MFP helped me figure out why

Options

Replies

• AbnormalSymmetry
    AbnormalSymmetry Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    We have such crap tv shows.

I posted earlier on a hilarious prank a scientist did to prove professors can be full of crap and no one responded.

Someone posts "guess the size of my ding dong," 24 responses.

Thank you MFP, you helped me understand the world a bit better.

I just didn't have anything clever to say.
  • _incogNEATo_
    _incogNEATo_ Posts: 4,537 Member
    Options
    Chaelaz wrote: »
    Actually, ALL topics can garner interest if you just change your profile picture to cleavage or lingerie. Also, flirt more.

You really want to move up, use LOTS of innuendo.

I, of course, do NOT do any of that. I do not need, nor do I seek attention or nude pictures from women unless they send them...today...sometime....But I am not into that.

Wait, who are you again? Are you new?

It's a good thing you're above all that and don't stoop so low, says the guy without a shirt on is his profile pic.

0VhvbuF.gif
  • AbnormalSymmetry
    AbnormalSymmetry Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    LOL the world is full of interesting people! Yuk on the dogs ding dong post! I wouldn't want to be the one guessing or checking. I can only handle facebook in very small doses. I have seen so many nasty post and I thought my small circle of friends was pretty "normal" I guess everyone just like to keep things a bit interesting :) I hope MFP is doing a lot of other good stuff for you though. I know I would love to see more weight coming off myself, I will continue plugging away. I found some awesome workout DVD's at lawn sales this past weekend 25 CENTS each! Some were dance arobic and a couple of P90 work outs. I am a Denise Austin kind of gal myself. I recently purchased Jillians one week Shred, ( just haven't really got into that one yet though) A momma friend from the local library loaned me her copy of Linsay Brins postnatal boot camp and I am really enjoying that. I might purchase a copy of my own from Amazon, I like it that much! Thanks for the giggles! You have a great day :)

That was a lot of information.

25 cents? Get out
  • zipppee
    zipppee Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    jaatree wrote: »
    zipppee wrote: »
    Your thread stuck out like a sore thumb.

You got it? Lol :p

No. :#

Now please, elaborate in excruciating detail.
  • CJisinShape
    CJisinShape Posts: 1,404 Member
    Options

LOL the world is full of interesting people! Yuk on the dogs ding dong post! I wouldn't want to be the one guessing or checking. I can only handle facebook in very small doses. I have seen so many nasty post and I thought my small circle of friends was pretty "normal" I guess everyone just like to keep things a bit interesting :) I hope MFP is doing a lot of other good stuff for you though. I know I would love to see more weight coming off myself, I will continue plugging away. I found some awesome workout DVD's at lawn sales this past weekend 25 CENTS each! Some were dance arobic and a couple of P90 work outs. I am a Denise Austin kind of gal myself. I recently purchased Jillians one week Shred, ( just haven't really got into that one yet though) A momma friend from the local library loaned me her copy of Linsay Brins postnatal boot camp and I am really enjoying that. I might purchase a copy of my own from Amazon, I like it that much! Thanks for the giggles! You have a great day :)

Someone needs more time with adult humans. Classic Mommy Brain Dump Syndrome. :sad:

:D:D

Don't feel bad, Mommy of 4, happens to the best of us. Remember, you are doing an important job raising kids. Plus consider the source. Leut_underpants didn't even think to make himself a captain.
  • CJisinShape
    Options
    Chaelaz wrote: »
    Actually, ALL topics can garner interest if you just change your profile picture to cleavage or lingerie. Also, flirt more.

You really want to move up, use LOTS of innuendo.

I, of course, do NOT do any of that. I do not need, nor do I seek attention or nude pictures from women unless they send them...today...sometime....But I am not into that.

Wait, who are you again? Are you new?

It's a good thing you're above all that and don't stoop so low, says the guy without a shirt on is his profile pic.

0VhvbuF.gif

You....friend me. Because you are hilarious.

• wolverine66
    wolverine66 Posts: 3,779 Member
    Options
    i don't understand how forum threads relate to television.

you know, sometimes, something as simple as "time of day" can effect the number of responses too. if you post a topic while another one or two are popular, some people don't scour for topics but just refresh one thread.

regardless, i don't think insulting everyone is a good way to garner responses to your intellectual thread.
  • no_pink_skirts
    no_pink_skirts Posts: 914 Member
    Options
    I don't think it's necessarily insulting to note that we used to have shows like Mr. Wizard and now we have garbage like 19 kids and counting. The history channel doesn't even show history anymore!
  • CJisinShape
    Options

you know, sometimes, something as simple as "time of day" can effect the number of responses too. if you post a topic while another one or two are popular, some people don't scour for topics but just refresh one thread.

regardless, i don't think insulting everyone is a good way to garner responses to your intellectual thread.

Alrighty then.

1) Both relate to popularity of ideas, hence ratings.

2) I was making a joke.

3) I was making a joke.

P.S. Don't take it so seriously. Because #2 and #3.
  • blue_eyes1978
    blue_eyes1978 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Yep I'll stay classy because that's what good mommas do! :wink: The stress isn't worth it!
  • _incogNEATo_
    Options
    Yep I'll stay classy because that's what good mommas do! :wink: The stress isn't worth it!

Do forum threads on the internet truly stress you out?
  • wolverine66
    Options
    I don't think it's necessarily insulting to note that we used to have shows like Mr. Wizard and now we have garbage like 19 kids and counting. The history channel doesn't even show history anymore!

"Mr. Wizard" was a children's program, and "19 and Counting" is not a children's program. Being a parent of a 4 year old who frequently has children's programming on, i can tell you that there are some pretty good shows, that are interesting and educational. I can list them if you'd like.

That said, with the multitude of channels available, the quality of programming across the board is not great - but there are good things out there.

I wasn't necessarily saying that pointing it out was insulting. What I was saying is that intimating to all the users of these forums that they are so simple/dumb that they cannot appreciate his thread about a scientists prank and let it fall by the wayside is insulting.

• CJisinShape
    Options

Alrighty then.

1) Both relate to popularity of ideas, hence ratings.

2) I was making a joke.

3) I was making a joke.

P.S. Don't take it so seriously. Because #2 and #3.

Just remember the next time you try to post something on the Chit Chat, Fun and Games forum, watch it with the jokes, ok?

Noted, thanks. ;)
  • wolverine66
    Options

On the contrary, insulting someone seems to keep a thread going. It will eventually get shut down by the mods too. But it certainly seems more popular that way.

smelly-pirate-hooker.gif

good point. i have seen a lot of piling on in threads.

• CJisinShape
    Options

"Mr. Wizard" was a children's program, and "19 and Counting" is not a children's program. Being a parent of a 4 year old who frequently has children's programming on, i can tell you that there are some pretty good shows, that are interesting and educational. I can list them if you'd like.

That said, with the multitude of channels available, the quality of programming across the board is not great - but there are good things out there.

I wasn't necessarily saying that pointing it out was insulting. What I was saying is that intimating to all the users of these forums that they are so simple/dumb that they cannot appreciate his thread about a scientists prank and let it fall by the wayside is insulting.

Somebody, quick! Get this woman a violin!
  • _incogNEATo_
    Options

Somebody, quick! Get this woman a violin!

Pretty sure you're trying to insult HIM even more?
  • zipppee
    zipppee Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    "The lady doth protest too much, methinks"