Men and Women have different discussions..........

Options

Replies

• _chiaroscuro
    _chiaroscuro Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    These threads bum me out. First someone paints women as catty with a broad brush (no pun intended), and then a bunch of women agree with this tripe and pile on saying "that's why I have only guy friends" blah blah. Well I'm no misogynist, this crap makes me disappointed in everyone equally.
  • melb_alex
    melb_alex Posts: 1,154 Member
    Options
    Okay while getting a haircut today (and being the only one in the shop at the time) the female cutting my hair and her peer, both at least 35 years old, were conversing about their work and people they work with. Lots of "I can't stand her" and "I don't like her" and basic criticism of other females were the topics of conversation between the two. Now some will say it's just a single incident, but I've noticed this with other salons I've gotten my haircut at when females carry on conversations with other females.
    If I get it done at a barber shop (rarity since there are hardly any around), the males talk about sports and cut up on each other with laughter amongst all.

So I gotta feel this has an effect on how females view themselves whenever they are assessing themselves.

This is just my observation from experiences I have getting my haircut done in salons. Usually my brother cuts my hair, but on occasion I'll hit up salons in town.

Thoughts?

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

women honestly bring problems to themselves; I think we are configured with a *****y gene! hahah
  • melb_alex
    melb_alex Posts: 1,154 Member
    Options
    I have a wife, 4 daughters ages 18-17-14-12, 2 granddaughters, 1 female dog, 1 female cat. I go to certain salon cause I like the way the lady cuts my hair.

The only thing I hear anymore, not by choice mind you it's a filter that morphed over time is, blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah....... give me money

hahhahahahahah this is awesome mate!
  • lostdogg
    lostdogg Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    I have a wife, 4 daughters ages 18-17-14-12, 2 granddaughters, 1 female dog, 1 female cat. I go to certain salon cause I like the way the lady cuts my hair.

The only thing I hear anymore, not by choice mind you it's a filter that morphed over time is, blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah....... give me money
    Not to be mistaken, I love the women in my life. But I'm surrounded by teen girl drama and chatter. I've since developed a strong case of selective hearing.
  • lostdogg
    lostdogg Posts: 450 Member
    Options

hahhahahahahah this is awesome mate!

And so true
  • cheesyrunner
    cheesyrunner Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    i'm intj and female; my interactions do not largely entail, nail polish, fashion, or sports. how about, "different people have different discussions"? tired of gender generalizations. kthnxbye.
  • FitandFab33
    FitandFab33 Posts: 718 Member
    Options
    I'm going to go ahead and throw the term "selection bias" out there.

My conversations usually revolve around training or nutrition... but the last conversation I had with a girlfriend was an inappropriate one discussing mouth hugs. Consider the source of your conclusion...
  • EmilyEmpowered
    EmilyEmpowered Posts: 650 Member
    Options
    I think we all talk about the same things.. Just in different ways.

For example:

Work Related Grievances
    Me: I can't stand Susie. She's always making passive aggressive comments about my work and I hate the way she says the opposite of what I do at staff meetings.

Him: *Punches Bob in the face and walks away*

Housework
    Me: Last night, I washed the dishes, folded and put away laundry, took the dog for a walk, fed, bathed and put the kids to sleep and managed to catch my show. What do you think he did? He dropped his plate in the sink and watched TV for the rest of the night.

Him: I'm learning, man. I care about her feelings. Last night, I put my plate in the sink for her. She didn't even have to do it for me!

Kid's Accomplishments
    Me: Little Brenda can count to ten, sing her ABCs and 3 different nursery rhymes!

Him: I taught Brenda how to pick her nose and wipe it on the dog last night.. I recorded it, wanna see?

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • CrankMeUp
    CrankMeUp Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    BAH.
  • shoshi68
    shoshi68 Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    These threads bum me out. First someone paints women as catty with a broad brush (no pun intended), and then a bunch of women agree with this tripe and pile on saying "that's why I have only guy friends" blah blah. Well I'm no misogynist, this crap makes me disappointed in everyone equally.

This.
  • Hexahedra
    Hexahedra Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    Somebody told me this, and it's so eerily familiar to me:

Men fight their enemies, women fight their friends
  • JustAboutDelicious_wechanged
    Options
    I'm going to go ahead and throw the term "selection bias" out there.

My conversations usually revolve around training or nutrition... but the last conversation I had with a girlfriend was an inappropriate one discussing mouth hugs. Consider the source of your conclusion...

Right, we aren't so one dimensional to only talk about other women (which I typically don't talk about anyone if they aren't standing in front of me), but we DO like to talk about mouth hugging and amazing stuff like that.
  • sullykat
    sullykat Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    Anyone can endlessly complain about people who affect their life.

My husband *****es about people he works with to me. I ***** about people I work with to him. I do not think this is a men vs. women thing. I have 3 brothers and all of them have also complained about people to me.
  • Lift_hard_eat_big
    Lift_hard_eat_big Posts: 2,278 Member
    Options
    "Don't try to understand women , women understand women and they hate each other "

Quoted for truth
  • sullykat
    sullykat Posts: 461 Member
    Options

Thank you!
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options
    Perhaps generalizing from women's salon talk would be akin to generalizing from guys' locker room talk.

Not all women are vapid backstabbers just like not all men talk incessantly about who they nailed on Friday night and how crazy she was.
  • jazzygurl81
    jazzygurl81 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    LOL, I can definitely identify with the cackling and hateful conversation some women hold in salons. I usually like to zone out by reading a magazine or something.

But my impression of barber shops isn't any better; I don't frequent any barber shops, but a few years ago I went one time with my then-boyfriend to his barbershop. And it was all men in there. I don't know if they just didn't see me, but the locker room gossip being discussed (apparently someone there had been trying to get with some chick, went on a date, and scored) was absolutely, completely disgusting! The filthy way they talked about women, her body, and that sexual experience was shameful and damn near misogynistic; I couldn't stand to sit there and listen.

I think I'll stick with the salons, lol...
  • butterflyluv1218
    Options
    I definitely agree with this. I have more female friends on MFP than I do in real life. I've always only hung out with men because of this reason. A lot of women are just plain catty and mean.
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    Anyone can endlessly complain about people who affect their life.

My husband *****es about people he works with to me. I ***** about people I work with to him. I do not think this is a men vs. women thing. I have 3 brothers and all of them have also complained about people to me.

But, I thought that men only talked about how much they love everyone and want to give them hugs. And rainbows, sunshine, flowers and unicorns.
  • crazydaisy15
    Options
    When I hear stuff like this, it makes me look a little closer at myself.
    Personally, a little venting to a close and trusted friend or family member can be therapeutic. I try to monitor myself, and once I've gotten it off my chest, my goal is to let it go. Sometimes I am successful and sometimes not so much.
    Professionally -- oh no. This kind of behavior is unacceptable, no matter what your job it. I have been in the same situation, getting my hair cut and the stylists cackle and go on about really personal and catty things, talking with each other, and ignore me.
    I really do feel uncomfortable, in any situation, from a sales clerk to health care, when people act like their relationship with their co worker is more important to them than I am.
    Save the kvetching for your own personal space and be a professional at work, whatever that happens to be.