Need a miracle

Options
13»

Replies

• Lisa1971
    Lisa1971 Posts: 3,069 Member
    Options
    Why, Why for crying out loud are there suddenly so many threads for losing ridiculous amount of weight or burning stupid amounts of calories in a short time? Seriously, did people just wake up from a coma yesterday and realize summer is only a few weeks away? SMFH!

Love the pittie in your avatar! My pit is black and white.

• randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    Someone is mad...

latest?cb=20131219211820
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Options
    Who might be doing all the flagging and why? Dont they like what they hear?
  • ihad
    ihad Posts: 7,462 Member
    Options
    Why, Why for crying out loud are there suddenly so many threads for losing ridiculous amount of weight or burning stupid amounts of calories in a short time? Seriously, did people just wake up from a coma yesterday and realize summer is only a few weeks away? SMFH!

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/ihad/view/all-this-has-happened-before-739381
  • MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
    Options
    ihad wrote: »

epic-win.jpg?w=209&h=243
  • chivalryder
    chivalryder Posts: 4,391 Member
    Options
    I feel like this is a good place to put this gif:

99A.gif?3776
  • debsdoingthis
    debsdoingthis Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    MireyGal76 wrote: »
    ihad wrote: »

epic-win.jpg?w=209&h=243
    LOL agreed, That was bang on!

• debsdoingthis
    debsdoingthis Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    Lisa1971 wrote: »

Love the pittie in your avatar! My pit is black and white.
    Thanks, Mine is black with white chest but the one in the pic could be her fathers twin.

• MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    carry on...
  • PrizePopple
    PrizePopple Posts: 3,133 Member
    Options
    giphy.gif

Comedy gold. All of this. Keep it up folks!!
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    randomtai wrote: »
    Someone is mad...

latest?cb=20131219211820

Snort!
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    This is a joke, right? No way in hell anyone believes it's possible to lose 100lb in a month and a half. Not even with starvation diets could you do that. Come on.
    999tigger wrote: »
    Who might be doing all the flagging and why? Dont they like what they hear?

Probably. Guarantee you the Mad Flagger is OP.

Well, she'll eventually learn that you get dinged for abusing the flag system.
  • amgibson1980
    amgibson1980 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    OMG! 60 lbs lost. That is amazing! Kudos to you for coming this far. I agree with some of the other posts; you should look to set a reasonable goal for the remaining time you have until the wedding. Even if you don't lose another pound, your family won't be able to help but look at you and see what a great job you are doing. Even a 10 lb. loss is quite noticeable. What kind of dieting/exercising are you doing now?

Losing 10-15 lbs. before the wedding would be a reasonable goal. You might even be able to lose 20 and be okay depending on what your starting point is today. People will lose weight at different rates depending on how big they are initially. Do you even need to lose 40 lbs at all? Sometimes we set unrealistic expectations for ourselves. Keep in mind, as we age, we carry weight a lot differently. I was 140 lbs in high school, but if I weighed that now I would probably look sick.

Just stay positive. Take a realistic look at yourself and your goals. And when you think that 10 or 15 lbs isn't enough, pick up a dumb bell with that same amount of weight and do a few sets. Ask yourself after the third set if 10/15 lbs isn't enough. Remember, that's that much less weight you'll be carrying on your butt!

Good luck to you!
  • sofaking6
    sofaking6 Posts: 4,589 Member
    Options
    Do yourself a favor and either
    a) eat healthy, exercise, and attend the wedding knowing that these people care more about you than they do your size
    b) decline attending the wedding, if the only thing they care about is the size of YOUR dress. (which is highly unlikely)

Do your sister a favor, pick a) and drop this overly aggressive goal.

She doesn't need you passing out at her wedding because you starved yourself to get to a goal weight. It's her wedding, all eyes should (and will) be on her.
    WOW, how was this response flag worthy? Very reasonable observation and advice.

Because it's not helpful in getting her to goal! Even if goal is dangerous and unreasonable.

In fairness, mine was the only suggestion that might have worked.