea how to get started. Do you have any pointers? If so can you message me directly?
  • mmghanna1
    mmghanna1 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    You look amazing! Great job.
  • neogramps
    neogramps Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Amazing job - well done!
  • wolf39us
    wolf39us Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    OP: Any tips on easy keto meals? I'm thinking eggs, sausage, ground beef, chicken etc. What did you normally eat?
  • JamieM8168
    JamieM8168 Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Great job!!
  • agbmom556
    agbmom556 Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    Yeah!! :)
  • goatherdr1
    goatherdr1 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I am a newbie! Considering the low carb hi fat. Is there anywhere to see your food entries for inspiration??
  • kmg3614
    kmg3614 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Congrats!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!