So much sugar in watermelon

Options
124»

Replies

• Joreanasaurous
    Joreanasaurous Posts: 1,384 Member
    Options
    Nope. Ton of sugar.

I can't have them around too often. Because I'm of the mind that if you cut one open you have to eat it before it goes bad, and they don't store... :D

You see the problem when it's a 10# watermelon and there is just two of us.

At least there are 2 of you! There is just one of me and I have the same mentality. Lol.

Watermellon is a special summertime treat for hot days as far as I am concerned. I don't eat it all the time and I'm not diabetic so I'm not too worried about the sugar content.
  • rachso
    rachso Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    I had 3-4 watermelon "slenders" for breakfast today. Well worth every bit of sugar I consumed!
  • NonnyMary
    NonnyMary Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    Yes Watermelon is higher in sugar...some of us (like me) are sugar addicts. and if I eat to much fruit even thought it's "natural sugar" it triggers cravings, triggers me to over eat, etc.... so those of you who don't have a problem with that, wouldn't understand.

I want to ask you about your comment. I understand the trigger foods, because some things do that for me. But would it work if you ate the watermelon and then felt the triggers, just dont give in to the triggers. That way you could enjoy watermelon and then not have to go that extra inch and eat a trigger food. I have trigger foods, but they are fattening food like fudge. but to not eat a watermelon because it is sweet and makes me crave a candy bar, that seems like the problem is NOT the watermelon, but the fact that you or me go eat the next "bad" sweet thing like fudge.
  • Mommy_Time
    Mommy_Time Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    sugar in watermelon is not the same at table sugar. i don't pay attention to sugar amounts in my fruits or veggies too much.
  • chandanista
    chandanista Posts: 986 Member
    Options
    I used to not eat breakfast. Now I eat seasonal fruits and veggies, with a yogurt, every morning for breakfast (except today, I had two 4" pancakes). Anyway, since I've started doing that my weight loss has been amazing. Watermelon cubes measured into baggies are a BIG part of this month's plan for me. I go over on my sugar allotment pretty much every day, I just look back to make sure the majority of it is fruit and move on.

The day eating watermelon makes me fat is the day I throw in the towel on this whole lifestyle change. Raw fruits and vegg are just too big a replacement food for me.