Need a miracle

Options

Replies

• DanniB423
    DanniB423 Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    @sofaking6 do me a favor and shut the *kitten* up

You are so charming. I can totally see why you are a part of the big day! Seriously. Do your best until then and enjoy yourself.
  • shadowloss
    shadowloss Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    This should be good! PEANUTS......... POPCORN.........COTTON CANDY........
  • Iron_Feline
    Iron_Feline Posts: 10,750 Member
    Options
    I am 40lbs away from my goal

Wait, what? Why do you want to lose 100 if you are 40 lbs from goal?

SO this.

Also even 40lbs in 5 weeks is ridiculous if that's all you have to lose.
  • Diondk
    Diondk Posts: 159 Member
    Options

she wants to lose 100 in total, she is 40 LBS aways from reaching the 100 goal?
    Thats what i am thinking.

if she needs 40 LBS to go she has exact 6 more weeks from today. that would be 6.666666666 lbs a week.
    I dont think its possible

• Holly_Roman_Empire
    Holly_Roman_Empire Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    nope.gif
  • sullus
    sullus Posts: 2,839 Member
    Options
    Diondk wrote: »

she wants to lose 100 in total, she is 40 LBS aways from reaching the 100 goal?
    Thats what i am thinking.

if she needs 40 LBS to go she has exact 6 more weeks from today. that would be 6.666666666 lbs a week.
    I dont think its possible

Profile says she has 135 to lose .. no friends .. new profile .. we all know what's going on here ..
  • MalibuBarbie2015
    MalibuBarbie2015 Posts: 10 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    @Diondk exactly thanks for breaking it down so that other people can understand
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    I know with dedication anything is possible :)

Maybe you should've tried starting a year ago.
  • sullus
    sullus Posts: 2,839 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    @Diondk exactly thanks for breaking it down so that other people can't understand

He definitely helped me not understand better.
  • MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
    Options
    Do yourself a favor and either
    a) eat healthy, exercise, and attend the wedding knowing that these people care more about you than they do your size
    b) decline attending the wedding, if the only thing they care about is the size of YOUR dress. (which is highly unlikely)

Do your sister a favor, pick a) and drop this overly aggressive goal.

She doesn't need you passing out at her wedding because you starved yourself to get to a goal weight. It's her wedding, all eyes should (and will) be on her.

• MireyGal76
    Options
    mir·a·cle
    ˈmirək(ə)l/
    noun
    a surprising and welcome event that is not explicable by natural or scientific laws and is therefore considered to be the work of a divine agency.
    "the miracle of rising from the grave"
    synonyms: wonder, marvel, sensation, phenomenon, supernatural phenomenon, mystery
    i_pray_to_cheesus-8960.jpg
  • debsdoingthis
    debsdoingthis Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    Why, Why for crying out loud are there suddenly so many threads for losing ridiculous amount of weight or burning stupid amounts of calories in a short time? Seriously, did people just wake up from a coma yesterday and realize summer is only a few weeks away? SMFH!
  • Arliah
    Arliah Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    Why, Why for crying out loud are there suddenly so many threads for losing ridiculous amount of weight or burning stupid amounts of calories in a short time? Seriously, did people just wake up from a coma yesterday and realize summer is only a few weeks away? SMFH!

Pool season starts this weekend! :P I am still waiting for a thread on "How to lose 20 lbs before Memorial Day".
  • bostonwolf
    bostonwolf Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    Arliah wrote: »
    To lose 1 lbs, you need to create a calorie deficit of 3500.
    If you want to lose 100 lbs in 6 weeks, that's 16 lbs in a week, and that would come to a weekly calorie deficit of 58300 calories (give or take, of course, if my calculator isn't lying to me).

I'm with the others: No

If you are overweight, a 2 lbs loss per week is sustainable and healthy. In the beginning, you may see a bigger drop, but that's most likely water weight.

But, as MrDisk pointed out, your stats will determine the most realistic goal.

Edit: Even with the new info (40 lbs til July), the same deficit rule applies.

that's about right. Breaking it down doesn't make it any more possible.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    You overlooked one or two responses, OP, in your abuse flagging :*
  • Arliah
    Arliah Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    bostonwolf wrote: »
    To lose 1 lbs, you need to create a calorie deficit of 3500.
    If you want to lose 100 lbs in 6 weeks, that's 16 lbs in a week, and that would come to a weekly calorie deficit of 58300 calories (give or take, of course, if my calculator isn't lying to me).

I'm with the others: No

If you are overweight, a 2 lbs loss per week is sustainable and healthy. In the beginning, you may see a bigger drop, but that's most likely water weight.

But, as MrDisk pointed out, your stats will determine the most realistic goal.

Edit: Even with the new info (40 lbs til July), the same deficit rule applies.

that's about right. Breaking it down doesn't make it any more possible.

Oh I know, I was just trying to give her an idea.
    If breaking it down would make it feasible, then I would break down everything into numbers all the time!
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    And the rage flagging begins!!!!

GRRR *push* flag... grrr!!! WHY CAN'T I FLAG MORE THAN ONCE!!! Grrr!!!!!!!
  • debsdoingthis
    Options

Pool season starts this weekend! :P I am still waiting for a thread on "How to lose 20 lbs before Memorial Day".
    LOL, Right! Long weekend on the way. Oh and by the way, couldn't care less about getting that flag from whoever. My bu**$it reservoir is filled to the max and if it spills over on you, it's your own da*n fault.

• debsdoingthis
    Options
    MireyGal76 wrote: »
    a) eat healthy, exercise, and attend the wedding knowing that these people care more about you than they do your size
    b) decline attending the wedding, if the only thing they care about is the size of YOUR dress. (which is highly unlikely)

She doesn't need you passing out at her wedding because you starved yourself to get to a goal weight. It's her wedding, all eyes should (and will) be on her.
    WOW, how was this response flag worthy? Very reasonable observation and advice.
  • MireyGal76
    Options
    MireyGal76 wrote: »

WOW, how was this response flag worthy? Very reasonable observation and advice.

Because it's not helpful in getting her to goal! Even if goal is dangerous and unreasonable.