Replies

• JSurita2
    JSurita2 Posts: 1,304 Member
    Options
    In for the insults....not the jokes. :D
  • CJisinShape
    CJisinShape Posts: 1,404 Member
    Options
    I don't think it's necessarily insulting to note that we used to have shows like Mr. Wizard and now we have garbage like 19 kids and counting. The history channel doesn't even show history anymore!

"Mr. Wizard" was a children's program, and "19 and Counting" is not a children's program. Being a parent of a 4 year old who frequently has children's programming on, i can tell you that there are some pretty good shows, that are interesting and educational. I can list them if you'd like.

That said, with the multitude of channels available, the quality of programming across the board is not great - but there are good things out there.

I wasn't necessarily saying that pointing it out was insulting. What I was saying is that intimating to all the users of these forums that they are so simple/dumb that they cannot appreciate his thread about a scientists prank and let it fall by the wayside is insulting.

Somebody, quick! Get this woman a violin!

Pretty sure you're trying to insult HIM even more?

Uh, no. Usually if someone is insulted when no insult was thrown, it's usually a lady. (Sorry ladies). But, a quick peruse over at wolverine's page, and I see now he was just sticking up for the ladies of MFP, in case they might have been offended. I appreciate your style, wolverine.

• blue_eyes1978
    blue_eyes1978 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Yep I'll stay classy because that's what good mommas do! :wink: The stress isn't worth it!

Do forum threads on the internet truly stress you out?

Not necessarily, I seen someone point out that because of my long response that I was a classic example of brain dump mommy. Lack of human conversation. So I said I would stay classy... lol Stressing while losing weight just isn't worth it. I have 4 children and plan on rocking my hot pink bikini this summer! I can laugh with the best of them but am smart enough to let it roll off my back to just wasn't going away with out adding my 2 CENTS :) LMAO!!
  • wolverine66
    wolverine66 Posts: 3,779 Member
    Options
    I don't think it's necessarily insulting to note that we used to have shows like Mr. Wizard and now we have garbage like 19 kids and counting. The history channel doesn't even show history anymore!

"Mr. Wizard" was a children's program, and "19 and Counting" is not a children's program. Being a parent of a 4 year old who frequently has children's programming on, i can tell you that there are some pretty good shows, that are interesting and educational. I can list them if you'd like.

That said, with the multitude of channels available, the quality of programming across the board is not great - but there are good things out there.

I wasn't necessarily saying that pointing it out was insulting. What I was saying is that intimating to all the users of these forums that they are so simple/dumb that they cannot appreciate his thread about a scientists prank and let it fall by the wayside is insulting.

This coming from someone who started a separate thread complaining that his other thread wasn't getting enough attention?

Ok, then.
  • blue_eyes1978
    Options
    Yep I'll stay classy because that's what good mommas do! :wink: The stress isn't worth it!

Not necessarily, I seen someone point out that because of my long response that I was a classic example of brain dump mommy. Lack of human conversation. So I said I would stay classy... lol Stressing while losing weight just isn't worth it. I have 4 children and plan on rocking my hot pink bikini this summer! I can laugh with the best of them but am smart enough to let it roll off my back to just wasn't going away with out adding my 2 CENTS :) LMAO!!

Not to worry, I was only giving you a bit of grief. My apologies. :flowerforyou:

You're very kind! Thanks
  • JSurita2
    Options

This coming from someone who started a separate thread complaining that his other thread wasn't getting enough attention?

Ok, then.

lol, yeah really.
  • JSurita2
    edited May 2015
    Options

There actually was a lot of information in that post but good for you for having a good attitude. Message boards on the internet is no place for the "thin skinned".

*edited - meant to say post not thread.
  • blue_eyes1978
    Options
    JSurita2 wrote: »

There actually was a lot of information in that post but good for you for having a good attitude. Message boards on the internet is no place for the "thin skinned".

*edited - meant to say post not thread.

:) I am enjoying MFP :)

• CJisinShape
    Options

Ok, then.

OK, glad you're on board!
  • Cindy4FunFit
    Cindy4FunFit Posts: 2,732 Member
    Options

Uh, no. Usually if someone is insulted when no insult was thrown, it's usually a lady. (Sorry ladies). But, a quick peruse over at wolverine's page, and I see now he was just sticking up for the ladies of MFP, in case they might have been offended. I appreciate your style, wolverine.

....Runs off to create mean people thread.....so insulted....crying & rocking self

cuxwxulught0.jpg

• Cindy4FunFit
    Options
    Oh, wait.....

yrrb2ji5wcwr.jpg
  • CJisinShape
    Options

....Runs off to create mean people thread.....so insulted....crying & rocking self

cuxwxulught0.jpg

:D:D
  • CJisinShape
    Options
    Oh, wait.....

yrrb2ji5wcwr.jpg

And yet you thought enough to tell us your true feelings. And find an appropriate meme for it. Thank you for sharing.

• Cindy4FunFit
    Options
    I lied about my feelings.
  • Cindy4FunFit
    edited May 2015
    Options
    wgtkbg88wzci.jpg

• JoReddBowe
    JoReddBowe Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I've been apparently wasting lunch breaks on the boring threads. Thanks for a sarcastic, joke-and-dong filled afternoon, friends!
  • Cindy4FunFit
    Options
    atmt196qfvhj.jpg
  • CJisinShape
    Options

I lied about my feelings.

You seem to have a lot of time on your hands. Pinterest awaits.

P.S., just being silly...no intendo to insulto