gained 6 pounds of muscle, lost 2 pounds fat....help with nutrition and fat loss...

1235»

Replies

• avedaprincess
    avedaprincess Posts: 12 Member
    Welp...all of the debating has me confused. Anyway, in a nutshell I need professional help. I hired the trainer to help with nutrition and weight training, but I'm not getting the nutrition help. I made an appointment with a nutrition center late next week. I'll also just start doing my DVDS again. I've been depressed for a few days and haven't tracked my food diary :/ I'm just beyond frustrated and feeling hopeless...
  • galgenstrick
    galgenstrick Posts: 2,086 Member
    edited May 2015
    Welp...all of the debating has me confused. Anyway, in a nutshell I need professional help. I hired the trainer to help with nutrition and weight training, but I'm not getting the nutrition help. I made an appointment with a nutrition center late next week. I'll also just start doing my DVDS again. I've been depressed for a few days and haven't tracked my food diary :/ I'm just beyond frustrated and feeling hopeless...

Definitely keep tracking, you'll get bonus points at your appointment with the nutrition center if not anything else.
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member

Sorry about that...

BF% is just one measure don't rely on it too much esp when done with calipers is my point.

Use weight, clothing size, bmi, bf%, how you feel and pics...they all tell the story.

The nutrition centre make sure it has a registered dietician that is up to date not just a nutritionist...I say this because you can become a "qualified nutritionist" over a weekend with an online course...

As for the frustration about losing fat...just log accurately (using a food scale) and consistently (the good and the bad) do some form of resistance training (it doesn't have to be heavy lifting) and it you will lose the fat......while maintaining what muscle you have.

You won't gain muscle on a deficit..you just won't. You are not an 18 year old male, obese or so new to lifting that you could....sorry. But it's all good...gaining muscle is hard work and takes patience...just retain what you have and then worry about building it.
  • galgenstrick
    galgenstrick Posts: 2,086 Member
    edited May 2015
    ^^^ all of this. And I'll second the comment about the dietitian. You might get a lot of woo with a nutritionist. Similarly, you can become a personal trainer in the same way; some online courses over the weekend, so don't be afraid to switch PTs if you feel the one you have isn't up to par.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 28,053 Member
    edited May 2015

Exercise compares favorably to antidepressant medications as a first-line treatment for mild to moderate depression

I'd like to look at your diary and sent you a friend request. But I'm going to take a stab in the dark and guess if you you tighten up your logging you will see more results.

Also, what's your exercise level set at and how many exercise calories do you eat back?

• avedaprincess
    avedaprincess Posts: 12 Member
    I have a trainer 2x/week, and do jillian Michaels 1-2 x/ week. I work a lot also.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 28,053 Member
    Ok, but what's your exercise level set at and how many exercise calories do you eat back?