Chocolate cake for breakfast helps you lose weight

Options
2»

Replies

• spoonyspork
    spoonyspork Posts: 238 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    <--- in! (though my sweet in the morning is coffee which I've started adding honey to. OMG where have you been all my life, coffee with honey? My day ends with cake if it's in the house though!)

*edit* LOL at the study: "they both ate the same number of calories" followed by "the cravings caused the other group to cheat" ... so then they were NOT eating the same number of calories. Derp. XD
  • Lasmartchika
    Lasmartchika Posts: 3,440 Member
    Options
    OBVIOUSLY!!! :+1:

giphy.gif
  • PeachyCarol
    PeachyCarol Posts: 8,029 Member
    Options
    The cake in the picture looked yummy.

I'm totally team moderation, but breakfast and I? We're not friends. I'm an 18:6 IF'er who doesn't eat until noon. The stuff about hormones and breakfast that were stated in the article were all a YMMV thing. Eating breakfast--cake or no cake, just sets me up to want food all day. Delaying breakfast? My appetite hormones are in check.

Sort of a tangent from where this thread has gone, but it did bring up the breakfast/hunger hormone issue.
  • FitForL1fe
    FitForL1fe Posts: 1,872 Member
    Options
    OBVIOUSLY!!! :+1:

giphy.gif

K2LS5CJ.gif
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    My perception is that I don't do well with sweeter breakfasts and most easily moderate sweet consumption when I have them at night (immediately after dinner), but I do enjoy the occasional pancakes, eggs, and bacon weekend breakfast. Rarely have it because of the calorie bomb (usually would eat in lieu of lunch as well as for breakfast), but perhaps this is an excuse to experiment with it on the the holiday weekend!
  • aloranger7708
    aloranger7708 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    I've done this before, but not with chocolate cake :p I had a few cookies with my morning coffee (fitting into my daily calories, obviously) and felt like my cravings lessened especially at night.