90 Day Challenge. Start May 26 ends August 26.

Options
13»

Replies

• hollyrayburn
    hollyrayburn Posts: 905 Member
    Options
    I don't think it's rude to say one shouldn't define a certain type of food as "junk" (though, I will admit, when the cravings hit, I tend to say "I need junk food" lol

As far as my comment, I said that *I* found that low of calories too little for me, as I have a lightly active job, and I work out. If someone is less active, shorter than I, and has less to lose than I do, 1200 is perfectly fine. I am not trying to chastise OP. Now, had she said 800-900 calories a day, I would have to finger wag. ;)
  • aprilmcal
    aprilmcal Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    This is my calorie range most days. Sometimes I eat more when I work out for more than 400 calories. This is great fit for me. I want to eat nutritious food. Clean Eating. I get what you are trying to do. If I have to have a 150 calorie snack mid morning it would be a protein, fruit, or veggie. I have hard time eating breakfast first thing so I break it into two small meals. Anyway, add me, I will try anything for motivation and support!!
    I will be honest, this will not be my main challenge group but I can still share my journey!
  • 2009jewellz
    2009jewellz Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    April, I invited you.
  • dalila747
    dalila747 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    I'll join.I find that I do best when I don't eat in between meals. When you have as little as we do to eat, it's so easy to go over the top.
  • dalila747
    Options
    Looking for friends to do this. 1200 -1300 calories per day journey with. Eating 3 meals a day. No junk. No snacking between meals. No Fast Food. Exercise! Lots water. Lots of No's, but that will save us! Join me!!!!

Gah, that sounds awful. Weight loss is about calories, math and eating at a deficit. Simple as that. And no, 'nos' won't save anyone, but it will make this whole thing a lot harder than it needs to be.

Not all of us want to just lose weight, some want to be healthier too, so chill out. You don't like it, there's plenty of other groups and thread that will tickle your pickle.
  • dalila747
    Options
    aprilmcal wrote: »
    This is my calorie range most days. Sometimes I eat more when I work out for more than 400 calories. This is great fit for me. I want to eat nutritious food. Clean Eating. I get what you are trying to do. If I have to have a 150 calorie snack mid morning it would be a protein, fruit, or veggie. I have hard time eating breakfast first thing so I break it into two small meals. Anyway, add me, I will try anything for motivation and support!!
    I will be honest, this will not be my main challenge group but I can still share my journey!

SHHHHHHHHH. What ever you do do not say clean and eating in the same sentence or the harpies are going to be notified. ;_P

I can't say I will never eat junk. If I can fit it in and I feel like it I will. But I like having something to work for.I want to focus mostly on the no snacking in between. That tends to through me off.
  • hollyrayburn
    hollyrayburn Posts: 905 Member
    Options
    dalila747 wrote: »

SHHHHHHHHH. What ever you do do not say clean and eating in the same sentence or the harpies are going to be notified. ;_P

I can't say I will never eat junk. If I can fit it in and I feel like it I will. But I like having something to work for.I want to focus mostly on the no snacking in between. That tends to through me off.

Lol, I'm just the opposite. I'm a "grazer" and nibble here and there throughout the day. If I don't, I end up with dinners that are like 7 gatrillion calories!
  • dalila747
    Options
    dalila747 wrote: »

Lol, I'm just the opposite. I'm a "grazer" and nibble here and there throughout the day. If I don't, I end up with dinners that are like 7 gatrillion calories!

It's weird for me. Yesterday for example, I ate a lot of tiny meals here are there, and very small snacks, and I felt like I was never truly satisfied. It feels that if I'm constantly giving in to the need to eat it never goes away. Sort of like my dog who will not move from the table if I give him scraps.
    But on days when I'm busy and just eat lunch and then dinner I find that I'm not constantly thinking about food and wanting something to much on. After 30 minutes the sentation goes away and I can deal with it.