Messed up my diet :(

Options

Replies

• ogmomma2012
    ogmomma2012 Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    I messed up badly today too. Tomorrow is a new day! Just need to be more mindful, the BOTH of us!
  • Annr
    Annr Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    @walkdmc hahaha....That restaurant uses those "special chickens".
  • SherryTeach
    SherryTeach Posts: 2,836 Member
    Options
    Weigh nuts on my scale and put them in snack bags. . . almonds, peanuts, walnuts are my common ones. 28 grams doesn't take up very much room in the bag, but I'm used to it by now.
  • Nony_Mouse
    Nony_Mouse Posts: 5,646 Member
    Options
    Annr wrote: »
    4 cups of peanuts....I am mentally reaching for TUMS now....

I could totally munch my way through 4 cups of peanuts. I mean, it would take a while, but I could do it.
  • Annr
    Options
    Nony_Mouse wrote: »
    4 cups of peanuts....I am mentally reaching for TUMS now....

I could totally munch my way through 4 cups of peanuts. I mean, it would take a while, but I could do it.

you diehard you..... I suppose I could too...but I would be in a world of belly hurt!!! That is what age does to you!
  • ncboiler89
    ncboiler89 Posts: 2,408 Member
    Options
    nayis010 wrote: »
    So my calorie count was going perfect until i thought eating a small bag of peanuts would do no harm then i realize that bag had like over 3,000 calories. How is that possible??? :(:(:(:(

lol. I obviously haven't read the responses but I don't care what you eat. A small bag of anything isn't 3000 calories.
  • CoachJen71
    CoachJen71 Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    I frequently find that when I scan a bar code, my info is for a container's worth of product rather than a single serving. Worth checking, just in case.
  • FitForL1fe
    FitForL1fe Posts: 1,872 Member
    Options
    lol 3000 calories in a "small" bag of peanuts?
  • Annr
    Options
    ncboiler89 wrote: »
    So my calorie count was going perfect until i thought eating a small bag of peanuts would do no harm then i realize that bag had like over 3,000 calories. How is that possible??? :(:(:(:(

lol. I obviously haven't read the responses but I don't care what you eat. A small bag of anything isn't 3000 calories.

Truffettes De France - Chocolate Truffels, 1 container (125 pieces ea.)

6,250 HA!

• ncboiler89
    Options

Truffettes De France - Chocolate Truffels, 1 container (125 pieces ea.)

6,250 HA!

That's a container. Not a small bag.
  • Annr
    Options
    ok ok you got me there @ncboiler89 ...I had fun searching regardless. a bag of mini Snickers doesn't even come close to 3,000 just fyi.
  • ncfitbit
    ncfitbit Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    Sounds like this is just an error, but it's good you realized it. You'll get the hang of it soon and start to realize which kinds of foods you might want to know the calorie counts before you dive in. Nuts are a big one for me. Dried fruit and cheese are two others that never fail to amaze me. I weigh them by the gram, for sure nowadays.

• ncboiler89
    Options
    ok ok you got me there @ncboiler89 ...I had fun searching regardless. a bag of mini Snickers doesn't even come close to 3,000 just fyi.

I couldn't imagine eating 3000 calories of anything in one sitting. I don't know if you can accidentally do that. I think I would get sick.
  • SophiaSerrao
    SophiaSerrao Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Regardless of if 3000 was an exaggeration or if it was a big *kitten* bag of peanuts (a handful is like 150 cals after all) learn from the experience and start anew tomorrow. Nothing else to do. Like Scarlet O'Hara said "After all tomorrow is another day" :+1:
  • Annr
    Options

I couldn't imagine eating 3000 calories of anything in one sitting. I don't know if you can accidentally do that. I think I would get sick.

And yet young adults do it all the time. On a whim checked out Burger Kings calorie listing. Triple Whopper w/cheese, King fries, and King size choc shake is 3,090 calories. And we wonder why our children have obesity problems. Crazy parents.
  • MoiAussi93
    MoiAussi93 Posts: 1,948 Member
    Options
    That's at least a pound of peanuts!!! I love nuts, but that's A LOT of nuts.
  • Annr
    Options
    Apoligizing for going off topic a bit.
  • ncboiler89
    Options
    Apoligizing for going off topic a bit.

I wouldn't be a MFP thread if it stayed on topic.
  • Annr
    Options
    @zachbonner I agree with you 100%. Eating can ruin your appetite....hey guess what its SUPPOSED to ruin it...hahaha..My mother is shaking her fist at me...I can just sense it...(insert evil laugh)