Need 1,200 cal friends

Options
13»

Replies

• TraciRazz
    TraciRazz Posts: 12
    Options
    I tried to stick between 1200 and 1500 depending on my exercise level for the day. I'm short though, only 5‘2" with about 35 more pounds to lose. Feel free to add me, I appreciate the support as well!
  • Mellenu
    Mellenu Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Advice can be supportive. I think he was just trying to help like he said. Maybe the guy who's lost crap load of weight knows what he's talking about. He obviously had done something right....and it IS a public forum.
  • dgagnon62
    dgagnon62 Posts: 12
    Options
    I feel the same way.....I started at 1200 and told my husband that I am having trouble eating this much food, and he laughed. My problem was the lack of me eating, so having to eat, was a problem.....feels like this is a lot of food, and I am losing weight! I don't open my food diary to people, because I used to get reactions, like some people on here, saying that this wasn't enough food, etc, so I stopped, and didn't want to hear it. I am eating what mfp says I should, they set me at 1200, I am short, and doing great! Would love friends in the same boat! :blushing:
  • deeksha_s
    deeksha_s Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Hey, Im currently on 1260 cals/day plus I eat my exercise calories. Feel free to add me.
  • Sylvitryinghard
    Sylvitryinghard Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    Im on 1200 cal. as well. Started on monday. Never had so much weight on like now and def. gonna change that.
    Add me so we can support each other :) motivaaaaaaaaation motivation motivation :D
    34 years
    5.9 tall
    81 kg
    wanna lose like 10 kg.
  • Lauren_JustStrong
    Lauren_JustStrong Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I am on the 1200 calorie diet and anyone who wants to share diet secrets, weight loss success, talk about the weight loss struggles --add me!
  • rhia575
    rhia575 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    everybody is different with how many calories you need. 1200 is very low for most people. unless you a short AND don't exercise, you are literally screwing up your results putting your body into starvation mode. PM if you want to know more. I deal with this for LOTS of people. For some reason, almost everyone seems to think they all need this magic 1200 calories or the lower the better. THIS IS NOT TRUE and will harm you.
    oh godddddd she didnt ask for your unsolicited opinion!!!

Thanks babydiego87 :)

I really don't think he meant it in a rude way, i'm no expert but it is true depending on your height/exercise level with not enough calories your body will know this and your work won't be as effective
    it's honestly sound advice
  • Pizzaterian
    Pizzaterian Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Brand new, as of today so I have no idea how well this is going to work. I have been placed at 1,200 which makes me nervous, reading everyone say it's difficult. Today is day one. We'll see what happens. Anyone who would like to add me to provide/receive support, please feel free.
  • alison590
    alison590 Posts: 61
    Options
    I love how these trolls see this headline and come in here to give their unsolicited advice. They do it all the time! I'm glad you are getting mostly positive answered and hopefully finding friends who are similar to you. I eat between 1200-1500 and I'm 5"3. Feel free to add me :)
  • EnviousDan
    EnviousDan Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I'm with Josh on this one, 1,200 calories is too low for anyone. Especially if you live any kind of active life or plan on doing exercise. The simple science is your body needs proper nutrition to function. You could easily bump that up to 1400-1500 as long as you were eating healthy. He's not saying add a slice of pizza each day. He's saying eat a few more healty things to fuel both your body and your weight loss.

Just keep in mind how many hundreds of threads show up every week saying "1,200 calories and I have no energy" "1,200 calories and I'm losing no weight" and "1,200 calories but I'm losing all my muscle definition."

Best wishes!
  • cherryd69
    cherryd69 Posts: 340
    Options
    People can freely add me, im at 1290 a day, although i do eat back some of my workouts.

I have a lot more to lose than some of you though lol :)
  • EnviousDan
    Options
    I love how these trolls see this headline and come in here to give their unsolicited advice. They do it all the time! I'm glad you are getting mostly positive answered and hopefully finding friends who are similar to you. I eat between 1200-1500 and I'm 5"3. Feel free to add me :)

People are giving polite advice. I don't think "troll" means what you think it means. And it's a weight loss forum, why in the world would you be shocked by people giving their advice and opinion?
  • deeluvly
    deeluvly Posts: 7
    Options
    I got used to 2,650, as much as 2,800 a day. I've been stuck at the same weight. I do believe I will lose weight if I get down to 1,200. I changed my goal to 1,000 calories. Feel free to add me.
  • alison590
    alison590 Posts: 61
    Options
    I don't believe the OP was looking for your "advice". They were looking for supportive friends who eat 1200. Many people do and are actually losing weight and doing fine. If you eat healthy foods you can actually fit in quite a lot with 1200 calories.
  • EnviousDan
    Options
    Well that's fine. Your "advice" of eating healthy foods to fit a lot into 1200 is great if it works for you. I'm just not sure why they freaked out on him for offering his 2 cents. On a health forum. About weight loss. His attitude was clearly just trying to be helpful.
  • YesIAmMegan
    Options
    I was put on a 1,200 cal diet by my dietician, so far so good!! You can add if you'd like :)
  • Kiss_Her_Act
    Options
    You Can Add Me..According MFP I have to eat 1200
  • MaydayParadeGirl
    MaydayParadeGirl Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    I'm with Josh on this one, 1,200 calories is too low for anyone. Especially if you live any kind of active life or plan on doing exercise. The simple science is your body needs proper nutrition to function. You could easily bump that up to 1400-1500 as long as you were eating healthy. He's not saying add a slice of pizza each day. He's saying eat a few more healty things to fuel both your body and your weight loss.

Just keep in mind how many hundreds of threads show up every week saying "1,200 calories and I have no energy" "1,200 calories and I'm losing no weight" and "1,200 calories but I'm losing all my muscle definition."

Best wishes!

You can't really say that it doesn't work for anyone. I'm walking every where I go and I'm losing weight and only just hitting that mark. Granted I do admit that when I start working out more I plan on adding a few more calories but I'm not anymore tired than I always have been and i'm losing weight. If they are just starting out you should really let them get a feel for the whole keeping track of calories thing, and when they jump into exercising they will look back at this and see what you've said.
  • kimbelling
    kimbelling Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I thought it was valid advice!