DatMurse
DatMurse Posts: 1,501 Member
Life_Span_Chart21.jpg
highlights25_meatpercap.PNG[

Replies

• usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,219 Member
    Bump to read later.

ETA: Is that 200 pounds of boneless meat per person in a year? I'm pretty sure I eat way more than that not including the 8 dozen eggs every week.
  • JeremiahStone
    JeremiahStone Posts: 682 Member
    MEAT FTW!!!!! I think what matters when it comes to meat is where did you get it and what has it been eating.. If I could have a supply of free range chickens, all natural grass fed beef, and some wild fresh salmon I'd be a happy happy happy man..
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Note the different scales on the x axis. They appear completely unrelated.
  • DatMurse
    3utxo4
    oh well
  • DatMurse
    Bump to read later.

ETA: Is that 200 pounds of boneless meat per person in a year? I'm pretty sure I eat way more than that not including the 8 dozen eggs every week.

eggs are not meat
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    um might want to show a graph comparison of something like the use of antibiotics or medical technology...unless this is a joke post which i often dont get
  • Sqeekyjojo
    Sqeekyjojo Posts: 704 Member

Just look at the gradient for the same period, then. The trend is still life expectancy increasing with increased meat consumption.

However, correlation isn't causation; there's medical advances, a more abundant supply of food, cheaper food, even provision of food stamps to take into account.

But the fact one shows a different range to the other doesn't instantly negate any of the findings.
  • BigGuy47
    BigGuy47 Posts: 1,768 Member
    What's the life expectancy of an egg?
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member

Just look at the gradient for the same period, then. The trend is still life expectancy increasing with increased meat consumption.

However, correlation isn't causation; there's medical advances, a more abundant supply of food, cheaper food, even provision of food stamps to take into account.

But the fact one shows a different range to the other doesn't instantly negate any of the findings.

Life expectancy was increasing at about the same rate even when meat consumption was declining.
  • ldrosophila
    What's the life expectancy of an egg?

depends are you boiling the egg or letting it hatch. Is it a chicken egg, a cobra egg, a fish egg, an unfertilized mammalian egg, or a rare amazon tree frog egg? Context man context!
  • Pearsquared
    Pearsquared Posts: 1,656 Member
    I call your meat consumption vs. life expectancy and raise you a # of pirates vs. global temperature.

r756pj.jpg
  • DatMurse

Life expectancy was increasing at about the same rate even when meat consumption was declining.
    it ends at 2000
  • Alphastate
    Alphastate Posts: 295 Member
    Interesting that meat consumption is trending down as life expectancy is trending up.
  • DatMurse
    Historic-Corn-Yields.png
    thank god for corn
  • ldrosophila
    Historic-Corn-Yields.png
    thank god for corn

thank good for GMO's!!
  • micheabr
    micheabr Posts: 72
    So if we want to kill people off we ban meat?
  • DatMurse
    Historic-Corn-Yields.png
    thank god for corn

thank good for GMO's!!

stop the genetically modified trees from growing too fast!
  • DatMurse
    So if we want to kill people off we ban meat?

or if you kill people meat demand will go down
  • Sqeekyjojo
    Sqeekyjojo Posts: 704 Member
    Interesting that meat consumption is trending down as life expectancy is trending up.

No it isn't. The life expectancy graph ends at 2000. The meat consumption one a decade later. Like I said, compare the same period on both graphs.

And as has already been posted, that doesn't actually mean a great deal in isolation, anyhow. But at least I compared like with like.
  • magerum
    magerum Posts: 12,589 Member
    tumblr_mdd4e8hyvw1r6h22v.gif