Need a miracle

Options
Trying to lose 100 pounds by July 2 for my sister wedding

Replies

• sofaking6
    sofaking6 Posts: 4,589 Member
    Options
    1 whole leg and both forearms might do it?
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    Lolz. No.
  • MalibuBarbie2015
    MalibuBarbie2015 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I know with dedication anything is possible :)
  • randomtai
    Options
    I know with dedication anything is possible :)

Even flying?
  • MalibuBarbie2015
    Options
    If that's what you choose to do
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Options
    That is unlikely even with surgery or liposuction. Seriously, don't even try it. You'll just end up sickly with drab hair and skin.

Exercising in the time you have will likely provide the best change in your overall figure that you can hope for in such a short time.
  • rugbyphreak
    rugbyphreak Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    If you stop eating, drink nothing but water, and quit your job so that you can work out all day long, you may be able to do it. Unfortunately, you'll probably be in a coma by the wedding, but hey, you'll look hot in that hospital gown.
  • RunTimer
    RunTimer Posts: 9,137 Member
    Options
    I know a woman who lost 220 lbs in one afternoon.....

She divorced her husband.

Sorry, bad, and old joke, but seriously I don't know how this is possible (and even if it were, healthy)

I recommend you enjoy the wedding as you are, and set longer reaching, healthy goals (and to do so for your own sake, not for the sake of any wedding photo or dress.

Cheers!
  • MrDisk
    MrDisk Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    How heavy are you right now? What's your height and goal weight? Knowing that it would be easier to determine a realistic goal for 6 weeks.
  • MalibuBarbie2015
    Options
    I am 40lbs away from my goal
  • MalibuBarbie2015
    Options
    Been on this journey for about six months
  • randomtai
    Options
    @sofaking6 do me a favor and shut the *kitten* up

escalated.gif
  • MrDisk
    MrDisk Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Oh ok, so it will be 100lbs total? The first post is very misleading. It sounds like you wanted to lose the weight in an incredibly short time span.
  • bostonwolf
    bostonwolf Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    Liposuction. Maybe. Otherwise that just isn't physiologically possible.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options

No reason to be rude. You came here with a hilarious wish and got an answer just as hilarious.
  • JamesSmedley
    JamesSmedley Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Look, its pretty much impossible to achieve that with such a short period of time BUT start losing weight NOW and you could easily achieve 14 lb by then. I know this doesn't seem like much but actually that would be a hell of a good start to a diet, and then after the wedding its up to you to lose the rest. 100lb is very achievable, but you need more time. Good luck
  • Arliah
    Arliah Posts: 266 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    To lose 1 lbs, you need to create a calorie deficit of 3500.
    If you want to lose 100 lbs in 6 weeks, that's 16 lbs in a week, and that would come to a weekly calorie deficit of 58300 calories (give or take, of course, if my calculator isn't lying to me).

I'm with the others: No

If you are overweight, a 2 lbs loss per week is sustainable and healthy. In the beginning, you may see a bigger drop, but that's most likely water weight.

But, as MrDisk pointed out, your stats will determine the most realistic goal.

Edit: Even with the new info (40 lbs til July), the same deficit rule applies.
  • scottacular
    scottacular Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    If you tried to lose that much, that quickly, you'd either end up in hospital or in a morgue.
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Options
    I am 40lbs away from my goal

Wait, what? Why do you want to lose 100 if you are 40 lbs from goal?
  • scottacular
    scottacular Posts: 597 Member
    Options

No reason to be rude. You came here with a hilarious wish and got an answer just as hilarious.

Aww dang, I was going to say something like that. I'd say that response was a lot more serious and credible than the original post.