Options
13»

Replies

• arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »
    Hornsby wrote: »
    One thing to note as well. When you are eating at a deficit and lifting weights or even cycling as one person mentioned, the muscles you already have do become harder when you begin using them. That can make some think they are gaining muscle mass as well.

I didn't know this. Why do they become harder?

When you lose about a thousand pounds or so.

What?
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »
    One thing to note as well. When you are eating at a deficit and lifting weights or even cycling as one person mentioned, the muscles you already have do become harder when you begin using them. That can make some think they are gaining muscle mass as well.

I didn't know this. Why do they become harder?

I have no idea, just from using them? Like when you get a good "pump". That's all I meant.

Oh right. I love the pump.
  • Nony_Mouse
    Nony_Mouse Posts: 5,646 Member
    Options
    kshama2001 wrote: »
    Sun Salutations with chataranga are a great body weight upper body and core workout. I've overdone it from time to time and my triceps and chest complained for days.

Yup, yoga is the bomb. I am way stronger now than I was a few months ago. All yoga. Like, I started a plank challenge at the beginning of the month, and could already hold for 63 seconds (75 or something in extended arm plank, cos that's what I'm used to with yoga). Up to over 2 mins now.

I'm going to chuck the Nerd Fitness workout into the mix too though, because I definitely need to be working my butt and thighs more. I also remember now why I'd been meaning to save a milk container!
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,180 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    I used to be a bodybuilder and have always put muscle on quite quickly.

Right now ... all I know is that I started 15 kg over the weight I wanted to be, I'm dropping 1 kg/week, and I'm developing some good muscle definition.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,180 Member
    Options
    MrM27 wrote: »
    Machka9 wrote: »
    I used to be a bodybuilder and have always put muscle on quite quickly.

Right now ... all I know is that I started 15 kg over the weight I wanted to be, I'm dropping 1 kg/week, and I'm developing some good muscle definition.

If you used to be a bodybuilder then you obviously wouldn't fall into the noob gains. What your seeing is an optical illusion. Losing fat and retaining glycogen

Well the bodybuilding was a while ago. But I've maintained decent muscle tone until about a year or two ago, when I kind of let myself go a bit. Just in the last few months, I've increased my cycling and walking (both with a lot of hill climbing) and stair climbing.

Just the other day I noticed that my legs are starting to show some real definition again.