Cabbage soup diet

Options

Replies

• missiontofitness
    missiontofitness Posts: 4,074 Member
    Options
    earlnabby wrote: »

Eat a variety of food in moderation. Cabbage soup sounds awesome, in addition to a well rounded intake.

My Mom makes a great soup that she calls "Cabbage Patch Soup". I think of it as more like "clean out the fridge and throw all the veggies in" soup. It starts with beef stock, cabbage, and ground beef and the rest of the ingredients vary every time she makes it. It is awesome!

I need to try this...definitely have a lot of stuff sitting around that could go into soup!
  • HeySwoleSister
    HeySwoleSister Posts: 1,938 Member
    Options
    Actually, if you have the Enchanted Broccoli Forest cookbook, there is a fab vegan cabbage soup recipe, one that I like to convert to vegetarian by serving with a dollop of dijon mustard and a healthy portion of shredded mozzarella. Delicious.

Oh, and no, I won't do anything called the X diet. It's like a pure guarantee of headdesk.
  • snowflakesav
    snowflakesav Posts: 647 Member
    Options
    I used to do this. My opinion may not be popular but I don't think it is harmful to jump start weight loss and experience some success from the beginning. You will lose water weight because the diet is pretty Low in carbs. I don't thing it is reasonable to stay on the diet for more than a week. The calories are too restricted.

The thing I liked about it is there was plenty to eat....and the soup is filling. It helped me deal with the anxiety of going hungry.
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Options
    OP just seacrh cabbage soup and you will see all the negative comment it receives and justifiably so. Learn about proper safe sustainable healthy weight loss, the soup diet is nothing more than a fad and youve fallen for it.
  • Emilia777
    Emilia777 Posts: 978 Member
    Options
    bpetrosky wrote: »
    I LOVE cabbage, but I prefer mine fried with bacon lardons and garlic.

Do you have a recipe for that? I'd love to try that!

It's amazing and goes great with a slice of ham or gammon and a fried egg!

Per person:
    25g of lardons, I use Aldis = 75 cal
    Pop them in to a dry frying pan, they create the oil, then add the cabbage and garlic.
    Garlic 3g=4 cal
    Cabbage 150g =34 calories

The cabbage and garlic suck up the fat from the lardons, it tastes lovely.

I’m going to have to try this! Thanks for the info.

As for the cabbage diet, what bperosky said.
  • Tubbs216
    Tubbs216 Posts: 6,597 Member
    Options
    Actually, if you have the Enchanted Broccoli Forest cookbook, there is a fab vegan cabbage soup recipe, one that I like to convert to vegetarian by serving with a dollop of dijon mustard and a healthy portion of shredded mozzarella. Delicious.

Oh, and no, I won't do anything called the X diet. It's like a pure guarantee of headdesk.
    Pls provide detailed eating plan for The X Diet. Sounds awesome! ;)
  • ladymiseryali
    ladymiseryali Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    Soup is great, but not as your main source of nutrition. That's a very foolish thing to do.
  • hollyrayburn
    hollyrayburn Posts: 905 Member
    Options
    I did the cabbage soup diet. It's crap and doesn't work.

And before you ask about:

I did the south beach diet. It's crap and doesn't work.

I did the slim fast diet. It's crap and doesn't work.

I did the grapefruit diet. It's crap and doesn't work.

I did the "drink warm lemon water and you can eat whatever you want and as much as you want" diet. ICADW (my new acronym haha)

I discovered myfitnesspal, found out how many calories I should eat to lose weight. I can fill those calories in with grilled chicken or fried chicken. I do t drink smoothies unless I wanna. I can end my day with ice cream. Heh, I just had some tortilla chips and cheese dip. I stay within those calories, and eat the foods I like and love, just less. No puking from too much cabbage, no more being hungry because I can only have a slim fast every few hours.

I joined a gym and began an exercise routine.

That crap works. :)
  • hollyrayburn
    Options
    MrM27 wrote: »
    I'd rather be fat again instead of doing a cabbage soup diet.

The soup itself is actually tasty. But...every meal? Heck no, I was done after 2.5 days.

Nice to see you made bond again, M. Lol
  • hollyrayburn
    Options

The soup itself is actually tasty. But...every meal? Heck no, I was done after 2.5 days.

Nice to see you made bond again, M. Lol

I'm not a fan of cabbage but even if it were a tomato soup diet which is one soup I do enjoy, I'd still go nuts eating just that every meal.

And thank you.

I am not a creature of habit. I have to change up food often, which is why I don't meal prep for the week.
  • Whittedo
    Whittedo Posts: 352 Member
    Options
  • Victoria5639
    Victoria5639 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    is anyone doing this I started yesterday.

Hw long are you planning on doing it for?

Just for one week doing it for cleansing more than anythin(
  • allenpriest
    allenpriest Posts: 1,102 Member
    Options
    This is an unhealthy poor choice.
  • Victoria5639
    Victoria5639 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Th
    I used to do this. My opinion may not be popular but I don't think it is harmful to jump start weight loss and experience some success from the beginning. You will lose water weight because the diet is pretty Low in carbs. I don't thing it is reasonable to stay on the diet for more than a week. The calories are too restricted.

The thing I liked about it is there was plenty to eat....and the soup is filling. It helped me deal with the anxiety of going hungry.

Thank you I only plan on doing it for one week. Trying to cleanse my system more than anything. Thought it might help
  • Lasmartchika
    Lasmartchika Posts: 3,440 Member
    Options
    I've tried that soup diet so many times, that now that I hear "cabbage soup diet" and I'm like...

giphy.gif
  • missiontofitness
    missiontofitness Posts: 4,074 Member
    Options
    Th

Thank you I only plan on doing it for one week. Trying to cleanse my system more than anything. Thought it might help

Do you have kidneys, a liver, and a stomach/intenstines/colon?
  • betuel75
    betuel75 Posts: 776 Member
    Options

Haha! for sure!