Am I bikini ready?

Options
Confettiiii
Confettiiii Posts: 31 Member
Hi everyone, so i've posted on here before with my progress pictures but now I need some advice. I've never worn a bikini before as I haven't felt confident enough. I'm going on holiday in a few weeks and am trying to decide whether I should just go for it, or stick with a one piece.

I've lost around 70lbs but my belly is still flabby/loose, it's not attractive at all. Should I just face the facts that I probably just look better with it covered?

Snapshot_20130612_zps47945df8.jpg

Snapshot_20130612_1_zpscac649f1.jpg

Snapshot_20130612_2_zpsdeba8321.jpg

And this is what I looked like before (but not my heaviest), these are horrible btw :(

bik166_zps17f13691.jpg

bik2_166_zpscadfecb4.jpg

Replies

• SpecialSundae
    SpecialSundae Posts: 795 Member
    Options
    There is a bikini on your body. You have a bikini body. Yes, you are indeed bikini ready.
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym Posts: 5,573 Member
    Options
    its cute and you have a great butt! Wear it with pride!
  • DenyseMarieL
    DenyseMarieL Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    I think you look fabulous! You've worked hard to get where you are, so show it off!
  • erika37211
    erika37211 Posts: 12
    Options
    You are doing a great job, but I if you are already unsure about wearing the bikini then pick something you feel great in. Your confidence will be more attractive than a bikini.
  • chunkydunk714
    chunkydunk714 Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    Love the before/after..

yes, I think you are ready.

Congrats on your loss!
  • Lifting_Knitter
    Lifting_Knitter Posts: 1,025
    Options
    Of course! :drinker: great job!
  • CorvusCorax77
    CorvusCorax77 Posts: 2,536 Member
    Options
    There is a bikini on your body. You have a bikini body. Yes, you are indeed bikini ready.

^ this.

I wore a bikini when I was obese. Unashamedly so (I have pics to prove it!). And guess what? I got hit on at the beach wearing my bikini with my obese belly hanging out.

We women judge ourselves too harshly. You look wonderful. Enjoy the sun on your belly!

ETA: To be clear, I'm not saying you are obese now. I'm just saying even at my worst, I still went out in a bikini. You look wonderful and you really should accept that you are ready!
  • HamandSpaceJam
    Options
    Honestly, if I saw you walk by I probably wouldn't think anything of it -good or bad. Do a lot of abdominal workouts each day and some cardio while maintaining a healthy diet and that last flab will disappear in no time. Congratulations on all the success you've had thus far!
  • nicoleashley_24
    nicoleashley_24 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I think you look awesome and I think you're rockin' that bikini!
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    devil_in_a_blue_dress Posts: 5,214 Member
    Options
    Wear it and don't worry about anything.
  • KathryneJY
    KathryneJY Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I'd do it if I were you! As long as YOU feel comfortable, there's no reason not to. You look great!
  • frankizoy
    frankizoy Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    i suggest bring both bikinis and one pieces because although you are bikini ready, its better to feel comfortable if you change ur mind :)
  • trin8ty75
    trin8ty75 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Wow your progress is amazing. I really think you're the only one who can really answer that question. It all comes down to your comfort/confidence level.

If you're gonna wear it and spend the whole time hiding under a cover up then just wear the one piece. On the other hand if you're gonna wear it and STRUT...then go for it. Whatever you do, just enjoy your vacation
  • brillmer
    brillmer Posts: 1,268 Member
    Options
    No.

Get out.

LOL just kidding. Hell yes, you look fantastic =)
  • stonel94
    stonel94 Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    I mean it's really up to you, I've seen people with way WAY worse bodies in a bikini, and of course they get some looks but they don't seem to care.
    You clearly don't have a terrible body, just a little lose skin, I would say if you can wear it confidently, not act all awkward and like you're trying to hide yourself. If you don't act confident then people will notice and probably stare more like noticing that you have something to be embarassed about and will notice more.
    If you can act confident (even if you don't feel it) then go for it
  • RonnieLodge
    RonnieLodge Posts: 665 Member
    Options

+1
  • HealthWoke0ish
    HealthWoke0ish Posts: 2,078 Member
    Options
    Great progress! I say go for it; if the suit fits...wear it, right!? Either way, congratulations on your progress. :)
  • tavenne323
    tavenne323 Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    Steps to a bikini body :
    1. Get a body. (everyone has one)
    2. Put a bikini on.
    3. Go to the beach.
  • ladybird1771
    ladybird1771 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Yes, you look amazing. :) You have such a lovely figure :)
  • eazy_
    eazy_ Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    You look great. I approve. Congrats on your progress.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!